Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which climate would you prefer: Vancouver or San Diego?
Vancouver 29 42.65%
San Diego 39 57.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
They are for me. Perhaps you can entertain the novel and utterly preposterous conception that some people may have differing bodily builds, tolerances, and preferences from yourself or your own narrow-minded conception of what a human should be comfortable in, as if we are all clones and no variance exists .

I am what I am, and am proud of it, but even if I was not, my tolerances are what they are, and they exist. Unlike yourself I do not assume that all people that exist have the same preferences, build, and tolerances that I do, a problem that is much less prevalent amongst heat haters versus your group, perhaps because unlike yourself, heat-haters have to face the denialism people like you spew out. If you refuse to acknowledge reality and cloak your mind under a veil of ignorance and lack of understanding of others, that's your problem and your loss.
Ok, I was just saying my opinions that temperatures in the 60s seems like very easy sleeping weather and I don’t see how low humidity 80s and 90s is something to complain about when someone is active during the day. Also, temperatures in the 70s seems like it be easy to sleep in as well.

I definitely was not saying everybody should have the same weather preferences.

I actually want plenty of people to have different weather preferences and for people to be open in understanding each other’s weather preferences.

It seems like you were trying to make too many false assumptions about me which seems unwarranted and unfair, especially for this topic. Also, it seems like you are judging people that have different weather preferences from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Not sure why you question so much TPFAP.. we're not saying this to annoy or confuse you, we're saying it because it's true!
It is good that I question a lot plenty of times for certain topics. I am not sure why you are even going there with judging my overall personality just because of something I said about weather that has no relation to who I am and my personality.

It is good for people to have curious minds. Also, there are plenty of times when I don’t question stuff.

It did not annoy me or confuse me. I was just saying my opinion about that weather topic and was surprised by some responses.

I already understand plenty of different people have plenty of different weather preferences. This climate battle with Vancouver vs. San Diego definitely proves that since it is almost at an exact tie.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:02 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I'm referring to outdoor temperatures. Right now in my living room I'd say it's around 23C, I could sleep in this.. but if the outdoor temperature was 23C then sleeping would become incredibly difficult.

But in general I never, ever turn the heating on when going to bed, and usually it turns itself on at around 7am so I never really notice it getting too warm because I'm usually awake prior to 8am..

I don't see why outdoor temps should be a problem if you have means of keeping your indoor temperature at a comfortable level.

If it was 23°C inside (you say you could sleep in) and 23°C outside. Where would be the problem?

Old 01-30-2012, 05:03 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Open windows are far better than A/C...hence one of the many reasons why I prefer cooler nights.

23 C is too warm of an indoor temperature for me. My ideal indoor temperature is around 60 F, but I don't like 60 F nights because usually the day is much hotter and the house much warmer. Plus it's only at that temperature for a few hours overnight.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:09 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
I don't see why outdoor temps should be a problem if you have means of keeping your indoor temperature at a comfortable level.
Because I don't have a means of keeping my indoor temperature cooler other than fans and natural ventilation, and would prefer to keep that way. I like to feel summer air, not block it off.

Quote:
If it was 23°C inside (you say you could sleep in) and 23°C outside. Where would be the problem?
There wouldn't be a problem. But that combination is difficult at bedtime since it takes time for a room to cool down. Really depends on how hot it was earlier in the day, too.

Are we talking about 23°C at 9 pm (might be ok) or 23°C as the lowest temperature of the night which means it's probably 27°C at 9 pm and rather sticky.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
23 C is too warm of an indoor temperature for me. My ideal indoor temperature is around 60 F, but I don't like 60 F nights because usually the day is much hotter and the house much warmer. Plus it's only at that temperature for a few hours overnight.
My ideal low temperature is mid 50s to low 60s. Though my ideal indoor temperature is closer to 75°F than 60°F, I suspect you'd happier with lows around 60°F if you lived on the ground floor like I did the last few summers.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post

I'm with nei, I have no air con and opening windows on hot stuffy nights doesn't really help.

And I don't know. 15C nights are always stuffy for me, even if the indoor temperatures is above 15C. Not sure why ,but that's just how it works for me.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:37 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Let's end this whole hot vs. cold battle now. We heat-haters do not sleep well in an environment with warm night-time temperatures. That is fact. That is reality. To those who combat this notion, if you exhibit intolerance and ignorance on this subject the only rational conclusion is that you are intolerant and ignorant in this area (which by the way does not necessarily reflect on the rest of your personality), and none of your stupid arguments will change the fact that we heat-haters do not sleep well on warm nights, nor do we care to tolerate them. Accept this if you value the truth. If you choose not to, I don't care, as I do not waste time lecturing those on any side of this battle unable and/or unwilling to understand people who differ from themselves.

Heed the words of dunno what to put here's post. Even if it eludes your comprehension, perhaps you can accept us for what we are.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:38 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
San Diego. Nice temps year round. I would much prefer the rainfall of Vancouver though.

Neighbours of ours were from SD. They enjoy living in a climate with much higher rainfall.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:22 PM

175 posts, read 324,096 times
It is hard to understand how how a thread about San Diego vs. Vancouver climates could yet again lead to a cold vs. heat debate, with the usual suspects participating. Both have mild climates for heaven's sake.

Vancouver hardly has any winter, whereas San Diego is not exactly scorching hot either (77 average August high, even Toronto is hotter than that). I could easily live in these two cities with only one set of clothing all year round (yes, I wear shorts all the way to the single digits).

What we can contrast about the two climates is their rainfall and, probably, sunshine hours (though Vancouver is almost as sunny as San Diego in the summer).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather