Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 AM

839 posts, read 3,073,812 times

Advertisements

At noon:
Temperature: 15 °C (59 °F)
Visibility: 10 km
Humidity: 56 %
Pressure: 1016.5 hPa
Wind: SW 14 km/h (8.7 m/h)

After a hot start, March says goodbye with below average temps. Note that the averages for March are 26C/17C (79F/63F), and for April 23C/13C (73F/55F). Today the forecast is 17C/8C (63F/46F). This isn't unprecedented of course, but still quite rare (I guess, marlaver could confirm perhaps). Meanwhile, I'm enjoying it really! But I fear that to compensate, the atmosphere may bring a late warming in April. I hope not, but in the past it has happened. Well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I feel so relaxed, this weather makes me happy, and it's sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 01:35 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
We are having a Mini-winter in BA!!! Super cold day today!!! In the morning, around 8, day was sunny, and since my appartment is very sunny (balcony with two huge windows on both sides), and since we are in March, i thought "its probably gonna be warm in the afternoon", so i went to work with pants, boots, and a short-sleeve t-shirt. OH man, was it cold!!! 10 celsius in the morning, with southern wind, and me with a t-shirt! brrrrrr walking like 20 blocks FREEZING, hahaah!! Then, around 1 pm, when it was supposed to be warmer, it was merely 15 c, still cold, cloudy, the sun coming at times but very weak, windy with wind chills from the south. Man, i just got home and i think i have a cold, hahaha. Im not complaining, i LOVE this winter temps we are having, but i certainly wasnt ready for this temperatures. Like sanfel said, this temps are below average BY A LOT, april and even may, for example, are way warmer than this. And of course March, lol! I dont think i remember an end of March as cold as this last couple of days we are having! Definetely a cold-spell!!

Anyways, i will be dressing properly tomorrow if this weather continues. Now im drinking tea and hoping i didnt get sick from all the cold, ,lol!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:41 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
At noon:

After a hot start, March says goodbye with below average temps. Note that the averages for March are 26C/17C (79F/63F), and for April 23C/13C (73F/55F). Today the forecast is 17C/8C (63F/46F). This isn't unprecedented of course, but still quite rare (I guess, marlaver could confirm perhaps). Meanwhile, I'm enjoying it really! But I fear that to compensate, the atmosphere may bring a late warming in April. I hope not, but in the past it has happened. Well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I feel so relaxed, this weather makes me happy, and it's sunny.
lol, i too think we are gonna have a very warm April. Remmeber last year? April was very warm and May too. Is like we didnt even feel the cold (except for a couple of days in the beggining of may) till June, and even nights in May were around 60 celsius. I remember being tired and wanting the cold to arrive! And after that we had a freezing winter, lol.

I think we are gonna have a warm april and a warm may again. Its funny cause you see people completely wrapped up and waring scarfs and winter-hats, and i bet people think "oh well, clearly the warm weather is over and winter is already here". I predicted they are gonna have to go back to t-shirts and skirts very soon and will have to use the warm-weather clothes for the entire april.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:27 AM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,117 times
Quote:
Perth dry after a rainless March
Ben Domensino, Wednesday March 28, 2012 - 13:09 EDT

Perth is on track to record a completely rainless month, making this just the eigth time no rain has been recorded in March.

The parched city has not registered a single drop of rain for the past 30 days and the prospect of precipitation seems unlikely during the last four days of March.

Perth typically sees around 19mm of rain during March, making it the driest Australian capital city in the first month of autumn. But while March usually sees little rain, this is only the eigth time since 1876 that not a single drop has registered in the gauge during March.

Perth has a Mediterranean style climate that is defined by dry, hot summers and cold, wet winters. Rainfall usually increases around from this point onwards as cold fronts, which produce most of Perth's annual rain, become more and more frequent and extend further north.

Parts of southern Australia have seen an increase in frontal activity this month, with snow even falling on alpine peaks in Victoira and Tasmania last week. But despite this noticeable increase in frontal activity to the east, Perth has so far missed out.

High atmospheric pressure has been a dominant feature for the lower west this month, which has acted as a barrier to approaching cold fronts. It is because of these blocking highs that the rain-producing cold fronts have failed to reach parched Perth.

The next front will approach Western Australia this week, although the city is unlikely to see more than an increase in cloud and a five-or-so degree temperature drop on Thursday. Rain is unlikely in Perth from this system.

Looking ahead, cold fronts are expected to have an increasing affect on Perth's weather during April and May, with the onset of the traditional wet season.

Perth usually receives 41mm of rain during April and 123mm in May. At this stage, there are no indications that rainfall will be above or below average during the rest of autumn.
Weather News - Perth dry after a rainless March

Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 AM

5,069 posts, read 8,598,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Plus 290 hours of sunshine to the 27th - lucky devils. NZ's North Island is concluding yet another cloudier than average month - 3 of the last 4 in that category.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:21 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,953,145 times
Fairly decent week coming up in Melbourne as far as early April is concerned.

Melbourne Forecast

temps mostly mid-20's and up to 29C on Saturday.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:09 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
At noon:

The min today in BA was 7.6ºC, wich is the lowest min in the last 22 years (27/3/90) for March. But in the suburbs, like Florencia Varela it reaches until 4ºC. Nevertheless, those temps were far to the record of 2.8ºC happened in march of 1964.
The most surprising thing happened in the south of Brazil, where cities like Bom jesus registered 1.8ºC, it lowest temp for march since 1948.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:12 PM

2,948 posts, read 2,916,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
lol, i too think we are gonna have a very warm April. Remmeber last year? April was very warm and May too. Is like we didnt even feel the cold (except for a couple of days in the beggining of may) till June, and even nights in May were around 60 celsius. I remember being tired and wanting the cold to arrive! And after that we had a freezing winter, lol.

I think we are gonna have a warm april and a warm may again. Its funny cause you see people completely wrapped up and waring scarfs and winter-hats, and i bet people think "oh well, clearly the warm weather is over and winter is already here". I predicted they are gonna have to go back to t-shirts and skirts very soon and will have to use the warm-weather clothes for the entire april.
To predict what is going to happen in one month is very difficult. But, for sure, this weekend the norths winds will return with a highs over 20's again.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 AM

Looks like we'll be getting our first little cold fronts of the year in a couple of days as the westerlies start to influence our weather a bit. Very welcome change after months of dry, hot and sunny weather

Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM

Just had a brief rainshower for the first time in a month. The official city site managed to get a reading of 0.2mm/0.01" to save us from a nil rainfall March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather