U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-04-2012, 03:31 PM

4,859 posts, read 2,848,659 times
New forecast for BA i just seen on tv says temp this weekend are gonna be

saturday 15/26 sunny
sunday: 16/27 sunny
monday: 17/28 sunny

WTF???

are we in november and i fall asleep for 6 months or are we in MAY, IN THE MIDDLE OF FALL and having late spring temperatures???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Status: "A cool and wet summer is my idea of heaven :)" (set 10 days ago)

1,583 posts, read 1,129,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

saturday 15/26 sunny

WTF???

are we in november and i fall asleep for 6 months or are we in MAY, IN THE MIDDLE OF FALL and having late spring temperatures???
Wow, that 17/28 sounds pretty nasty for your time of the year - it'd be pretty extreme for us to get that warm in November, although it is possible. Our November averages do seem to match your May temps pretty closely, and it's typical for us to get chilly like you just have, and then get warmer later in autumn.

Is the fall foliage near peak color where you are now? Our peak color usually arrives in the first or 2nd week of November - such a lovely time of the year here for sure.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Wow, that 17/28 sounds pretty nasty for your time of the year - it'd be pretty extreme for us to get that warm in November, although it is possible. Our November averages do seem to match your May temps pretty closely, and it's typical for us to get chilly like you just have, and then get warmer later in autumn.

Is the fall foliage near peak color where you are now? Our peak color usually arrives in the first or 2nd week of November - such a lovely time of the year here for sure.

Yes, it awful, we ve been having super warm temperatures since may started, but they been getting warm day by day. Today it got to be 24 celsius and its 21c now at 8:30 pm at night, yesterday we had similar temperatures, and it seems it will continue to warm at least until next thursday (auch) when temps are gonna drop to an 11/18c, wich is more normal for this time of the year. But, yeah, the warm temperatures are here to stay for now.

Today going to work i was watching all the trees and foliage and they all have such beautiful colours!!!! Yellow, orange and red foliage in the trees!! LOVE IT!! Fall is such a beautiful season! Has always been my favourite!! Too bad its been waaay waaay to warm for now, cause april until the 21th was super warm and May....way, you see our forecast....super warm too. Aside of that, i love the colors of the autumn! Hoping for temperatures to became more stable and stay around the 10/19c mark for good.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:34 PM

772 posts, read 588,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post

saturday 15/26 sunny

WTF???

Where is the data from?

The SMN says:

Sat 15/22
Sun 14/23
Mon 15/24
Tue 16/25

It is still warm, but not as far from average as what you posted.

Here's the link where I took the data from:
Servicio Meteorológico Nacional

Once there, click on Buenos Aires

Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
Where is the data from?

The SMN says:

Sat 15/22
Sun 14/23
Mon 15/24
Tue 16/25

It is still warm, but not as far from average as what you posted.

Here's the link where I took the data from:
Servicio Meteorológico Nacional

Once there, click on Buenos Aires
it was in america noticias. They were actually saying sunday temp was gonna be 27 and talking about the summer clothes and...you know how news are

My coworker even said she heard in the radio that temp was gonna be 30c in monday!

Anyways, those are NOT may temperatures, throw me a 10/18 and ill be happy

Old 05-05-2012, 04:34 AM

2,595 posts, read 1,654,810 times
Overcast all day today, high of only 12 C. The plus side is the lack of radiational cooling though, as the current temp at 10:30 PM is 11 C. I guess it's true what they say about every cloud having a silver lining.

Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 PM

what was the high for today sanfel? Just return from work (worked since 9 am till 11 at night, auuuch!!) and remember getting out in my break at noon and it was SUPER hot and sunny. My guess will be 30c, but of course i probably felt it hotter than it was since i was in an A/c environment and got out and temp seemed super hot.

Anyways, another warm to hot day in May in BA. It looks that tomorrow is gonna be hot too. Best part of the day was walking at 8 am in the morning in the 13c sun!!!! if only the rest of the day were like this!!!! LOVE 13c sunny days!! But those 13c quickly dissapear after 9 in the morning and quickly went up and up till reaching hot temperatures, AUCH!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 PM

another warm day in BA, today was a super humid day, yesterday was humid as well, but today humidity was in the 80s and 90s, super sticky. It started cloudy in the morning but got sunny at noon, SUPER sticky in the 20s....i went out at noon and thought temp was around 30c...again, cause it was SO sticky, but i think real temp was around 22/23. Now is almost midnight and temperatures is 19 celsius.

NOT a climate im liking, tbh....pretty pretty crappy...

sticky....way warmer than i would like....humid....

Anyways...BA keeps warm and i just want COOL WEATHER TO TAKE OVER PLEASE!!

It seems i jinxed May when i take wonderful things about it before it started...ouch!

Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 AM

6,417 posts, read 2,739,876 times
First freezing night of the year at-0.5C/31F, grass temp was -5C/23F. It got up to a pleasant 18C/64F.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 AM

2,717 posts, read 1,218,099 times
Getting our first proper winter front moving through atm, being fuelled by a deep low pressure system.. Very windy with gusts up to 90km/h in the Perth area, with some heavy showers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather