Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:56 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,420,319 times

Advertisements

Coastal cities of the Florida peninsula and southeast Louisiana.
Mild winters and hot summers with an unlimited supply of moisture from the Gulf =
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 12:06 PM

3,990 posts, read 3,386,652 times
Ogulin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,832,712 times
Anything between Oceanside, CA and San Diego, CA

Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,242,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Anything between Oceanside, CA and San Diego, CA
someone's sick of winter

Old 01-28-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
someone's sick of winter
I am. Normally I'm sick of winter around mid February, but the cold plunges accelerated it by a couple weeks. I got spoiled with too many tame winters the past 7 odd years

Old 01-28-2014, 07:42 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,336,870 times
Everywhere in the UK gets a C or a lower grade.

Old 01-28-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast Arctic Cold View Post
Dude I thought you liked the cold!

In Aus, I think my A climates would be in SE Queensland, the Top End and around the Kimberley. SEQ is warm and gets regular storms, the Darwin area is hot and humid and gets some of the world's best storm activity, and the Kimberley is also one of the country's most storm prone areas, but is insanely hot. Also the area around the Gulf of Carpenteria, lots of storms but the humid heat is insane.

The Kimberley region, and the lowlands around the Gulf of Carpenteria will test even the most passionate heat and humidity lover. But the wet season in these areas is a light and sound spectacular.
I like the cold, but I don't like it when it's -10°C outside there's a limit lol. I'm definitely no Patricius Maximus or Kaul. Just like I like the heat, but not excessively like the interior of Australia or the southern US. That's rough. I can handle Cairns perfectly fine (it's still cooler than my hometown), but Alice Springs or Darwin, forget it. My most ideal range, though, is San Diego's, but my comfort range is between 0°C and 30°C

Old 01-28-2014, 03:27 PM

607 posts, read 645,206 times
I'd be hard pressed to give anywhere in the UK higher than D, maybe C- at a pinch. Nowhere has reliably sunny, hot summers and snowy winters.

As for UK territories there are a few Cs and Bs scattered around (B for the often forgotten Cyprus sovereign bases), one definite Z- (Gough Island), but there haven't been any As since we let Canada go her own snowy sunny way....

Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,533,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
I have friends who retired to the South Island, sounds like all sorts of climate is available with in short distances. I suppose a lot has to do with the island nature and the surrounded by water influence. Of coarse elevations help too. They ski all the time, not far from their home village which is kinda in the center of things, I think its Waga ? I have heard the south western slopes down to the sea are the best place. Cool because of latitude, yet warm rainforest down to the beach. You may correct me, i am sure. I never made the trip to your wonderful paradise, but Know a lot of friends who have. One guy from the states moved there predominately full time ?, I helped transport a container with all their wares.That was 15 years ago, never heard from them again.....
Sounds as though they're talking about Wanaka. A lovely place, with a B climate

I would have to disagree about the south western slopes down to the sea. It would be the worst climate in the South Island (imo) Wet, mossy, cloudy and infested by pesky sandflies. Not that warm, although it's not that cold either. Another thing I don't like about there, is that the eastern skyline is dominated by mountains, giving a claustrophobic feel. Great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

NZ's best climates would be B+/A- in my view. I'm no longer sure if I even have an ideal climate.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:58 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,485,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshie79 View Post
I'd be hard pressed to give anywhere in the UK higher than D, maybe C- at a pinch. Nowhere has reliably sunny, hot summers and snowy winters.

As for UK territories there are a few Cs and Bs scattered around (B for the often forgotten Cyprus sovereign bases), one definite Z- (Gough Island), but there haven't been any As since we let Canada go her own snowy sunny way....
Why, oh why, did we grant them independence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather