Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:59 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Central OK may stay in the 40's tomorrow! Now this is what I'm talking about.

I find it funny CC is enjoying temperatures about 15 degrees warmer than us at this moment.
Happy I'm up here. It's 65 F now at 11pm EST, forecast high of 75 F. I would be horrified if I was visiting Oklahoma and it was in the 40's before Halloween. That's the kind of yucky weather I expect here.

With a strong windy day, say sustained wind above 15 mph, I would need gloves to be outdoors more than 5 minutes, even with temps as high as 49 F.
I guess if I ever visit OK it'll have to be no later than September.

Yes, strange it's much warmer here, yet stranger still our temperature preferences given our location of residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 AM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,187 times
I couldn't agree more CC. After our summer though I haven't heard any complaints today, yet. Only 47 at this moment with mist. I think we're even throwing a log on the fire tonight. And yes there is wind, wind chill is 41 right now. This may be the first day of the season we don't see the sun period.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I couldn't agree more CC. After our summer though I haven't heard any complaints today, yet. Only 47 at this moment with mist. I think we're even throwing a log on the fire tonight. And yes there is wind, wind chill is 41 right now. This may be the first day of the season we don't see the sun period.
I hope I didn't come across like I was condescending. What I meant that between us there seems to be stark and possibly suprising differences between our weather preferences.

Also, I thought me saying "If this Canadian was visiting Oklahoma, he would be "horrified" by an October afternoon in the 40's" could be an interesting story/joke to tell to some of your friends or neighbours who might also not mind some cold like you.

First day in fall without sun?
Easily half the days we've had for September and October have been completely sunless.

Wait... Sunless, mist (high humidity), wind AND 47 F, roughly around midday? Now I know it feels gross.
(give it a few hours and you might change your tune. )

Old 10-22-2007, 11:43 AM

Rain too, it couldn't be uglier! haha!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:41 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Quote:
Rain too, it couldn't be uglier! haha!
Yes, what is up with your weather today? It's 57 degrees here and is heading for about 60. I just checked the weather near you (Tulsa and Grove) and your temps are well below that with quite a little windchill going on there. It's probably even warmer where CC lives then it is down there today. Actually, that's quite unusual cause you're usually 20 degrees warmer then us.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM

Still 47. Our high for today was 50 (at midnight) all morning and afternoon has been in the high 40's with wind chills near 40. Averages are 71/48, so to say the least this is bizzare. And now we did just throw a log on the fire

Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 PM

3,513 posts, read 9,427,541 times
Yesterday's high in Syracuse was 77, today's high was 80. No records set, but the past two days have beautiful. Clear blue skies with gorgeous fall foliage on most of the trees!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 PM

Golly, that's warm for Syracuse this time of year. I remember trying to make it through some summers in Ithaca with no air conditioning. I'm sure those people don't appreciate it quite that warm this late in the year. Now the general public is loving it, I'm sure.

The sun ended up coming out for a couple hours here and we warmed to the low 50's. One thing you'd like here CC is we average over 300 days of sunshine per year. (Not sure exactly how that's defined, but we do) and I'd say maybe only 10 days a year we never see the sun. I could've sworn today was going to be one of those days. In the end we almost always see the sun.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Golly, that's warm for Syracuse this time of year. I remember trying to make it through some summers in Ithaca with no air conditioning. I'm sure those people don't appreciate it quite that warm this late in the year. Now the general public is loving it, I'm sure.

The sun ended up coming out for a couple hours here and we warmed to the low 50's. One thing you'd like here CC is we average over 300 days of sunshine per year. (Not sure exactly how that's defined, but we do) and I'd say maybe only 10 days a year we never see the sun. I could've sworn today was going to be one of those days. In the end we almost always see the sun.
Up here it hasn't been all that humid in our fall heat waves. Dewpoint's never hit 70 F since at least September. When it was 90 F (briefly) we didn't need A/C though some people might have used it. Today was another record only this time 77 F. Don't think anyone would need A/C today with the dewpoint somewhere under 60 F, or no mugginess.

Interesting... 10 days where you see no sun? I would like that!
So does that mean the majority of your days with rain have sun too?

On paper we might not get 100 days a year without even a few minutes of sun, but it sure feels that way sometimes. In fall, spring and winter if we have a day with only a few hours of sunshine, we have an 80-90% likelihood of the sunshine being gone sometime between 10:30am and 1:00pm.

We probably get 80-100 days a year with no sunlight between 1 pm and sunset.

300-days-a-year?... I don't think we get 300 days of anything a year here. (except maybe days that never hit or pass 80 F )

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 10-22-2007 at 10:41 PM..

Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Up here it hasn't been all that humid in our fall heat waves. Dewpoint's never hit 70 F since at least September. When it was 90 F (briefly) we didn't need A/C though some people might have used it. Today was another record only this time 77 F. Don't think anyone would need A/C today with the dewpoint somewhere under 60 F, or no mugginess.

Interesting... 10 days where you see no sun? I would like that!
So does that mean the majority of your days with rain have sun too?

On paper we might not get 100 days a year without even a few minutes of sun, but it sure feels that way sometimes. In fall, spring and winter if we have a day with only a few hours of sunshine, we have an 80-90% likelihood of the sunshine being gone sometime between 10:30am and 1:00pm.

We probably get 80-100 days a year with no sunlight between 1 pm and sunset.

300 days a year? I don't think we get 300 days of anything per year here... (except maybe days that never hit or pass 80 F )
The majority of those with rain do end up with sunshine. Typically it seems to occur about 3 or 4 in the afternoon, making for some gorgeous sunsets! I may be over emphasizing our sunshine and we may have closer to 20 days with no sun period. But whatever the total is it's very low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather