Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 04:05 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,700,899 times

Advertisements

We are getting a little of everything in Northern Indiana this morning. Snow,sleet,freezing drizzle and a few reports of thunder and lightning. The precipitation is pretty light though. Roads are slick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 05:24 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
For those travelling in new England this weekend, I would caution not to after 4pm Saturday .

Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Easterly winds from Atlantic is killing snow chances here. These are the times you remember why it sucks living along the coast. Then you get 2 feet of snow in 1 storm and you remember why you stay. lol

I'm hoping the High pressure continues to supply Northwinds and cold air as long as possible

Old 02-22-2013, 05:55 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
Snow coming sideways, blowing and 6-8" expected. They are already predicting another storm for Monday! Please let us get through this one first! I don't care about the next storm at the moment!

This is an adjustment after less than normal (45-50") the last two winters. I haven't seen totals, haven't kept track because we have had some disappear due to a few warmups. It is very January-like now, can't see down the street to the next block, guess it will be a stay in type day, and no Friday lunch bunch!

Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Current 1c
-6c

Pity this airmass didnt come in december it wouldve guarnteed -4c and below maxed and -10c at least at night.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Easterly winds from Atlantic is killing snow chances here. These are the times you remember why it sucks living along the coast. Then you get 2 feet of snow in 1 storm and you remember why you stay. lol

I'm hoping the High pressure continues to supply Northwinds and cold air as long as possible
I surprized after that last storm you are still wanting more snow!

Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times
The storm for this weekend is taking a great track for Philly and NYC but there is no cold air around. It's a shame because this could have been a good storm. SNE northward will get a fair amount of snow. Congrats to them once again. The next 2-3 weeks look interesting. Massive blocking looks to form. Hopefully we can all cash in on the east coast.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
I surprized after that last storm you are still wanting more snow!
Do you seriously think that us snow fans would be satisfied with one isolated event that then melts away for the season? Of course we want more snow. Otherwise the satisfaction is fleeting. Remember: one snow doesn't make a winter, nor does one heat wave make a summer.

Meanwhile, there aren't any winter storm alerts in Alaska but we have a Winter Storm Warning in Hawaii. How rare is that? I'm not sure but I know it's not common.

Quote:
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
HONOLULU HI 328 AM HST FRI FEB 22 2013

...WINTER STORM WARNING CONTINUES...

.PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOWFALL ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR TODAY AND TONIGHT AS MOIST CLOUD LAYERS MEET VERY COLD AIR OVER HIGHER ELEVATIONS ON THE BIG ISLAND.

BIG ISLAND SUMMITS- INCLUDING THE CITY OF...MAUNA LOA AND MAUNA KEA ABOVE 8000 FEET

328 AM HST FRI FEB 22 2013

...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST SATURDAY...

THE WINTER STORM WARNING IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST SATURDAY.

* LOCATIONS...BIG ISLAND SUMMITS ABOVE 10500 FEET.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 12 INCHES.

* TIMING...THROUGH 6 AM HST SATURDAY.

* IMPACTS...ROADS MAY BECOME IMPASSABLE. VISIBILITY WILL BE LIMITED SHARPLY BY CLOUDS AND PRECIPITATION.

* WINDS...EAST 5 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 MPH.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 20S TO MID 30S.

* VISIBILITIES...AT TIMES LESS THAN 1 MILE IN CLOUDS AND PRECIPITATION.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS THAT A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING... MAKING TRAVEL HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:27 AM

I know that mountain in Hawaii has its own ski club so they do get snow, but it is odd no winter warnings in Alaska, but one in Hawaii!

And just so you know, I used to LOVE snow. Guess years in Buffalo changed all that.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yeah, looking good for southeast. Notice the high qpf in the northeast, we have to watch this storm...could be big for parts of New England. I thought you didnt like winter/snow? lol

Man it feels good today. NW winds howling. Snow pack still on ground here and feeling like teens all day.
It don't like cold much, especially the cold windchills we've had lately, but big snowfalls are fun, they make winter much less boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather