U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-02-2012, 08:11 PM

5,807 posts, read 4,329,458 times

Advertisements

I'm curious how many other people in the US south in general suffer this much from the heat in summer.. perhaps it's only people doing manual labour jobs or work outdoors who suffer as most people are inside an air conditioned office. As for me, I could never do manual labour work no matter even if the temp was below freezing... my body is just not built for that kind of strain for 8-9 hours so I have the utmost respect for people who do that kind of work in any temperature.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 PM

25,391 posts, read 13,697,437 times
This is me looking in the mirror when its hot.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 AM

2,004 posts, read 1,389,311 times
-----^
Yup, that's me when it's hot...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
This is me looking in the mirror when its hot.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:55 AM

5,092 posts, read 2,767,184 times
When it's hot I don't cry, or even feel particularly depressed; in fact I'd say rage is more common with me than sadness. It's just the way I am with any eventuality that's very adverse. I'd say this clip art from Microsoft adequately describes me when it's hot :

Old 05-03-2012, 07:43 AM

14,830 posts, read 8,609,305 times
This is what I am like when I get hot and sweaty:

I don't get sad, I just get angry and short-tempered.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 AM

7,032 posts, read 3,925,961 times
I'm going to have a good cry because it's colder than a typical March temperature in MAY. Feels just awful. Even walking outside under this thick cloud with this howling beasterly in my coat and hat I felt frozen to the bone.

And also the forecast is a 100% perfect SUICIDE forecast. No chance of average temperatures, and no chance of storms, for at least two weeks. Utterly boring. It's times like this that I wish I lived in Oklahoma, which gets proper May weather.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
When it's hot I don't cry, or even feel particularly depressed; in fact I'd say rage is more common with me than sadness. It's just the way I am with any eventuality that's very adverse. I'd say this clip art from Microsoft adequately describes me when it's hot :
Yeah, I've felt rage too, like when we hit a 100 F a few years back. I was saying some rather unkind things to the "man upstairs" that afternoon, and guess what, we got hit by a pop-up thunderstorm that dropped a half inch of rain and dropped the temps down into the 70's. So sometimes it pays to be mad at the weather....lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
I'm going to have a good cry because it's colder than a typical March temperature in MAY. Feels just awful. Even walking outside under this thick cloud with this howling beasterly in my coat and hat I felt frozen to the bone.

Good gosh, please send some of that cold air this way. And I'll send you some of our heat in return.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM

7,032 posts, read 3,925,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I was saying some rather unkind things to the "man upstairs" that afternoon, and guess what, we got hit by a pop-up thunderstorm that dropped a half inch of rain and dropped the temps down into the 70's. So sometimes it pays to be mad at the weather....lol.
I wish that happened when I raged about the weather. Problem is I rage about cold weather and therefore there are no thunderstorms. I would happily send this cold air away, anywhere. About time we tapped into a deep fetch tropical southerly from the sahara here in England. At the correct time of year! Not October or March, but May - September.

I struggle to understand why the retarded jet stream always has to plunge south in the SUMMER and north in the winter. Makes no sense. Surely the opposite should occur.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM

3,861 posts, read 5,408,192 times
Oh yes, summer! My least favorite season, too. Oh, the heat, the humidity, the mosquitoes, the No See-um's--the tourists descending, the A/C running, running, driving up our utility bills. The stickiness and clamminess of it all--never feeling fresh and clean--even after a shower. Where's the fast-forward button to lovely Autumn of crisp air and sweaters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather