U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 PM

5,004 posts, read 3,542,208 times

Advertisements

So, we had a FREEZING day today. Highs only in the 60s (around 16 celsius) and lows, do you wanna hear how cold is now at 12 at night??? 11 celsius (around 50f).

The news people are just insane!

When a perfectly normal 10/16 celsius sunny day unleashes that kind of insane reactions from the news and from the people (OMG!! WHAT A FREEZING DAY!!! people said in the streets at the lovely 14 celsius afternoon!), this shows how used are the insane porteños to the warm weather!!! It stopped being cold last August. It was warm in September, very warm in October, warm to hot in November, and hot in Dec, Jan, Feb and March. And back to warm in April and in a very above average May.

Now, when we have "normal" temperatures, people think we are in the ice age, sheeeesh. Porteños lack common sense.

Anyways, lovely day today but i hope it gets colder, like a little bit of cold wont hurt anyone, please!

Last edited by SophieLL; 06-03-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 PM

Oh, and the afternoon was SO lovely today (strong pink in the sky, and very clear-shaped clouds contrasting the blue/pink sky) that i took some pictures (sorry for the low quality i took them from my phone ) .

I thought the clouds were interesting, cause the day was mostly clear (completely sunny at noon, some clouds start coming later) but some clouds appeared all of the sudden but were different to the usual clouds I see: they were darker (like grey) but werent showing rain (the day was clear and the pink sky was announcing clear skies for tomorrow) more like "cold". Do this clouds mean "cold"? Could some of you people that know about climate would tell me this?
Attached Thumbnails
Winter 2012 (June-August) - Southern Hemisphere-foto0139.jpg   Winter 2012 (June-August) - Southern Hemisphere-foto0146.jpg  

Old 06-04-2012, 04:47 AM

26,296 posts, read 14,345,651 times
Sydney's wettest, coldest first weekend of winter in decades

This weekend, the city had more than 30mm of rain and the maximum temperature was only 16.7 degrees, Weatherzone meteorologist Brett Dutschke said

This makes it the wettest and coldest opening weekend of winter since 1989

There was a colder opening weekend in 1995 with a maximum temperature of only 15.6 degrees. But that was a drier weekend with only 25mm recorde

"A low will form offshore and intensify as cold air comes across from the west. This intensification will cause wind to become very strong and heavy rain to develop, starting from eastern Victoria on Monday night and heading north along the NSW coast during Tuesday

Read more: Sydney's wettest, coldest first weekend of winter in decades

Old 06-04-2012, 06:04 AM

1,156 posts, read 743,591 times
Global warming hard at work once again. And to think governments are using this scam as a vector to slug us of our hard earned via carbon taxes and bullcrap "green initiatives". May they all get "The Plague".

rain all day here ,full overcast, but what else is new

Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 AM

2,884 posts, read 1,523,674 times
Had a stunning red sunrise this morning over Perth.

View over Fremantle Harbour:

Will stay overcast for the next few days, rain is expected from Wednesday onwards.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:58 AM

785 posts, read 744,487 times
At last, the forecast looks great!

Mon 6/13 (43/55) partly cloudy / scattered showers
Tue 5/13 (41/55) mostly sunny
Wed 3/10 (37/50) some rain / some clouds (hehe, sorry for the simple language, but I am translating from a text in Spanish)
Thu 1/9 (34/48) Mostly sunny

Thursday seems a promising day. Let's hope the forecast doesn't downgrade.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM

2,884 posts, read 1,523,674 times
Weird weather atm, has warmed up in the last hour from 16C to 20C and its 10pm, almost on par with Darwin!

Will likely be overcast tomorrow which is unfortunate as we may miss the rare transit of Venus.

Last edited by sulkiercupid; 06-04-2012 at 10:14 AM..

Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 PM

7,268 posts, read 3,630,990 times
First big snow of the winter expected today with up to 50 cm/2 ft forecast down to 700m/ 2100ft. Further south has up to 40 cm/ 20 inches down to 300 m/1000ft. Light snow to sea level is possible from about Dunedin south.

The bad weather should last 2 days and them lots of frosts. Highs for the next week here forecast at 12-15C/54-59F, with lows around freezing. Might be soup for lunch today.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfel View Post
At last, the forecast looks great!

Mon 6/13 (43/55) partly cloudy / scattered showers
Tue 5/13 (41/55) mostly sunny
Wed 3/10 (37/50) some rain / some clouds (hehe, sorry for the simple language, but I am translating from a text in Spanish)
Thu 1/9 (34/48) Mostly sunny

Thursday seems a promising day. Let's hope the forecast doesn't downgrade.

AWESOME! would this be true?? Thursday looks awesome!! Not only 1/9 (wth???) but also MOSTLY SUNNY! If on thursday we have one of those 9 celsius crispy days im always dreaming of, then i will be HAPPY!

Anyways, it seems that the clouds i saw in the sky yesterday were indeed cold clouds, cause today is the first day you can say is somewhat "cold". Temp at 4 pm is only 10 celsius, wich is low even considering the averages for the coldest month, so yayyy!! The day was cloudy but now is only partly cloudy with a clear blue sky and really nice-shaped dark clouds contrasting it! Really beautiful! The weather outside feels lovely, you can feel the cold scratching your face!

Im excited for the forecast, too! (tuesday and thursday look dreamy!)

Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM

pffff, they already talking about the "polar wave" on the news, sheeeeshh!! "oh, its so freezing!!! people need to take care" yada yada!! Come on, we are having 10.7 celsius now, its not like we are freezing or nothing remotely like that! Almost room temperature News are already making a big fuzz about it, they wont even let us enjoy the good days without labeling them as "polar ice freezing we are gonna die!!!".

Crazy people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather