U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: ?
A 3 18.75%
B 6 37.50%
C 2 12.50%
D 4 25.00%
F 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:12 AM

2,884 posts, read 1,525,413 times

Advertisements

Yes its very similar to Perth but with the rainfall pattern inversed. Comfortable if lacking a bit in variety, and would prefer a bit more rain in winter.

B-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 08:44 AM

785 posts, read 745,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
But with 10 months!!! with averages high above 20 celsius, i dont like the odds for a crispy cold 9 celsius day in Cordoba, ugh!!
I bet the odds for a crispy cold 9 celsius day in Córdoba are no different from BA, even though the avg highs in Córdoba are higher.

Look at last July 2011:
Clima en Cordoba Aerodrome durante Julio de 2011 - datos climáticos históricos

And July 2010:
Clima en Cordoba Aerodrome durante Julio de 2010 - datos climáticos históricos
Look at days 16 to 18, how chilly they got.

For me, Córdoba gets a C-. Too warm year-round, though the fact that winters are more unstable make room for some really chilly days (at the expense of having 28C days in winter). Overall, it isn't that bad, but definitely very far from my ideal climate.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 AM

5,130 posts, read 2,863,539 times
This is an awful climate. Abundant sunshine, hot summers, and no winter. I give it an F.

What is interesting about this place is that it is similar to many Mediterranean climates temperature-wise, but the precipitation profile is exactly reversed, with a wet summer/dry winter instead of a dry summer/wet winter. A lot of people that move to the Sun Belt in the United States would love this climate, even more than their Sun Belt destinations (no cold rain in winter and cooler summers are advantages for that type here vs. the Sun Belt).

Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 PM

2,613 posts, read 1,921,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
This is an awful climate. Abundant sunshine, hot summers, and no winter. I give it an F.
How about we just assume you give every climate an 'F' unless stated otherwise from now on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
What is interesting about this place is that it is similar to many Mediterranean climates temperature-wise, but the precipitation profile is exactly reversed, with a wet summer/dry winter instead of a dry summer/wet winter. A lot of people that move to the Sun Belt in the United States would love this climate, even more than their Sun Belt destinations (no cold rain in winter and cooler summers are advantages for that type here vs. the Sun Belt).
Yes, but I guess the disadvantage is that the landscape will be more arid-looking due to higher evotranspiration during summer.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:23 PM

10,734 posts, read 6,012,214 times
D+

Summers are too warm and it's too sunny. Winters are acceptable enough to save it from a F. Rainfall is decent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather