Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
Here's me when it drops below 80...
Here's me when it drops below 70...
Here's elfyum in Toronto, 355-days-a-year:

( )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 09:14 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
well we've been having nights in the 30's and 40's and days in the 60's and 70's for over a month now and we had a frost advisory a couple weeks ago and I love it. I go for walks everymoring when I can still see my breath and it makes me feel great for the rest of the day.. autumn is wonderful heat for me =

Old 09-30-2007, 10:09 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
anything below 75 degrees is below freezing for me

Old 09-30-2007, 11:05 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh my word, Cotton, I hope you are bundled up really well. That is cold weather to me!
What does it get down to when it gets winter time? ? ?
OH my!!!! You wouldn't like winter in my area either. There are sometimes months that go by that we don't even reach a HIGH of 36.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OH my!!!! You wouldn't like winter in my area either. There are sometimes months that go by that we don't even reach a HIGH of 36.
it was 38 here this morning and I went for a walk and there were some people in pants and just a t-shirt I think those are the nutzo's who think anything above 25 degree's just isn't worth layering for lol!! I'll tell ya though 38 degrees is just cold enough for a sweater, its not coat weather

Old 09-30-2007, 05:24 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
our low was 58 and the high was 86, perfect, beautiful day....

Old 09-30-2007, 06:12 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
it was 38 here this morning and I went for a walk and there were some people in pants and just a t-shirt I think those are the nutzo's who think anything above 25 degree's just isn't worth layering for lol!! I'll tell ya though 38 degrees is just cold enough for a sweater, its not coat weather
Boy that sounds good right about now!! Enjoy it for me...

Old 09-30-2007, 06:55 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Above average temperatures look to continue for areas east of the Rockies. The persistant upper level ridge in the eastern part of the country is not going anywhere. Therefore, the stronger cold fronts are not able to move very far to the south and east. The active Pacific flow is keeping a lot of the colder air up in Canada as well.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarastomsgirl View Post
I'll tell ya though 38 degrees is just cold enough for a sweater, its not coat weather
Even before I became extra cold sensitive,
my mom would have a fit if I was outdoors in 38 F in just a sweater!

I wouldn't need a winter coat 38 F, but anything less than a jacket and long-pants would be unacceptable.

I believe in our family, as well as three-quarters of my neighbours, "just sweater weather" ends below 45 F.

I'm also baffled how anyone might prefer weather below 45 F (yet above 32 F),
excpet unless they wanted to see sloppy snow.

Around here, no kids I went to school with liked the weather in late fall and early spring for that same reason; much too chilly for "summer activities", yet still too warm for winter activities.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 09-30-2007 at 08:25 PM..

Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Even before I became extra cold sensitive,
my mom would have a fit if I was outdoors in 38 F in just a sweater!

I wouldn't need a winter coat 38 F, but anything less than a jacket and long-pants would be unacceptable.

I believe in our family, as well as three-quarters of my neighbours, "just sweater weather" ends below 45 F.

I'm also baffled how anyone might prefer weather below 45 F (yet above 32 F),
excpet unless they wanted to see sloppy snow.

Around here, no kids I went to school with liked the weather in late fall and early spring for that same reason; much too chilly for "summer activities", yet still too warm for winter activities.
I was quite comfy in just a sweater, my husband would only wear jeans and no sweater.. we don't close our house windows for anything under 34 degrees, even with the nights in the 30's we still sleep with a fan on.. I just find it wonderful . I thought I'd be very sensitive to the cold being I've been in Fla for the last 23 years but not really. Its very nice.. I guess just casue its a change ya know.. For me wintercoat weather is probably about 30 or less. The only thing I coulda used for my walk yesterday was maybe a pair or light gloves cause my fingers alway get cold and hurt. My ears are the next to go and I get that throbbing ear ache feeling but its not cold enough for that yet. While I was walking yesterday I saw a bunch of kids sitting on a roof and none had on sweaters a couple had on shorts.. Its just that they're used to it... Its kinda like how I could never figure out how people could even bare to be at the beach in Florida with temps above 85 an water temps in the 80's also, for me it was just unbarable!! Horrid lol, but for you its probably perfect.. Its kinda cool how we're all different and its cool to see what one person thinks is cold the other thinks it just mildly cool!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather