Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:33 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times

Advertisements

check it out...and the radar is showing RAIN....

Current
Conditions
91°
Wind E 2 mph
Humidity 46%
Barometer 29.94
Heat Index 96°
Since Midnight
High Temp. 91°
Low Temp. 66 °
Rainfall 00.00 in.

FINALLY ABOUT TO TURN COOLER...
It was another hot and humid day across the area but thankful today should be the last day of 90 degree temperatures for a while (possibly until May)! A cold front will approach the area by Tuesday evening. Scattered showers and t-storms will develop out ahead of the front and move from southwest to northeast. About 40-50% of the viewing area will see rainfall during the day on Tuesday. Following the front, cooler and drier air will filter into the region from the north and west. High temperatures will still be in the 80s on Tuesday and Wednesday but you'll notice lower humidity values. High temperatures on Thursday will struggle to reach the 80 degree mark and temperatures will likely remain in the 70s during the day on Friday. Overnight lows Wednesday morning through Sunday morning will likely be in the 50s. The coolest mornings look to be Friday and Saturday. After Tuesday no rain is in the forecast for at least the next several days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 06:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
Angel, I LOVE your weather. I'm moving to your town and I'll be over for brownies.

Did you end up getting any rain this weekend at all or did it all go south of you? It looked so promising in the long range forecast, but as time went on, they kept moving the rain southward on the map.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:04 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,974 times
It was gorgeous today once the clouds cleared out! 78 this afternoon! I even went out for an hour bike ride after dinner. That was my first ride since June. It even gets light too late in the morning these days to go out.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:15 PM

It all disipated and/or moved South of us. I was trying to get my radar screen cut and pasted to here, but I don't know how to do that, sigh. Rain is almost upon us. YIPPIIEEE, doing a happy dance.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:33 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,264,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Angel, I LOVE your weather. I'm moving to your town and I'll be over for brownies.

Did you end up getting any rain this weekend at all or did it all go south of you? It looked so promising in the long range forecast, but as time went on, they kept moving the rain southward on the map.
I understand she makes a mean sour cream? sour dough? pound cake too!

Rain in Texas tonight. We need it, but I just washed my car today! Still very hot for October--hit 90 today. We're still waiting for that first cold snap! In fact, they treated 200 people for heat exhaustion at a concert at our State Fair today.

kaykay taps foot impatiently... for first cold snap!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Don't worry kaykay, it should be coming your way. It was way cooler here in OK today. Of course, knowing how things tend to go, you guys will be lucky to have highs below 85 compared to our 75.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I understand she makes a mean sour cream? sour dough? pound cake too!

Rain in Texas tonight. We need it, but I just washed my car today! Still very hot for October--hit 90 today. We're still waiting for that first cold snap! In fact, they treated 200 people for heat exhaustion at a concert at our State Fair today.

kaykay taps foot impatiently... for first cold snap!
DH loves Apple Crisp, but I am trying to find a great recipe for apple cobbler to surprise him with on around Thursday when the cooler temps can really be felt.

Yup, I do make a mean sour cream pound cake, the recipe that my moma used when I was a girl, she got it from her moma and it is very old. Of course, she has tweaked it a bit here and there to make it a wonderful cake.

Kaykay, you should not be tamping that foot for much longer. Seems you are getting down into the 80's, that is a great move in the right direction!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:24 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Current temp in eastern Kansas 49F! MUCH cooler.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:35 PM

I'm enjoying it as well, Plains. 58 here right now.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:47 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,798,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I'm enjoying it as well, Plains. 58 here right now.
Ouch!... Well, glad to hear you're happy,
but I'm also glad to be here in the nice and balmy North instead!

Had a forecast high of 82 F, it passed that and we saw lovely peak temps from 87-90 F. By 11pm we cooled back into the low 70's.
Just past midnight we're into the upper 60's F with no wind.

I don't recall having summer weather for (Canadian) Thanksgiving.

Even though it hasn't been "hot" in a while, my skin stayed almost-dry walking around at 88 F under hazy skies with probably 50% humidity... so that's a heat index at almost 100 F. It still felt barely very-warm to me.

If you told me it was only 80 F outside this afternoon I would believe it with how gentle this heat blast was on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather