Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,944,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
You do realize that that is a sepia-toned black and white photograph, right?

At any rate, it looks absolutely beautiful. A quiet, serene coastal landscape that is perfect for sitting down for some reading or quiet contemplation.

Here is a color image of the same place:
What is perfect for sitting down and reading is a clear, crisp sunny morning. It actually makes you want to live. On our disgusting overcast winter mornings, I have no desire to wake up or do anything. I'l wake up at 11am, thinking it's still 7 or 8 due to the horrid darkness that the filthy overcast induces.

Overcast is disgusting, and I absolutely can't stand it. Here, it is overcast almost every ****ing morning from May to September. I hate it and it is depressing. Just one reason I cannot hack this damn climate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 09:54 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,139,037 times
Sounds like a personal problem. I don't like sunny days, but I can tolerate them. But you, the way you talk about cloudiness, it's like you're being denied your heroin fix or something.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Sounds like a personal problem. I don't like sunny days, but I can tolerate them. But you, the way you talk about cloudiness, it's like you're being denied your heroin fix or something.
Herion fix hey bro? Well Anyone one that likes overcast nuclear winter were dropped on their head as a child. You must be doing a kg of coke a day to love overcast my home dog .

Quote:
You do realize that that is a sepia-toned black and white photograph, right?
It doesn't look any different to the 99% of winter days here that I see with my naked eye.

Last edited by Flight Simmer; 06-17-2012 at 10:29 AM..

Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM

4,972 posts, read 7,163,640 times
Cloudy or overcast during the day, crystal clear at night. I've had enough sunlight to last four life times.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:16 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,678,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Simmer View Post
Well Anyone one that likes overcast nuclear winter were dropped on their head as a child.
Or we just don't like being blinded and sweating all day.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:17 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,139,037 times
Quote:
Herion fix hey bro? Well Anyone one that likes overcast nuclear winter were dropped on their head as a child. You must be doing a kg of coke a day to love overcast my home dog .

It doesn't look any different to the 99% of winter days here that I see with my naked eye.
How dare you. I never do more than 500 grams of coke in any 24-hour period!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Or we just don't like being blinded and sweating all day.
Or we just don't like living in a post hiroshima holocaust all day.

Quote:
How dare you. I never do more than 500 grams of coke in any 24-hour period!
So you are a druggie! I knew it

Old 06-17-2012, 06:59 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,465,573 times
I agree with Lunar Deltar, sounds like you have serious mental issues Flight Simmer. You and Weatherfan2 are perfect for each other.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:09 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,678,533 times
I just don't understand why a person would start a thread asking people for their opinions, then insult their preferences when it doesn't match those of the OP.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM

5,580 posts, read 7,965,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I just don't understand why a person would start a thread asking people for their opinions, then insult their preferences when it doesn't match those of the OP.
Indeed. For what it's worth in the drug department I avoid even a sip of alcohol or one dose of sleeping pills, so obviously cocaine and heroin are out of the question. The irony is that Flight Simmer has probably ingested much greater amounts of drugs in his lifetime than I have in mine, several orders of magnitude more in all likelihood, and I'm the one who likes clouds here. I don't hold it against Flight Simmer, though, at least not any more than simply disapproving of that lifestyle choice. After all, Flight Simmer's functioning hasn't been impaired like a genuine drug addict. If he became a teetotaler like me tomorrow, I doubt there would be any change in his unique style.

I can always hold out hope that he will see the light and convert to my way of thinking .

Quote:
Or we just don't like living in a post hiroshima holocaust all day.
Real post-atomic holocaust conditions wouldn't bear much resemblance to any overcast seen in Europe or Melbourne, aside from the sun being blocked out. The smoke and haze in a post-nuclear scenario bears a much closer resemblance to many tropical locations than any oceanic climate. Although this is hardly a scientific work, several of these art works demonstrate the clear difference between fallout smoke and mere overcast. Does Melbourne ever look like this?

Besides, why must post-apocalyptic-like (weather) scenery be such a bad thing? I love that style of clouds and weather myself, it shows off drama, the raw power of nature, and is quite invigorating and breathtaking. I understand and respect how you wouldn't like "powerful cloudiness". After all, not everyone is suited to such environments, but don't take your anger about the overcast out on us, least of all me, who has always respected your preferences towards heat and sun (without any reciprocation by the way).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather