U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:29 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,820,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Agreed, though your low temp is too low for my liking.

For 60 miles inland from the beach (Philly), 87F/69F (July avg temps here). Then the beach is usually perfect with 82/70F (warm water keeps nights warmer). And SST temps have to be low to mid 70'sF at least. We are getting that weather right now.
For the UK 18c at night is pretty warm. The av min in July and August is 15c, though I prefer coolish nights as they're good for sleeping. Unlike in Spain where one has to deal with the horrible sound of the Air-Con!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 12:40 PM

12,097 posts, read 9,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
For the UK 18c at night is pretty warm. The av min in July and August is 15c, though I prefer coolish nights as they're good for sleeping. Unlike in Spain where one has to deal with the horrible sound of the Air-Con!

What kind of hotel did you stay in lol? I spent a week in Seville in early September and never heard the AC. Window units suck. It is all central a/c over here anyway, like in my house. Never hear it.

Your summer nights, like the PNW here, are way too cool for my liking. We had low temps last week in the low 60's and people were wearing jeans, long sleeve shirts at night and complaining about how chilly it felt(though this was 1am lol).

You get used to warm nights in summer real fast, and they are much better than plus 90F days imo.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
What kind of hotel did you stay in lol? I spent a week in Seville in early September and never heard the AC. Window units suck. It is all central a/c over here anyway, like in my house. Never hear it.

Your summer nights, like the PNW here, are way too cool for my liking. We had low temps last week in the low 60's and people were wearing jeans, long sleeve shirts at night and complaining about how chilly it felt(though this was 1am lol).

You get used to warm nights in summer real fast, and they are much better than plus 90F days imo.
We stayed in cheep(ish) Villas in Torrevicca or however it's spelt (my Aunt and Uncle life there so we've gone to Spain on occasions)... haha, the av summer min here is like 15c so thats around 59 or 60f... you would hate our nighttimes then?! LOL

Old 08-27-2014, 01:49 PM

12,251 posts, read 6,650,046 times
Quote:
Unlike in Spain where one has to deal with the horrible sound of the Air-Con!
AC humming is one of my favorite comforting sounds. Although some window units in hotels can be kind of loud.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:06 PM

3,293 posts, read 4,259,031 times
Perfect for me right now would be:

Sky: Partly cloudy with thunderstorms later
Temp: 84F
Dew point: 73F
Wind: 10 mph

Old 08-27-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
AC humming is one of my favorite comforting sounds. Although some window units in hotels can be kind of loud.
Saying that. In the UK many households don't have AC as temps rarely go above 32c... But we do have fans in every room. Now when I have the fan on it does send me to sleep much more easily... However the AC's we had in Spain were to loud!

Old 08-27-2014, 02:24 PM

12,251 posts, read 6,650,046 times
Quote:
Saying that. In the UK many households don't have AC as temps rarely go above 32c... But we do have fans in every room. Now when I have the fan on it does send me to sleep much more easily... However the AC's we had in Spain were to loud!
Well, 32C is still pretty hot...

But yeah I guess it makes a difference when you grow up with AC on for half the year or more.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Well, 32C is still pretty hot...

But yeah I guess it makes a difference when you grow up with AC on for half the year or more.
Just so you know when I say temps rarely go above 32c I meant maximum temps (not sure if I made that clear LOL)...

Old 08-27-2014, 02:47 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,547,382 times
High of 77 F and low of 50 F. Sunny and windy .

Old 08-27-2014, 03:34 PM

12,097 posts, read 9,630,326 times
Quote:
We stayed in cheep(ish) Villas in Torrevicca or however it's spelt (my Aunt and Uncle life there so we've gone to Spain on occasions)... haha, the av summer min here is like 15c so thats around 59 or 60f... you would hate our nighttimes then?! LOL

No, I wouldn't hate them if I lived there cause I would be used to them. If I visited in summer I would find it chilly for sure. Think about it, if our avg low in July is 70f, that means that is around 5am. Most people are asleep.

I just calculated, from our airport, the avg July temp at 10pm for this past July. This past July was actually -.1F below normal. You had a pretty warm July and we had a very average July.

The average temp this past month at our airport at 10pm was 76F. The min at that time for the entire month was 71.1, and the max for the month at 10pm was 85F.

I don't like your cold summer nights. Because if your average high isn't even equal to our temp at 10pm at night, then for me it would feel too chilly for night swimming, hanging out without feeling chilled, escpecially with a breeze. But if I grew up there I would be used to it, so that is why you feel 59F is warm for a night temp.

An above normal July here and nights would be even warmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather