U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 12:50 PM

67,245 posts, read 49,124,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Hey Cambium, how do you get those real-time temperature anomaly maps?
Sorry for the delay. Send me a PM if I don't reply in the forum fast enough.

Here are the current temp departures for the hour. I hope this is what you are looking for.

They have the dewpoint as well.

HOURLY DEPARTURE FROM 1981-2010 AVG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:30 AM

1,466 posts, read 2,195,849 times
Thank you for posting. Very informative URL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivalis View Post
I just found out about it. This will be helpful for anyone not already in the know. A sticky would be great...

Example: Get monthly summary data
  1. Go to Climate Data Online (CDO) | National Climatic Data Center
  2. Click on Monthly Data
  3. This will bring up the world map. If you type a location in the Locator box, you can go to directly to that location. Otherwise, you can zoom in and out with the map tools.
  4. From what I see, you can't click on a station directly. Instead, there is the Select by Rectangle option in the Select Tools box. There are other options too; I haven't tried them out.
  5. Once you have selected the area with the station you want, a box will appear showing all of the stations you selected. You can choose one or more stations. Click Get Selected Data.
  6. A new tab/window will show up. Enter your email the data will be sent to and the date period you want.
  7. For Climate Delivery Format, go here for examples of how the data will look when you get it.
  8. Go to continue and follow the rest of the steps. The "order" is free, so don't worry about that. They say that it might take 24-36 hours, but it took me less than 5 minutes to get all of the monthly data (1891-2012) from the weather station at the University of Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or