U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2012, 01:04 AM

5,866 posts, read 7,055,739 times

Advertisements

how gorgeous is autumn?? I mean, those colours are amazing! I think autumn is the best month scenery-wise, the amazing colours of the trees is something that gives it advantage over the other seasons, imo.

Personally, my favourite season here is obviously winter, but i appreciate autumn very much, cause it basically means summer is over and best part of the year (winter) is coming. Plus, the landscape is always stunning. So, im kinda envy of the northern hemisphere folks who are about to start autumn.

Here, on the other hand, we are starting....spring . I wanna cry.

Temperature-wise, winter ended last day of July. August has been so far very very warm. If it had been super sunny (like it should) i would say we already have been starting spring (with highs between 15 and 22c, like we ve been having), but since its been RAINING ALL MONTH, then i will say this is clearly a transition month, one that cant be labeled as winter or spring, just a transition month. Its warm, but its raining and cloudy all the time, so it cant feel like spring.

Im thinking that by next week, aka the end of the month, we will be into spring already.Ugh
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 01:07 AM

14,819 posts, read 11,647,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
how gorgeous is autumn?? I mean, those colours are amazing! I think autumn is the best month scenery-wise, the amazing colours of the trees is something that gives it advantage over the other seasons, imo.

Personally, my favourite season here is obviously winter, but i appreciate autumn very much, cause it basically means summer is over and best part of the year (winter) is coming. Plus, the landscape is always stunning. So, im kinda envy of the northern hemisphere folks who are about to start autumn.

Here, on the other hand, we are starting....spring . I wanna cry.

Temperature-wise, winter ended last day of July. August has been so far very very warm. If it had been super sunny (like it should) i would say we already have been starting spring (with highs between 15 and 22c, like we ve been having), but since its been RAINING ALL MONTH, then i will say this is clearly a transition month, one that cant be labeled as winter or spring, just a transition month. Its warm, but its raining and cloudy all the time, so it cant feel like spring.

Im thinking that by next week, aka the end of the month, we will be into spring already.Ugh
Unfortunately all good things must come to an end.

Even if it's still warm, just remember it's far better than what you'll be dealing with in January.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 AM

1,758 posts, read 1,223,490 times
In addition to yellowing trees, the sunlight and its angle have changed as well. The sun is 10 lower than on the summer solstice. It's a harsher, yellower light now, another sign of fall. I actually like that we have proper nights again, I enjoy darkness.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:12 AM

5,866 posts, read 7,055,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

Even if it's still warm, just remember it's far better than what you'll be dealing with in January.

lol, you are right.

And actually August (well, not this one clearly, cause its raining ALL THE TIME), september, and even october are usually great months. Sunny, lovely, warm but comfortable, not hot yet. So i still have at least 2 months of nice weather. I will complain when real pain begans -

"Bad thing" is that i might get to go to Italy (yayyy) to visit family. Never been to europe, but i have relatives living in the Sorrento zone and i might go there in the beggining of september for 3 weeks. So ill go to european summer and i will miss an EXCELLENT still cool month here in BA and go to Italian heat and sun, and when i come back it will already be october wich is a much hotter month and already has that hot vibe to it. So basically i have to say bye bye to cool weather until next June.

But on the other hand, who cares?? Im going to Italy!! (yayyy)

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,993,974 times
I'm jealous of all this Autumn talk.. I'll be shocked if I can turn off my A/C before Jan this year...

Old 08-15-2012, 05:00 AM

5,526 posts, read 5,423,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post

Humbug. "Not as bad" does not equal "good".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I'm jealous of all this Autumn talk.. I'll be shocked if I can turn off my A/C before Jan this year...
Well, in 2013 you'll be moving to New Hampshire, so at least you have a date to look forward too. Hopefully there will be a full-tilt classic New England winter to greet you, instead of that wimpish stuff they get half the time (more in southern New Hampshire than northern New Hampshire though).

Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 AM

7,032 posts, read 7,459,770 times
It feels like autumn here, a November like day, windy with drizzl and rain, 18 degrees so a little on the cool side.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:18 AM

56,445 posts, read 38,898,711 times
Pattern is changing folks for the U.S. September should be below normal for most.

People in the Mid West and NorthEast are going to feel the effect of fall now. In fact, Saturday and Sunday nights will feel just like it. Temps will dip into the 40s and 50s for much of the areas including all the way down to Tenneessee.

Here's GFS NorthEast temps for early morning Sunday. Now's the time to clean those wood stoves. In a few weeks we'll be needing it at night.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:52 AM

7,933 posts, read 5,337,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I agree, that's my favourite season scenery-wise. Love it when the local park looks like this, usually by late October-early November:
http://h2.mabellephoto.com/automne-p...7e0fa0T650.jpg

Though I don't want it to arrive ahead of schedule. There's still potential to get summery weather and cooler than normal weather still means boring 20C highs at best. According to the forecast, "summer" hasn't even reached its peak anyway, with a couple 35C days this weekend.

As for Sorrento, at least its weather seems quite predictable:
weather Sorrento 8 days: Rain risk - Wind - UV index - Sunshine hours

Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 AM

44,425 posts, read 34,648,774 times
This thread is depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather