Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:26 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times

Advertisements

YES. Wish it was warmer in the summer and colder in the winter and then it would be perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,927,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I wonder if someone reading this realizes you are more south than me but I said Winters arent cold here. LOL

It amazes me how each individual has their preference and opinion of weather thats the same. It's warmer in the winter where you are compared to me, yet Im saying winters arent cold and you're saying they are. LOL
I don't think I'm that much warmer than you. I don't really dislike cold weather when I'm on a ski trip to a really cold winter destination. I actually enjoy it then. I just hate trudging to work in crap, windy cold air blowing in my face. I also hate that when it does snow here, it ends up being in piles due to snow removal and ends up black with exhaust fumes. This city, in fact most cities, are just plain ugly in winter.

Most winter weather here is either bright and sunny with artic fronts and 30'sF days, or damp 40'sF air with clouds off of the Atlantic. In either case, I prefer our summer. So much more for me to do as I love the ocean and beach.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,730 times
I only hate my climate for the 5 months of summer that we get here, the rest of the time, I like it fine, except I wish it'd be much colder and snowier in winter. But since I'm a big fan of "Sophie weather", which we get a lot of in the winter and a bit into the shoulder seasons, I'm quite happy during the colder part of the year. But the "hate" is well justified for high summer - those dreaded months of June, July and August when the heat and humidity rolls on without end - major suckage all around...lol.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:08 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,478,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I don't think I'm that much warmer than you. I don't really dislike cold weather when I'm on a ski trip to a really cold winter destination. I actually enjoy it then. I just hate trudging to work in crap, windy cold air blowing in my face. I also hate that when it does snow here, it ends up being in piles due to snow removal and ends up black with exhaust fumes. This city, in fact most cities, are just plain ugly in winter.
Assuming Cambium's on the coast of CT the difference isn't big in intensity of cold. Bigger contrast is Philly starts to heat faster in late winter, while ocean influence gives coastal New England a bigger lag.

PHILADELPHIA WSO AP, PENNSYLVANIA 1981-2010 Monthly Climate Summary

BRIDGEPORT WSO ARPT, CONNECTICUT 1981-2010 Monthly Climate Summary

3°F difference.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:43 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,701,596 times
I strongly dislike the climate for 10 months of the year here as its to cold wet and dreary. The only months that are at least tolerable are July and August but they are still nowhere near my ideal.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:44 AM

83,515 posts, read 75,294,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Assuming Cambium's on the coast of CT the difference isn't big in intensity of cold. Bigger contrast is Philly starts to heat faster in late winter, while ocean influence gives coastal New England a bigger lag.

3°F difference.
Close. My climate is in between Danbury and BDR. So cooler than BDR but warmer than Danbury. Same for snow. I'll get more than BDR but less than Danbury. I'm 250' up and away from city heat life sorta. lol But yeah, not much difference overall between here and Mid Atlantic in general.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post

3°F difference.

Looks like we get a quicker and warmer Spring. I like that. I don't think I could ever go any further north than NYC, unless I was retired and didn't have to get up and out early in the morning.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,731,109 times
I don't hate it, but I surely don't love it either. It's a bland climate and you better enjoy the few days of interesting weather we get in the year. Winters are also particularly weak for the latitude and the (precipitation / cloudy days) ratio is very low.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
I REALLY hate it in the summer. Dec, Jan, Feb and parts of March and November are like a nightmare to me, i suffer it to no end and my body suffers it too.

However, the rest of the year, even when its way warmer than i like in every month, its not bad, its actually very comfortable.

So, overall, NO: I dont hate it. I just hate parts of it. But its not a crappy climate, i realize there are much worse climates everywhere around the world. And BA does have characteristics i really love, mostly the sun hours and sun distribution.

(im just being this optimistic and nice with BAs climate cause its september. When the psicological factor changes in february...ill probably be more mad with it. But overall its true this climate is not that bad).

Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
I only hate my climate for the 5 months of summer that we get here, the rest of the time, I like it fine, except I wish it'd be much colder and snowier in winter. But since I'm a big fan of "Sophie weather", which we get a lot of in the winter and a bit into the shoulder seasons, I'm quite happy during the colder part of the year. But the "hate" is well justified for high summer - those dreaded months of June, July and August when the heat and humidity rolls on without end - major suckage all around...lol.

Lucky you live in one of the coolest parts of GA. You are up at a 1,000 ft in elevation too. How would you like Brunswick, or Darien. Been in both places in winter and was very mild. Was there in July one year when I went to Cumberland Island. I went on a hike after the ferry left me off on Cumberland, and thought I was going to die. Dew points there are quite high with 85F ocean water right next door.
Never sweated so much in my life. Then I went out onto the beach with no breeze and thought I was in the Sahara. It is really hot and humid on the GA coast in summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather