Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,919,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Music to my ears.
I just hope we get close to normal rainfall. I don't like drought periods, especially in the growing season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
With talk of spring snow, I'm just thinking back to our last significant March snowfall - 23 March 2008. A white Easter.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:57 PM

1,387 posts, read 1,188,317 times
Brings back memories of March '05 and '06 where the city received a great mix of snow and sunshine.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:02 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Spring weather has yet to start and wont be starting until at least two weeks time.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:03 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatier View Post
Almond trees are starting to bloom already! Spring is definitely around the corner.

<- That's what they look like.
Beautiful.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Forgot about this thread. Since the March winter snowstorm has past, Looks like I'll be posting in here now, even though temps should stay cool until April.

Its that time of the year now... Birds churping, smell of warm soil, bugs flying around, and vegetable seeds being started

But a Huge Difference from last year so far..

1st 9 days of March last year vs this year. Hard to truely see the heat with this. Last yr 60s/70s were common in DC

Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM

559 posts, read 747,819 times
It's been a beautiful past two days. Today was 54 F with clouds and sun. Oh yeah and the sun's still up for another hour and 15 minutes thanks to Daylight Saving Time. Another great day tomorrow, 56 and mostly cloudy, then some rain on Tuesday and 53, and after that winter returns (at least temperature wise). Thursday is forecast to be only 35 degrees!

As for signs of spring, not many so far here since it's been pretty chilly this March thus far. Nowhere near as warm as last March was. However the buds on my Cherry Blossom tree are starting to turn green, and the bushes are getting buds now too. The birds have been chirping pretty much all day, and I even saw a couple of bugs, the one thing I don't like about spring. The sky is also starting to look like spring now if that makes sense. It just reminds me of spring in a way.

Well hopefully some longer lasting warm weather arrives soon enough. Tired of winter.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,212,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post
It's been a beautiful past two days. Today was 54 F with clouds and sun. Oh yeah and the sun's still up for another hour and 15 minutes thanks to Daylight Saving Time. Another great day tomorrow, 56 and mostly cloudy, then some rain on Tuesday and 53, and after that winter returns (at least temperature wise). Thursday is forecast to be only 35 degrees!

As for signs of spring, not many so far here since it's been pretty chilly this March thus far. Nowhere near as warm as last March was. However the buds on my Cherry Blossom tree are starting to turn green, and the bushes are getting buds now too. The birds have been chirping pretty much all day, and I even saw a couple of bugs, the one thing I don't like about spring. The sky is also starting to look like spring now if that makes sense. It just reminds me of spring in a way.

Well hopefully some longer lasting warm weather arrives soon enough. Tired of winter.
I'll have to respectfully disagree. Hopefully the cold weather this week will keep a lid on spring for a little longer.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post
The advent of Spring in your location is typically quite aggressive. By April the blooming season should be in full swing and by May things should be summer-like. At least by my standards anyway.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:35 PM

559 posts, read 747,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I'll have to respectfully disagree. Hopefully the cold weather this week will keep a lid on spring for a little longer.
I don't mind cold weather at all, actually I'd say I kind of enjoy it But only in winter. However, it's mid-March now and I don't like it anymore. In my opinion it's time for it to go. But I do understand that it can still get pretty chilly this time of year so I'm not surprised or anything. Obviously we're not talking anywhere NEAR last March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather