Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times

Advertisements

True, was 30 degrees this a.m., but will climb up to mid-40s by mid week, and since we are desert like and sunny, you never know. Things can change day to day here as well, as we are up on a plateau.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 AM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times
Just be sure to close the blinds in the afternoon Our house is 65 and we are resisting turning on the heat with 70's forecasted late week. And you never know since it's not local but weather underground is only calling for high 70's in the afternoons and lows around 40 for Amarillo later on this week.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:33 PM

3,542 posts, read 8,243,304 times
this winter will be a warm and dry one for most of Texas..

Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Our AC is on at times every month in the year. We may turn it off a few days between Dec and Jan, if we're lucky but there times it is on a least a few days every month. I have to get the humidity out of the house.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Our AC is on at times every month in the year. We may turn it off a few days between Dec and Jan, if we're lucky but there times it is on a least a few days every month. I have to get the humidity out of the house.
Yes, I do understand about the humidity. Sometimes we will have a day or 2 like that in Dallas when it really isn't cold enough for the a/c but you need to run it just to do something about the humidity...and Houston is a little more humid than Dallas. So I can well imagine that you would be running that a/c some.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:49 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,152,081 times
I guess I push the envelope a bit...I'm in a northern suburb of DFW and I haven't had the air on in a while..it was in the low to mid 80s a few times last week but the house stays about 10 degrees cooler with a good breeze. Lately it's been very pleasant so nothing needed night or day. We've also had nighttime lows in the 30s already due to less concrete/heat island effect out here but I still haven't had the heat on except for a space heater or an electric blanket. Even in mid winter, I can't handle a warm house so I keep the heat at 65 most of the time..sometimes lower at night..I'd rather have sweat pants and a sweatshirt on than the dry heat from the furnace.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:06 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
I guess I push the envelope a bit...I'm in a northern suburb of DFW and I haven't had the air on in a while..it was in the low to mid 80s a few times last week but the house stays about 10 degrees cooler with a good breeze. Lately it's been very pleasant so nothing needed night or day. We've also had nighttime lows in the 30s already due to less concrete/heat island effect out here but I still haven't had the heat on except for a space heater or an electric blanket. Even in mid winter, I can't handle a warm house so I keep the heat at 65 most of the time..sometimes lower at night..I'd rather have sweat pants and a sweatshirt on than the dry heat from the furnace.
Well, I'm kinda of a temperature wimp! I like it just perfect at all times! I don't believe in unnecessary suffering! I will say that I do enjoy the feeling of a slightly cool house sometimes in the fall and winter, but 65 would be a little low for me.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:36 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
I heat my house with gas logs from the living room, the way my house is buit I can do this pretty well. I set the temp to 68 and the logs come on when necessary. Our bedrooms are quite a bit cooler than the living room, but we like it that way. My kitchen and dining room stay toasty from the oven and my office has a space heater, gas, which I turn on to get the chill out of the room, but when it gets colder, will keep it on most of the day.

Our a/c comes on early in the year and as others have said, according to how the day time temps get, I could turn it on at least once in each month of the year. It would be pushing it in February, but some years are warmer than others and I hvae done so.

I have severe allergies, so I do not keep my windows open, too much I am allergic to!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Angel, are you allergic in other areas of the country, too? Funny thing is that I have no allergies, but we went on vacation one time and it was awful. I'm still not sure what type of plant or shrubbery bothered me, but as soon as we got back home, I was fine again.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:08 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,796,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, I'm kinda of a temperature wimp! I like it just perfect at all times! I don't believe in unnecessary suffering! I will say that I do enjoy the feeling of a slightly cool house sometimes in the fall and winter, but 65 would be a little low for me.
Funny!

I can be uncomfortably cool at 79 F on some of my bad times of day or moods in summer and just uncomfortably cool at 29 F or 39 F on my good days in winter... Lately I've been working outdoors and don't mind too much our weather lately; which is mid 30's to low 40's and overcast.

I can't be a temperature wimp without severe consequences, but if I had to pick a temp range of "perfect weather" it'd be 75-85 F if I didn't want to sweat, and 72-95 F if I just want to relax and was less picky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather