Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2013, 09:52 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
How often is North Brunswick's daytime high warmer than San Jose's in December? Once every 3-5 years is my guess.
Once per year. Those thaws sometimes send temperatures up into the 60's and this usually happens when colder air has settled out west.

Still, its not just Accuweather, TWC is also forecasting a similar scenario Wunderground and Intellicast show something entirely different though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,216,433 times
Default Forecast the Rest of December

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
According to Accuweather, Central NJ will not see a single low below freezing for the rest of December.

North Brunswick December Weather 2013 - AccuWeather Forecast for NJ 08902

Zero hope of snowfall for the in the New York City Area

What a pathetic joke winter has become : crying:

Actually, it seems just the other way around, it appears that Accuweather's weather outlooks the last few seasons have turned out to be a pathetic joke in one way or another. To take their forecasts so seriously for a whole monthly is like placing a bet when signs are already headed contrary to what Accuweather has forecasted for the fall, for example, They predicted EARLY Freezes for much of the Midwestern United states such as Indiana; I know for a fact that at least some locations in the Central U.S. DID NOT GET an EARLY SEASON FREEZE. In Fact in Indianapolis the first freeze was a few days LATER than the normal date of October 16, this year it came on October 22nd. I seriously doubt and I find the forecast for your area to be extremely DUBIOUS in Accuracy and should be counted as being very Unreliable for as well as subject to dramatic changes as the time preceding the period of days gets closer. Your location, while I cannot predict exactly what is in the cards, I know for a fact that your area will see at least some days in the 20's if not in the 10's before the end of December. I might even venture to guess that your area might even see lows in the single digits before the winter is through, but I feel time will tell on this guesstimate, I have made a prediction that at least where I live that this winter will be colder than 2011-2012 or last winter, it very well might also be colder and snowier than many so called 'expert' weather forecasters are predicting for your area.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:58 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,585,134 times
Very impressive cold for Vancouver:

Vancouver, BC - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

Old 12-04-2013, 05:03 AM

29,529 posts, read 19,620,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
Actually, it seems just the other way around, it appears that Accuweather's weather outlooks the last few seasons have turned out to be a pathetic joke in one way or another.
They have been horrible in predicting long range as of late. Compare their forecast with they pattern potential that our local met office is picking up for the winter in the graphic below.

This was Bastardi's December forecast issued on Nov 12th (left), Nov 26th (middle), and on the right is the latest CFSV2 for the rest of month

Can we get that storm track to move up a couple of hundred miles toward Chicago please!!

Hard freeze in SoCal next Monday

Last edited by chicagogeorge; 12-04-2013 at 05:31 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
According to Accuweather, Central NJ will not see a single low below freezing for the rest of December.

North Brunswick December Weather 2013 - AccuWeather Forecast for NJ 08902

Zero hope of snowfall for the in the New York City Area

What a pathetic joke winter has become : crying:
Most people forget that in terms of climatology places south of 40 latitude in the USA see only infrequent snow on average.

I have lived in the Tri-State area (NY/NJ/CT) as well, and when you really think about it, how often is the snow before late December in places like New Brunswick, Trenton, NYC, New Haven...etc? I think we need to remember that the real snow season starts in late, not early December.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Most people forget that in terms of climatology places south of 40 latitude in the USA see only infrequent snow on average.
The funny thing is though, Texas and Arkansas much further down south get heavy snowfall and we get nothing. That's what annoys me a lot. 6-8" of snow is not a big deal here and all the roads are clear within a few hours, while down there they are unprepared and stuck. It has been 3 years since I saw a good solid snow pack in Winter, and this seems to provide the wrong impression that Jersey will never again have a winter and is bound to a 3 season climate. Spring, Summer, and Fall.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:14 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:

I have lived in the Tri-State area (NY/NJ/CT) as well, and when you really think about it, how often is the snow before late December in places like New Brunswick, Trenton, NYC, New Haven...etc? I think we need to remember that the real snow season starts in late, not early December.
Even up here, snow more than an inch or two usually doesn't happen until after mid December.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:38 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,363,775 times
Quote:
The funny thing is though, Texas and Arkansas much further down south get heavy snowfall and we get nothing. That's what annoys me a lot. 6-8" of snow is not a big deal here and all the roads are clear within a few hours, while down there they are unprepared and stuck. It has been 3 years since I saw a good solid snow pack in Winter, and this seems to provide the wrong impression that Jersey will never again have a winter and is bound to a 3 season climate. Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Give it time.

My guess is NOAA is getting better and better at their predictions. They said a slow start to winter on the East Coast (the south Atlantic ridge is still strong)...and a hard finish in Feb with much more snow.

This pattern seems to happen rather often on the East Coast, the storm track stays west of the coast. It takes awhile for the pattern to **** all the way east in some years.

Give it time.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:57 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,689,589 times
The outlook here in the UK for at least the first half of December could not possibly be worse, at all, if you are a coldie.

But nevertheless it is interesting how, on netweather.tv, they keep deludedly trying to spin it, and convince themselves otherwise. Better to just sit back and accept the weather you get.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Give it time.

My guess is NOAA is getting better and better at their predictions. They said a slow start to winter on the East Coast (the south Atlantic ridge is still strong)...and a hard finish in Feb with much more snow.

This pattern seems to happen rather often on the East Coast, the storm track stays west of the coast. It takes awhile for the pattern to **** all the way east in some years.

Give it time.
Moderate snowfall is being predicted on the 13th though with temps in the 20's-mid 30's F. Around 4.5" predicted for my area. That's 65 % of our average December snowfall in 1 storm.

Our usual is 7" for December, 12" for January, 8" for February, and 5" for March and November put together. Total of 32".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather