U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 PM

658 posts, read 1,242,268 times

Advertisements

Wrong. I love summer in mild climates, for the weather, not entirely for the activities it brings.
It's so absurd to say people are hypocrites for loving summer, for whatever reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 PM

658 posts, read 1,242,268 times
As for "hot, sticky and dirty air", of course I hate it, that's why I moved to a better climate. I still love summer.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:13 PM

14 posts, read 14,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
They don't, it's not humane. Thats why they run to the pool, water, or A/C. OR just stand still and not move a muscle. I keep telling those who say they like summer to change their wording. They like Spring! because with summer comes that hot sticky weather and not even the WWF like that.

So you're 100% correct saying they like Summer "activities" instead.
You are wrong on so many levels....

Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 PM

159 posts, read 278,022 times
I wouldn't say they are hypocrites, just strange to me lol. Like how can you like something but don't like certain things that associate with it? You either love something as a whole and not just parts of it. Personally, I hate summer, I was born in Thailand, it's hot, sticky and humid from what I remembered, and then my family moved to the Southern part of the US where it has hot and humid summers. My ideal location is somewhere like Maine or Washington or Northern California with mountains!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 AM

588 posts, read 771,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I run outside everyday at high noon in Texas in the full sun.
Wow!! So you're one of the people I see here in TX jogging, looking all happy and barely sweating, as I drive my car wondering, How in the world...??????
Ha!! I actually admire that, so please don't take my post the wrong way.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:13 AM

Perhaps I'd like summer if I lived in CA...

Old 08-13-2013, 09:20 AM

9,289 posts, read 8,407,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia25 View Post
Wow!! So you're one of the people I see here in TX jogging, looking all happy and barely sweating, as I drive my car wondering, How in the world...??????
Ha!! I actually admire that, so please don't take my post the wrong way.
Well, I do sweat, I'll grant you this.

Oddly, I need this for my biological clock to reset itself everyday. I have SAD and only the sunlight at the peak of the day can help me. This is mainly for me to get a winter sun dose, but since my break falls during my lunch break I have this as part of my routine. On really hot days I'll jump in the community pool after the jog, but my body is used to this routine so many days it's not needed.

I run all year at high noon unless it's pouring hard (light rain is okay), it's icy (it's hilly here and since they don't salt here those hills get very slippery in the ice), or if the dewpoint is below 20 (I have cold dry weather induced asthma so those days I have to do the treadmill) or if I'm sick.

I guess you could call me a running fool!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 AM

That's awesome!! You sound very healthy.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:54 AM

What is SAD? If you don't mind me asking...

Old 08-13-2013, 09:55 AM

Does it have to do with being depressed/sad during the winter months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or