U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:25 AM

1,506 posts, read 3,169,802 times

Advertisements

The summer lovers don't like summer for its actual conditions, but for the activities summer brings, such as outdoor activities, beach etc and the increase in daylight.

How can anyone seriously like hot, sticky and dirty air? Compared with fresh, cool and clean air?

Summer is horrible.

It's not even summer here in Sydney, Australia but the increasing warm temps and daylight is already makin me cringe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 08:28 AM
B87

10,824 posts, read 6,909,688 times
Because you can be comfortable without having to wear multiple layers. Warm, humid air with a slight breeze is MUCH better than a damp, chilly 15C, in the middle of summer.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:42 AM

64,991 posts, read 47,321,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
The summer lovers don't like summer for its actual conditions,.

How can anyone seriously like hot, sticky and dirty air?.
They don't, it's not humane. Thats why they run to the pool, water, or A/C. OR just stand still and not move a muscle. I keep telling those who say they like summer to change their wording. They like Spring! because with summer comes that hot sticky weather and not even the WWF like that.

So you're 100% correct saying they like Summer "activities" instead.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:52 AM

753 posts, read 582,008 times
Some people really do enjoy the hot temperatures and humidity, not just the outdoor activities it brings. Personally I definitely wouldn't want extreme heat all the time, but the occasional hot, humid day here and there in the summer is fine with me.

Don't forget that in Australia you have nice warm, comfortable winters. In many places this is not the case. Here in Canada we have long winters that are quite cold in most parts of the country. Even spring and fall are usually on the cool side. So when the few months of warm to hot weather comes around each year we like to enjoy it as much as we can.

Also, not all summers are uncomfortable. Here in Vancouver we're generally in the low to mid 20s during the day (a few degrees hotter as you go further inland) and mid teens at night, all with moderate humidity (dew points usually in the 10 to 15 degree range). It's very pleasant weather.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 AM

688 posts, read 650,859 times
Quote:
The summer lovers don't like summer for its actual conditions, but for the activities summer brings, such as outdoor activities, beach etc and the increase in daylight.

How can anyone seriously like hot, sticky and dirty air? Compared with fresh, cool and clean air?

Summer is horrible.

It's not even summer here in Sydney, Australia but the increasing warm temps and daylight is already makin me cringe.
Better start crying, because every day in your forecast is above 20C with sunshine, peaking at 25C as per ****ing usual

**** you Sydney

Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 AM

22,198 posts, read 22,382,957 times
I'll never understand the appeal of heat and humidity, but I don't care if people like that. It has no bearing on my life.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:25 AM

11,294 posts, read 16,397,415 times
Quote:

Summer is horrible.

I like summer for both reasons though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
They don't, it's not humane. Thats why they run to the pool, water, or A/C. OR just stand still and not move a muscle. I keep telling those who say they like summer to change their wording. They like Spring! because with summer comes that hot sticky weather and not even the WWF like that.

So you're 100% correct saying they like Summer "activities" instead.
This is very untrue. I actually enjoy the heat and humidity, it feels nice. I also enjoy summer activities. Those are just a few reasons why summer is my favorite season.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 AM

1,758 posts, read 1,397,776 times
Heatwaves are usually short here so everybody takes full advantage while they can. I prefer the average cool to mild summer days but this year they were few and far between with what's now nearly four months of much warmer than normal weather. Luckily autumn is around the corner.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 AM

3,738 posts, read 6,216,709 times
I like summer and heat as long as it's dry. In all fairness though shouldn't liking summer activity mean you like summer? Some things you just can't do outside of summer, or else they are much better done in summer than any other part of the year.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:13 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,114,334 times
Quote:
Warm nights, tstorms, etc

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or