U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 06:17 AM

4,970 posts, read 4,213,485 times

Advertisements

Yeah but do you really like cold? I like heat to the point that I drove around in my car fully clothed, hat on, in the sun with an air temp of 50C ( literally).

Would you go outside on the coldest day in 50 years (say -18) with nothing on just for the sheer love of the experience? Honesty now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 06:22 AM

22,198 posts, read 22,401,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
Yeah but do you really like cold? I like heat to the point that I drove around in my car fully clothed, hat on, in the sun with an air temp of 50C ( literally).

Would you go outside on the coldest day in 50 years (say -18) with nothing on just for the sheer love of the experience? Honesty now?
Good for you. How many people would be willing to do that? Not many I suspect. Clearly you're in a class of your own, because I'm not going to make myself feel uncomfortable just to prove a point. I like cold weather - I like the way it feels on my face, I like to breath it in, and of course, I love snow, which is really the main thing - I value snow above cold by far, but am I willing to go outside in -18C with no clothes on? Of course not. That's what an idiot would do. I've already experienced temperatures in the low minus teens and they're fine to me. I don't need to wear a massive coat or a thermal space suit, and I know that I'd much rather have -18C than 30C, without a doubt.

If I didn't really like cold, then I would complain about it all the time like you, I would get layered up with 3 shirts, 6 jumpers and 10 overcoats, with 3 wooly hats and 3 pairs of gloves, to go outside in cold weather, like B87 would do, but I don't need to do that - yes, I wouldn't go outside nude, or in A t-shirt and shorts (for more than a few minutes), but that doesn't mean I don't really like cold. And besides, I don't want -18C, except for a few nights. -8C by day and -1C by night is perfect.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:23 AM

24,268 posts, read 17,537,399 times
Quote:
It doesn't really matter if you write a big essay about all this because like anything else it could simply be turned around for the warm preferers. It just sounds like you're trying to prove or justify something, and nobody actually really cares. For some reason warm lovers will continue to be warm lovers and cold lovers can go on their merry way liking the cold and nobody gives two turds really!

This bit made my eyes open wide

I understand that different people have different preferences, and I respect that, but some hot lovers here have the attitude that winter lovers are some kind of freaks and introverted coach potatoes without any kind of social life. And that I can't tolerate

because this is EXACTLY how I feel when on many weather forums (especially UK ones) especially in winter, when expressing my desire in any way at all towards milder weather. Yes, made to feel exactly like some freak, because everybody SHOULD like cold, snow, ice, blizzards, and it got to the point where I simply do not even use those forums any more, because every time, if you go anything against their "search for cold, snowmaggedon" and all that baloney, you get troll -baited relentlessly. How about that? It works both ways kid.
Matter or not, I've already got a lot of good feedback from the post. And as this is a discussion forum, I think discussion should be encouraged.
And of course I'm trying to prove something - the reasons I like winter along with all the other seasons. I'm not trying to convince everyone to love winter, but saying that it isn't that bad is also true as well. Like the old boring traffic thing. Heathrow closes after 5 cm snow fell -> therefore winter sucks. I say: Helsinki Airport functioned every day with 70 cm on the ground -> everything don't necessarily shut down.

And yes, I've noticed it here as well. Some people can't accept some other's climatic preferences, but I don't like it either whe someone just ridicules the others and think their preferences are idiotic.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:25 AM

16,206 posts, read 7,652,261 times
Quote:
He's talking about people like himself though, who don't like winter. As for your last sentence, if you just read back through the thread, it is always the "coldies" who start much of this nonsense, such as alex9354636, when he starts trying to insinuate that warm likers are selfish etc.... put their preferences ahead of everything else... and I won't tolerate that. Exactly the same kind of crap from coldie retards on netweather is the reason I don't even go on there. I can't enjoy the forum with all the bating and rudeness that went on towards people simply with a minority preference (warmth).

But yeah I'd seriously rather be in a hot climate where I couldn't get my room temperature below 32C than a cold one where it hardly gets above 16C with the heating on, like I do now. 32C is way more comfy than 15 degrees. Last night it was so cold in here I actually had a dream that my room was full of radiators on maximum heat.
Whoa, I did not say warm lovers are selfish. I'm saying parents with young kids that move from New England to Arizona (which has worse schools, and a much higher crime rate) knowing fully the extent of how much lower the standard of living is there, just because it's "warm and sunny" IS selfish IMO, not only because they're putting their kids in a place with a lower standard of living, it's just a drain for an already fickle water system in the American Southwest, places like Phoenix or Yuma will run out of water if people keep doing things like that.

And it IS different with cold lovers, warm lovers such as snowbird5000 (or whatever tf his name is) and tom77falcons simply cannot fathom how another human being may enjoy cold weather or "feeling" cold. And if you mention that you do, they start rationalizing (oh this person must love winter sports, it's only because you're from Florida, blah blah blah...) while us cold lovers can certainly enjoy a warm, sunny (low humidity ) day and I only really question people's preferences when they've put mine at question first, because I fully know that everyone has different preferences. And I've noticed that it's usually us cold lovers that have to defend our point of view because some warm weather lover makes a dumb statement about not being able to understand. It gets quite annoying after a while.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

And it IS different with cold lovers, warm lovers such as snowbird5000
I put that troll on ignore a long time ago, but thankfully, he no longer posts on here. I cannot tolerate people like that - who refuse to accept the preferences of others, quoting pointless figures regarding how many old people go to Florida and Arizona in the winter, as if I'm supposed to care.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Whoa, I did not say warm lovers are selfish. I'm saying parents with young kids that move from New England to Arizona (which has worse schools, and a much higher crime rate) knowing fully the extent of how much lower the standard of living is there, just because it's "warm and sunny" IS selfish IMO, not only because they're putting their kids in a place with a lower standard of living, it's just a drain for an already fickle water system in the American Southwest, places like Phoenix or Yuma will run out of water if people keep doing things like that.

I'm pretty sure you do not even know what you are talking about, with regards to the whys and the wherefores of why people move where and for what reason, so I'd be quiet if I were you.

Quote:
And it IS different with cold lovers, warm lovers such as snowbird5000 (or whatever tf his name is) and tom77falcons simply cannot fathom how another human being may enjoy cold weather or "feeling" cold. And if you mention that you do, they start rationalizing (oh this person must love winter sports, it's only because you're from Florida, blah blah blah...) while us cold lovers can certainly enjoy a warm, sunny (low humidity ) day and I only really question people's preferences when they've put mine at question first, because I fully know that everyone has different preferences. And I've noticed that it's usually us cold lovers that have to defend our point of view because some warm weather lover makes a dumb statement about not being able to understand. It gets quite annoying after a while.
Well I find it's actually us warm lovers that have to defend our point of view because some cold weather lover (Badger Films is a good example) makes a dumb statement about not being able to understand (or even worse, insulting us by using terms like "baby" already seen in this thread). And it gets quite annoying after a while.

In fact the reason I came on here was actually to set straight some things after crap some coldie moron made earlier in the thread. Oh and before you start whining at me about using the word "moron", you have numerous times tried to insinuate warm lovers are dumb, latest time with your comment "warm lover makes a dumb statement about not being able to understand". What is dumb about that? I can't understand it. It doesn't make me dumb thankyou very much, so pack it in.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:33 AM

I think, if someone such as Ariete, who lives in a climate with long, cold winters, can still like cold winters and snow, then I think anyone can.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 AM

16,206 posts, read 7,652,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I put that troll on ignore a long time ago, but thankfully, he no longer posts on here. I cannot tolerate people like that - who refuse to accept the preferences of others, quoting pointless figures regarding how many old people go to Florida and Arizona in the winter, as if I'm supposed to care.
I can't stand people like that either , and whenever I do make a comment about other people's preferences, it's always tongue-in-cheek and usually a response to an idiotic comment.

You know, I really try hard to not come across as combative but it's kind of hard with some of the people on here.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I think, if someone such as Ariete, who lives in a climate with long, cold winters, can still like cold winters and snow, then I think anyone can.

So:

I think, if someone such as miamihurricane555, who lives in a climate with long, hot summers, can still like hot summers and humidity, then I think anyone can.

That's essentially the same as what you said. But I don't think you were being serious, just troll-baiting like the rest of your netweather.tv brethren.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:38 AM

Yeah, it is, but I'm not saying that isn't true. Anyone can like any type of weather; someone From Florida can like cold winters, someone from Iceland can like hot summers. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or