U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,652,261 times
Reputation: 3530

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
^ I just noticed...your dream climate is nearly ALWAYS windy (excepting last week)
It's windy this week because there's a strong southerly flow on the backside of a high pressure system out in front of a low pressure system with a warm front that will impact the area. Will be in the mid-70s and humid most of this week. Basically, a strong pressure gradient is causing the windy weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:19 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
5,204 posts, read 2,321,337 times
Reputation: 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
It's windy this week because there's a strong southerly flow on the backside of a high pressure system out in front of a low pressure system with a warm front that will impact the area. Will be in the mid-70s and humid most of this week.
Yes, but I've noticed it's quite windy most of the time. Whether it be from a warm or cold system. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
5,204 posts, read 2,321,337 times
Reputation: 1063
69F Mostly Clear

Wind W 3-5 MPH

DP 51

High was 78F

Low forecast to be 61F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:21 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
15,044 posts, read 13,112,044 times
Reputation: 6420
8:20PM

Mostly Cloudy
48 F/9 C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:23 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
15,044 posts, read 13,112,044 times
Reputation: 6420
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
It's windy this week because there's a strong southerly flow on the backside of a high pressure system out in front of a low pressure system with a warm front that will impact the area. Will be in the mid-70s and humid most of this week.
I like windy weather, though I realize it's been quite windless much of the summer in my dream climate. Makes sense some summer is more stable than the rest of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:25 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,652,261 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Yes, but I've noticed it's quite windy most of the time. Whether it be from a warm or cold system. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing!
The weather is very dynamic in my climate. Lots of fronts and systems that move through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,652,261 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
I like windy weather, though I realize it's been quite windless much of the summer in my dream climate. Makes sense some summer is more stable than the rest of the year.
That's true. Last week in my dream climate was windless for the most part. One of the more consistent weeks in my dream climate, hasn't had a consistent week like that since early July (but in early July it was a heat wave that influencing the region). I try to make summer weather not so stable either though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Illinois
963 posts, read 412,840 times
Reputation: 266
So far there's 11" of snow.

Power outages were reported in some locations as early as 7:05PM. Wind gusts are 80 mph in some outlying suburbs and rural areas.

School is set to open tomorrow, probably; a final decision will be made by early morning. The blizzard thunderstorm is predicted to run through 11:45AM tomorrow. There may very well be at least 15" of snow in some nearby rural areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
5,204 posts, read 2,321,337 times
Reputation: 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
So far there's 11" of snow.

Power outages were reported in some locations as early as 7:05PM. Wind gusts are 80 mph in some outlying suburbs and rural areas.

School is set to open tomorrow, probably; a final decision will be made by early morning. The blizzard thunderstorm is predicted to run through 11:45AM tomorrow. There may very well be at least 15" of snow in some nearby rural areas.
Lol, mind making a wiki chart for your dream climate? I'd love to see it

Here's mine!
Attached Thumbnails
What is the temperature in your fictional dream climate?-screen-shot-2015-09-08-8.33.49  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-08-2015, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Illinois
963 posts, read 412,840 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1013 View Post
Lol, mind making a wiki chart for your dream climate? I'd love to see it
I probably will, but I don't have access to a decent computer very often right now, I'm waiting for it to get fixed.

Just wanted to say, these temps are about 25F *below* average for my dream climate in September.

Average high/low for September is 46/18. Average first measurable snow of more than 1 inch occurs September 9th. Earliest recorded snow was on August 23.

The forecast for next week will have much warmer weather, in the 60s and 70s F.

September record high is 85F; record low is -7F.

Last edited by It is 57 below zero; 09-08-2015 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top