U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-17-2015, 06:41 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
6,783 posts, read 3,094,188 times
Reputation: 2219

Advertisements

11:40am

-2.7°C, snow showers, 96% humidity.

3.4cm of snow has fallen so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2015, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,643,964 times
Reputation: 3530
8:45 PM



Temp: 40 F (4 C)


Conditions: Mostly Clear


Wind: N at 18 mph

Dew Point: 21 F (-6 C)

Wind Chill: 30 F (-1 C)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 08:20 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
15,044 posts, read 13,102,898 times
Reputation: 6419
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Wow, I'm surprised that the coldest max was on the 1st.
Such cool days during the summer are associated with clouds and rain. The coolest sunny days might be low 60s F.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,643,964 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Such cool days during the summer are associated with clouds and rain. The coolest sunny days might be low 60s F.
Ah, makes sense. In my climate, we have an amplified jet stream even during mid-Summer, so we get strong cold fronts that can bring cold, dry weather at times. We can have sunny 50 F days in summer.


10:15 PM


Temp: 35 F (2 C)


Conditions: Clear


Dew Point: 20 F (-7 C)


Wind: N at 10 mph


Wind Chill: 27 F (-3 C)


Cold, breezy night. Wind should die down after midnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 08:34 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
15,044 posts, read 13,102,898 times
Reputation: 6419
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Ah, makes sense. In my climate, we have an amplified jet stream even during mid-Summer, so we get strong cold fronts that can bring cold, dry weather at times. We can have sunny 50 F days in summer.


10:15 PM


Temp: 35 F (2 C)


Conditions: Clear


Dew Point: 20 F (-7 C)


Wind: N at 10 mph


Wind Chill: 27 F (-3 C)


Cold, breezy night. Wind should die down after midnight.
The summer sun prevents it from being too cool during the summer in my climate. It usually isn't more than 5 or 10 degrees below the average max on a clear day. Clouds, wind, and rain are what brings chilly summer weather.

Your current conditions remind me of the first freeze we had in October 2012. For some reason this night sticks out fondly in my memory: http://www.city-data.com/forum/26489403-post955.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Penticton, BC
719 posts, read 440,501 times
Reputation: 180
7:51 PM
34°C
A few clouds. Slight haze.
Wind: SW 28 km/h g. 44
RH: 27%

Sunset: 9:10 PM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,643,964 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
The summer sun prevents it from being too cool during the summer in my climate. It usually isn't more than 5 or 10 degrees below the average max on a clear day. Clouds, wind, and rain are what brings chilly summer weather.

Your current conditions remind me of the first freeze we had in October 2012. For some reason this night sticks out fondly in my memory: http://www.city-data.com/forum/26489403-post955.html
Wow, a 25 F low before October 15? That's impressive.


That night sounds amazing right now. It's muggy as all hell here right now, 83 F with a 77 F DP


50 F colder in my dream climate right now. 33 F at 11 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 09:08 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
15,044 posts, read 13,102,898 times
Reputation: 6419
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Wow, a 25 F low before October 15? That's impressive.


That night sounds amazing right now. It's muggy as all hell here right now, 83 F with a 77 F DP


50 F colder in my dream climate right now. 33 F at 11 PM.
That night ended up falling to 26 F. It was only a few degrees above the record min IIRC. A few weeks later we got a mini-blizzard (early November).

Same here. It's 72 F/22 C with a dewpoint of 68 F/20 C. Tropical by our standards. I guess this would be a cool night in Florida? lol jk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,643,964 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
That night ended up falling to 26 F. It was only a few degrees above the record min IIRC. A few weeks later we got a mini-blizzard (early November).

Same here. It's 72 F/22 C with a dewpoint of 68 F/20 C. Tropical by our standards. I guess this would be a cool night in Florida? lol jk
Lol, sad part is is that 72 F here this time of year at this time of night would probably be close to a record.



12 AM


Temp: 29 F (-2 C)


Conditions: Clear


Dew Point: 20 F (-7 C)


Wind: N at 8 mph


Wind Chill: 21 F (-6 C)


Very cold night. Some outlying areas are already in the teens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2015, 03:21 AM
 
Location: Depok, West Java (Jakarta area) / Bandung / Pekanbaru, Indonesia
4,544 posts, read 2,406,939 times
Reputation: 1273
Post-drizzle clouds, temp 13.8°C, dewpoint 12.1°C, 06:21 pm

nearest SST reach 28.4°C though (my fict town is highland)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top