U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-26-2015, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Socorro, NM
5,979 posts, read 3,095,751 times
Reputation: 1987

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
More cold lovers....
Really they're just a nuisance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-26-2015, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,701,891 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Really they're just a nuisance.
You're a nuisance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Illinois
963 posts, read 414,806 times
Reputation: 266
Additionally, a final decision will be made by 4:30AM tomorrow whether or not schools will be open tomorrow, or if there will be a "snow day". The first day of school for the 2015-2016 school year was Tuesday, August 25, 2015 actually. Even some schools and business may be out of power tomorrow, even if they don't close.

Expect highways and interstates to have slower traffic due to the influx of snow. This is just the beginning, it's advised that you do important errands such as grocery shopping right now before it gets worse. The (snow) storm started at around 7:45pm.

Last edited by It is 57 below zero; 08-26-2015 at 10:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:01 PM
 
Location: Socorro, NM
5,979 posts, read 3,095,751 times
Reputation: 1987
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You're a nuisance.
No, YOU!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,701,891 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
Additionally, a final decision will be made by 4:30AM tomorrow whether or not schools will be open tomorrow, or if there will be a "snow day". The first day of school for the 2015-2016 school year was Tuesday, August 25, 2015 actually. Even some schools and business may be out of power tomorrow, even if they don't close.

Expect highways and interstates to have slower traffic due to the influx of snow. This is just the beginning, it's advised that you do important errands such as grocery shopping right now before it gets worse. The storm started at around 7:45pm.

My dream climate is going to have rainy end to August, next few days will have highs in the low 60s with on and off light rain all day with nights in the upper 40s. A deep low pressure system will affect Winter Haven this weekend with heavy rains and strong winds. Highs will be cool in the mid 50s with heavy rains Saturday and Sunday (3-4" is expected, up to 6-7" in spots) with strong winds with gusts up to 90 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
No, YOU!!
Lol, taking it back to elementary school I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Illinois
963 posts, read 414,806 times
Reputation: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
Really they're just a nuisance.
How is someone a nuisance just because they like cold weather? There are people who like cold weather just as there are people who like hot weather. Each side has its own pros and cons though.

I'd like to live in Alaska, and I like it so much that I wish someone built big cities there to make it even more entertaining. I'd like to be able to wear a coat in June, and see snow in September. I have had an interest in Alaska since I was a pre-teen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,701,891 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
How is someone a nuisance just because they like cold weather? There are people who like cold weather just as there are people who like hot weather. Each side has its own pros and cons though.

I'd like to live in Alaska, and I like it so much that I wish someone built big cities there to make it even more entertaining. I'd like to be able to wear a coat in June, and see snow in September. I have had an interest in Alaska since I was a pre-teen.
Relax, kid. He was just being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Socorro, NM
5,979 posts, read 3,095,751 times
Reputation: 1987
Weather preferences based on novelty are not legitimate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 10:55 PM
 
Location: NYC
3,663 posts, read 1,443,996 times
Reputation: 1523
12am

Temp: 21F / -6C
DP: 15F / -9C
RH: 76%
Wind: 13 mph N
Sky: Mostly cloudy
Snowpack: 1.1 in / 2.7 cm

High yesterday was 48F / 9C.
Expected low is 17F / -8C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2015, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Broward County, FL
16,206 posts, read 7,701,891 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalop View Post
12am

Temp: 21F / -6C
DP: 15F / -9C
RH: 76%
Wind: 13 mph N
Sky: Mostly cloudy
Snowpack: 1.1 in / 2.7 cm

High yesterday was 48F / 9C.
Expected low is 17F / -8C.
What's the daylight length in your climate on the solstices/equinoxes? Your climate gets cold fast after sunset it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top