U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 PM

753 posts, read 583,109 times

Advertisements

So far it's still feeling like summer out here, with temperatures in the low 20s and a good amount of sunshine, but fall colors are have been starting to pop up over the last few weeks here, although they're still fairly dull and subdued at the moment (peak is usually in late October), and it's only on some trees, most are still green.

Today was a very hazy day and one of the last warm and sunny days we'll probably have before fall begins, so I went out and snapped some pictures.

And a little bit of fall color so far:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 12:07 AM

15,913 posts, read 12,477,097 times
^^^Great photos. Looks like a very pleasant day.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:36 AM

3,717 posts, read 4,199,294 times
Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.... crap climate but great city

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 AM

8,079 posts, read 6,242,253 times
Nice pics. Looks hazy. The horizontal boundary between developed and unbuilt areas on the mountains on the first pic is kinda strange. I guess that the mountains are protected above a certain altitude?

Some pics from the highlands of southern Massif Central in south-central France (my parent's, not mine). Looks like it's still green there as well.

Scenic highway driving southwards from around Clermont-Ferrand (?)
Spoiler

One of the highest passes

These forests were maybe home to the Beast of Gévaudan in the 18th century. Notice the altitude on the sign (about 3,500').

Clearer skies. Approaching the Med is almost always a good move in the warm season.

Karstic plateau after the viaduct, hence the dryness

Off the highway
Spoiler

Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,751 posts, read 39,697,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Nice pics. Looks hazy. The horizontal boundary between developed and unbuilt areas on the mountains on the first pic is kinda strange. I guess that the mountains are protected above a certain altitude?
must be. Here's a few photos right near the boundary:

Spoiler

Looking towards the mountains

In a residential neighborhood in the hills:

Looks almost completely undeveloped from this angle (from a park in Vancouver):

boundary looks less stark here:

Old 09-15-2013, 11:01 AM

20,695 posts, read 18,611,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningrise View Post
So far it's still feeling like summer out here, with temperatures in the low 20s and a good amount of sunshine, but fall colors are have been starting to pop up over the last few weeks here, although they're still fairly dull and subdued at the moment (peak is usually in late October), and it's only on some trees, most are still green.

Today was a very hazy day and one of the last warm and sunny days we'll probably have before fall begins, so I went out and snapped some pictures.

And a little bit of fall color so far:

Doesn't look like america. Think i'd hate Vancouver.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 AM

22,198 posts, read 22,419,879 times
Feels and looks like autumn! Think I'll need an umbrella or a waterproof coat today, since the forecast is for heavy showers.

The field is also very green, after being yellowy and lifeless in July. The downside - the grass in my garden is now growing like crazy. Some leaves are yellow too.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:31 AM

3,057 posts, read 5,243,027 times
It will only be a few more days before I have something worth photographing (I am not going to post pictures of stressed trees and claim that "fall colors" have started). But the change is getting VERY close here. Soybean fields are turning yellow and the woodlots are starting to get that yellowish look.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:10 AM

3,717 posts, read 4,199,294 times
yeah same... one week or so and it will change a lot

Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,115,478 times
Nice autumn day

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather