U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2013, 06:30 PM

819 posts, read 1,284,200 times

Advertisements

Same here, I live in Honolulu and can't stand watching the weather forecasts. It's the SAME EVERYDAY, except for occasional periods of rain. All the forecasters will say "it'll be gorgeous for the rest of the week", which means 88-75 and sunny, every day. Well it's kind of like eating the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No matter what you eat, you'll get tired of it eventually. Every little change in the weather is talked about. A 4 degree change in tomorrow's weather, a little more rain tomorrow, a little less wind, the weather forecasters make such a big deal about it. The high temperatures don't differ more than 10 degrees F over the course of the year. There is no winter or fall or spring, only endless summer. While some people may think that's heaven, I hate it. I sweat every time I go outside, never have to wear a jacket, I'd give anything for some variety in the weather. I love weather in the Pacific Northwest, cool, rainy winters, pleasant, not-so-hot summers. Looks like I'm the opposite of most people. Anyways, it just irritates me, every time I see the weather come on, I just switch the channel.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 06:33 PM

16,206 posts, read 7,636,429 times
^^ You sound like you have good meteorologists there , here in FL (noticed this here in Tallahassee, Fort Myers, and Miami) the meteorologists all sound like 15 year old girls that want to go to the beach. It's gonna rain? Let me ignore the fact that we've been in a drought and that it's good for the plants and environment....rain=bad

(Post meant for dunno what to put here, WannabeCPA that sounds very similar to the meteorologists in Miami )

Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM

819 posts, read 1,284,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
^^ You sound like you have good meteorologists there , here in FL (noticed this here in Tallahassee, Fort Myers, and Miami) the meteorologists all sound like 15 year old girls that want to go to the beach. It's gonna rain? Let me ignore the fact that we've been in a drought and that it's good for the plants and environment....rain=bad

(Post meant for dunno what to put here, WannabeCPA that sounds very similar to the meteorologists in Miami )
Sorry forgot to mention, the weather people (I don't like the term meteorologists) also sound like 15 year old girls that think everyone wants to go to the beach everyday and lie in the sun endlessly. Even the males weathers people sound like that. Totally irritating. I mean how many "beautiful sunny days" can you stand in a row? Again I have nothing against warm sunny weather, I just don't like it all the time. At least in Florida the weather varies a bit more than in Honolulu, although I wouldn't want to be there in summer.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,101,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
If the weather here is warm and sunny, weather presenters will say 'the weather will be great', but when it starts getting warm at night, they will start saying 'uncomfortable for sleeping', and when it gets beyond 30C, they will say 'too hot for some'. I think they are unbiased in their views mostly, although you can kind of tell which weather they prefer. Some presenters get really enthusiastic with big smiles on their faces if their is a cold spell coming, especially this guy.
Lol I love it when your weather forecasters go on their "today was warmer than Barbados!" moments

Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,368,348 times
Yeah, they do that a lot. "Today, Britain was warmer at midday than Miami was at sunrise!".

Old 08-25-2013, 08:04 PM

3,279 posts, read 3,754,809 times
I guess I would make a great weatherman then, ha ha. I absolutely cannot STAND the cold, cloudy skies, or rain. Hawaii weather would probably be my #1 weather of choice.

The only thing is that cloudy days do help if it's really hot, as in 95'F, and we do need a certain amount of rain for us to not be in a drought. Basically, though, when it's not raining, it needs to be sunny, ALWAYS. The trouble is, here in east TX, it only seems to want to be cloudy in the spring when it's 75-80'F for the first time in months and the sun feels good after months of it being in the 40s & 50s, but you're denied. Then, when it's 95'F and hot and you're miserable, you'd LIKE some clouds, but noooooooo.

LRH

Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 PM

774 posts, read 1,357,799 times
Africans really hate the cold weather. I love it.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM

2,055 posts, read 2,631,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Same here, I live in Honolulu and can't stand watching the weather forecasts. It's the SAME EVERYDAY, except for occasional periods of rain. All the forecasters will say "it'll be gorgeous for the rest of the week", which means 88-75 and sunny, every day. Well it's kind of like eating the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No matter what you eat, you'll get tired of it eventually. Every little change in the weather is talked about. A 4 degree change in tomorrow's weather, a little more rain tomorrow, a little less wind, the weather forecasters make such a big deal about it. The high temperatures don't differ more than 10 degrees F over the course of the year. There is no winter or fall or spring, only endless summer. While some people may think that's heaven, I hate it. I sweat every time I go outside, never have to wear a jacket, I'd give anything for some variety in the weather. I love weather in the Pacific Northwest, cool, rainy winters, pleasant, not-so-hot summers. Looks like I'm the opposite of most people. Anyways, it just irritates me, every time I see the weather come on, I just switch the channel.

At least you get RAIN in summer. Where I live, the only clouds we see for 3-4 months are the morning marine layer. Weather forecast could be copied and pasted from May through September- Morning low clouds and fog burning off to the immediate coast by midday. Highs in the 60s at the coast, 70s around the Bay, 80s inland, lower 90s far inland. The only cool thing is during heat waves where it's like 100 F in San Jose, I can drive to the coast for some pleasant 70s weather. The water is still too cold to swim.

I've been to Honolulu and really enjoyed swimming in the warm water beaches. I am taking a trip to Florida in September and look forward to swimming in warm beaches there too.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 PM

9,669 posts, read 10,970,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
I just came back from a vacation to Honolulu several weeks ago and absolutely loved the weather there. It wasn't too hot for me at all. I hiked up to the top of diamond head and hardly sweat at all due to the cool ocean breezes. I would so love to live in Honolulu one day and watching their weather forecasts was making me giddy with happiness. I couldn't ever get bored as I would be so joyful that it never got cold.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:58 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,011,929 times
Too funny, love the posts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or