U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 02:52 PM
B87

10,824 posts, read 6,904,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Having 38% possible sunshine year-round means that it IS a rather overcast climate. How is that so hard for you to wrap your head around?

Anyways, being a weather enthusiast and calling 0 C "bitterly cold" is stupid. That's something I would expect a random moron to say. And to only be 4 C colder than London yet London is mild and NYC is "bitterly cold" makes no sense. So 4-5 C is the only difference between bitterly cold and mild?
But it is rarely overcast. It is normal to see the sun the vast majority of days. It'll be higher of course if we record sun like they do in the US.

Well I hate anything below 6c and will wear gloves if it is that cold during the day. Some of our extrenely cold winters of 5-8 years ago had average highs of 4-6c, and I would describe those as bitterly cold. London doesn't have mild winters, it has cool winters. Sydney has mild winters.

These winter months are cold or bitterly cold.
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...=12&annee=2008
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...s=1&annee=2009
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...=12&annee=2009
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...s=1&annee=2010
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...s=2&annee=2010
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...=12&annee=2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 03:08 PM
B87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
How on earth does London have a better climate than Portsmouth?
Because it's warmer, drier and not as windy. Even Southampton (where went to uni for 4 years), is noticeably windy and rainy compared to London.

Why even ask the question if you don't want me to answer? You just want to start another argument.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:09 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,429,299 times
What I find stupid is people like Cambium complaining 24/7 at temperatures in the high 20s C in early September and saying it's bad for his latitude when it just isn't. He acts like Connecticut is the Persian Gulf

Old 09-04-2016, 03:11 PM

6,504 posts, read 4,233,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Because it's warmer, drier and not as windy. Even Southampton (where went to uni for 4 years), is noticeably windy and rainy compared to London.

Why even ask the question if you don't want me to answer?
Portsmouth is warmer, has less rain days, and is considerably sunnier.

Mainly because you just talk ****. If nobody on this forum knew London's climate, you'd have us all believe it's some warm, sunny paradise.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:12 PM

5,841 posts, read 2,464,157 times
Quote:
Trachys and cordylines are naturalised here. CIDPs will be next, they are fairly common in gardens as it is.
No way in hell will cidp naturalized in london. You are stating this like it's a fact but rather it's a wish.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:16 PM
B87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Portsmouth is warmer, has less rain days, and is considerably sunnier.

Mainly because you just talk ****. If nobody on this forum knew London's climate, you'd have us all believe it's some warm, sunny paradise.
Yeah, because posting the stats from the Met Office is claiming that it's a warm and sunny paradise. You always go on like it's the worst climate on earth.

London gets far more warm/hot days that Portsmouth does.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:18 PM
B87

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
No way in hell will cidp naturalized in london. You are stating this like it's a fact but rather it's a wish.
Well they have self-seeded on parts of the south coast. It's only a matter of time before the same happens in London, when more have been planted.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:20 PM

16,206 posts, read 7,636,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
What I find stupid is people like Cambium complaining 24/7 at temperatures in the high 20s C in early September and saying it's bad for his latitude when it just isn't. He acts like Connecticut is the Persian Gulf
Yes. This and this over and over again. He thinks CT is more oppressive than FL because of soil type.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:22 PM

6,504 posts, read 4,233,744 times
Quote:
Yeah, because posting the stats from the Met Office is claiming that it's a warm and sunny paradise. You always go on like it's the worst climate on earth.

London gets far more warm/hot days that Portsmouth does.
It's not that bad at all, but you're the one that exaggerates it. I'm not talking about the figures ffs. I'm talking about how YOU talk about London's climate. I'm not the only person that notices this.

Oh, so conveniently ignoring the facs about Portsmouth, in favour of your embarrassing obsession with London.

Nice.

Old 09-04-2016, 03:25 PM

9,268 posts, read 5,429,299 times
To be fair I'd choose London over Portsmouth as well for the higher chance of proper warmth/heat. Give me Portsmouth's sunshine hours with our averages and I'd be a lot more happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or