U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 05:05 PM

12,251 posts, read 6,630,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
My favourite was:

"remember im at 55N. my weather comes from greenland."

Or the time when he posted made up averages for his location that were way colder than any station in NI.
He made up forecasts as well.

"if I post the forecast you listen to what I say because its correct."

Weather Forecast Thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 05:15 PM

16,206 posts, read 7,640,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
17C can be stuffy after very warm days, but it's hardly oppressive at all lol. IIRC he had aircon on last December

There's no way 90F would feel hotter in CT, not a chance. I understand CT can get some humid heat in summer, but I think he just loves a moan about any type of warm weather lol. I'd love a warmer than average winter in the NE this year to keep Tom happy and watch Cambium go crazy lol
His whining is annoying because he whines about weather that would be like a dream in FL during the summer. 28 C highs with 17-18 C lows is soooo oppressive.

A warmer than normal winter in the NE would more than likely be a warm one here too, no thanks.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:24 PM

16,206 posts, read 7,640,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post

Weather Forecast Thread
And then he went on to talk about how big his house is a few pages down. Classic Owen.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:25 PM

24,268 posts, read 17,510,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post

Weather Forecast Thread
Haha, hilarious.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:23 PM

21,896 posts, read 11,565,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
London has the best climate in the world of anywhere above 49-50N. Portsmouth would be 2nd.
That is only if you like milder winters, with lots of cloud cover and chilly temps (though not cold very often). It's true for being that far north, London is mild during the winter months, but it's not even close to being a subtropical location even if you can grow a few palms. With all the palm tree photos that you post from time to time, it seems as if you are attempting to do just that. and I'll repeat what I said earlier... I would never equate London or any other oceanic climate (northern hemisphere) with palm trees. They just don't fit right when considering the lack of warm temperatures and sunshine hours.

Also, locations in British Columbia at 49-51N like Kamloops are much better than London in my opinion.

Old 09-04-2016, 06:37 PM

15,832 posts, read 5,395,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
That is only if you like milder winters, with lots of cloud cover and chilly temps (though not cold very often). It's true for being that far north, London is mild during the winter months, but it's not even close to being a subtropical location even if you can grow a few palms. With all the palm tree photos that you post from time to time, it seems as if you are attempting to do just that. and I'll repeat what I said earlier... I would never equate London or any other oceanic climate (northern hemisphere) with palm trees. They just don't fit right when considering the lack of warm temperatures and sunshine hours.

Also, locations in British Columbia at 49-51N like Kamloops are much better than London in my opinion.
San Francisco has tons of palm trees, and is not warm at all in the summer. Just because a place isn't hot in the summer doesn't mean palms don't look right or shouldn't exist

Old 09-04-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
So is Kharkiv: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kharkiv#Climate

Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 PM

21,896 posts, read 11,565,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
San Francisco has tons of palm trees, and is not warm at all in the summer. Just because a place isn't hot in the summer doesn't mean palms don't look right or shouldn't exist
Shouldn't exist? Who said that? If you can plant it there go ahead. I said it doesn't look right to me. When I think of palm trees, oceanic climates don't come to mind.

Google the words palm trees... I don't see London or Seattle or any oceanic location popping up do you? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
^^

I see that part of the Ukraine is very heat wave prone.

There are some locations north of the Caspian Sea in Russia that get warm summers highs for their latitude and proper winters.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
^^

I see that part of the Ukraine is very heat wave prone.

There are some locations north of the Caspian Sea in Russia that get warm summers highs for their latitude and proper winters.
Seems that their summers are getting more crazy every year. They broke their all-time July record this summer (38.4C):

Synop report summary
Synop report summary

2015 was not as hot but awesome still:

Synop report summary
Synop report summary

Old 09-04-2016, 07:04 PM

22,198 posts, read 22,375,211 times
Most people think of the tropics when they think of palms - as those Google image results show nicely. Most people in the UK wouldn't associate palm trees with San Francisco anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or