Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 12:05 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,417,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Northern Australia will provide dewpoints to your liking and Brizzy is probably your ideal A climate.
Weather History for Brisbane, Australia | Weather Underground
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2015, 04:17 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,238,005 times
I didn't know that one single day was enough to judge a climate

Old 02-01-2015, 07:10 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,390,252 times
I'd have to go with Canada.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:20 AM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,223,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I second that.

I personally don't like tropical climates, nice to visit, don't want to live there, no thanks.
Even places in USA, like Texas, Arizona, Florida are too hot for me in summer.

I like 80F / 27F ...90F / 32C ...again, no thanks.

Southern Canada has the four seasons I like.
The summers are just warm enough, don't need more heat, more heat means discomfort,
more AC.

Are there a few too cold days ...sure but I can deal with a couple of those days for the rest of the year
being good.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 AM

963 posts, read 850,211 times
Brazil and Australia for me

Old 02-01-2015, 10:42 AM

3,212 posts, read 3,157,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post

Are you kidding? Most of Canada's landmass is tundra or subarctic. Even parts of Russia (Sochi) have better climates than anything found in Canada.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:49 AM
BMI

7,455 posts, read 7,223,045 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? Most of Canada's landmass is tundra or subarctic. Even parts of Russia (Sochi) have better climates than anything found in Canada.
Only if you equate "better" with heat....reasoning would be ...hotter the better

Response....says who? You maybe, not everyone.

Sochi is an okay climate, certainly warmer than anywhere else in Russia, and yes warmer than
anywhere in Canada. Even so, I don't think Sochi climate is so great.
IMO too much precip (over 60" I think) and probably too much humidity to go with it.
Sochi 9c average winter highs are frustrating...not warm enough to enjoy outdoor actibities,
not exactly tennis or beach weather, then a too rainy humid summer,
I prefer Osoyoos or Kamloops...nice long dry sunny summer, Windsor, Ontario is good too,
it has a nice summer with a bonus some decent real winter weather too.
Like today it is snowing like crazy this morning in Windsor, Sochi doesn't get that good stuff

You're from southern California, so I'm sure what you prefer is very different, 10C is cold to you

Old 02-01-2015, 12:27 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,390,252 times
Quote:
I fancy the idea of living in a country whose range of climates in such that it can be considered a "cold" country (or, with the small exception of a tiny part of British Columbia, a place where you can generally expect decent winters). Honestly, the US is too climatically varied for my liking. There's the matter of identity, which I mentioned. But practical considerations can even be made. You may say you can choose where you want to live in this country. That's only sometimes true. It depends on the circumstances in your life. You may find yourself having to relocate to an awful climate, like Houston, or Phoenix.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:50 PM

25,892 posts, read 24,596,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
For me that has to be Brazil... 5th largest country in the world and NOWHERE in the country I'd rate lower than a C climate... No hurricanes, few tornadoes and virtually the entire country can grow palm trees

Climate of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They are having a huge drought in Southern Brazil, they will simply run out of water in the not too distant future unless there is a little miracle... Of course that is not the climate's fault, but that of the growing population. But then again, what is climate good for if there is no population to appreciate it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather