Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 10:55 PM

13 posts, read 12,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Van Nuys Weather Forecast and Conditions - weather.com

If i wanted to say about LA heat ill just make a new thread centered around that, this post was intended to show the climate range of the US, and given the current situations occuring in the US I decided to include that to strengthen my point.

Ill post all I want about what I want, you whining about it wont stop me, or for that fact anybody from posting what they feel like expressing.
Whatever sherlock. You make mention of the "heat" in LA in every single one of your posts, regardless of which thread it is. In every post of yours, you twist the topic to pimp your alleged Sahara-like climate. And And then you cherry pick the warmest PRIVATE station, in one case you friend's, from Wunderground and most of these give false readings due to poor placement on rooftops, concrete, improper seperation from the ground, poor exposure, incorrect method for recording temps etc. No wonder it is over 90 degrees every freaking day in LA

Quote:
Where the heck did I say LA is the hottest place out west, and by the way you dont even know which locale im at in LA so why dont you think before posting rude comments.
I'm gonna take a stab and say Death Valley. Oh wait, not even there gets day after day of 90+ weather in Jan/Feb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 11:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,473,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy995 View Post
Whatever sherlock. You make mention of the "heat" in LA in every single one of your posts, regardless of which thread it is. In every post of yours, you twist the topic to pimp your alleged Sahara-like climate. And And then you cherry pick the warmest PRIVATE station, in one case you friend's, from Wunderground and most of these give false readings due to poor placement on rooftops, concrete, improper seperation from the ground, poor exposure, incorrect method for recording temps etc. No wonder it is over 90 degrees every freaking day in LA

I'm gonna take a stab and say Death Valley. Oh wait, not even there gets day after day of 90+ weather in Jan/Feb.
the stats dont lie my friend, look at the weather channel it doesnt lie , you just assume that by saying LA im on the ****ing beach. wll LA is not all beach and not one same climate.

I dont exagerrate anything I post, if you call 91 degrees today an exageration check the link I provided or any inland stations (so you dont assume im talking about the beach).

Old 02-14-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed's Mountain View Post
In fact you do consistently exaggerate LA's warmth through constant cherry picking, anecdotal evidence, and other forms of subterfuge.
please provide my "exaggeration" and I will happily cite and prove it to be true.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:

Death Valley is colder in Winter than places more south.

check its weather channel weather history for Jan/Feb, and compare it to places like SFV, SGV, IE, Low Desert, Urban LA, even inland SD.

I wont even bother posting a link because you guys ignore it and just call me out for "exagerrating".

you guys are the ones full of ****.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:15 PM

You're right. That stats don't lie. But you do.

Doesn't matter where you are in LA, you seem to be picking off the hottest personal weather station from Wunderground each day and posting that as if that's the actual temp in LA. You do realise that the vast majority of these amateur stations are very poorly positioned with bad exposure, exaggerating the actual temp? Right?

No sir, YOU are the one that is full of crap, about as full of crap as LA's sewage system.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
You're right. That stats don't lie. But you do.

Doesn't matter where you are in LA, you seem to be picking off the hottest personal weather station from Wunderground each day and posting that as if that's the actual temp in LA. You do realise that the vast majority of these amateur stations are very poorly positioned with bad exposure, exaggerating the actual temp? Right?

No sir, YOU are the one that is full of crap, about as full of crap as LA's sewage system.
I don't base my posts of wunderground I use the weather channel. I use same data as weather channel , the stats dont lie so therefore I dont lie.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:24 PM

Really? Might I remind you of the stats you posted for Fullerton, based on your friend's wunderground "station" at his house? Seemed to be a lot of 90-95F days in freaking December/ Jan and Feb for a place that averages 68F in those months

Old 02-14-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Really? Might I remind you of the stats you posted for Fullerton, based on your friend's wunderground "station" at his house? Seemed to be a lot of 90-95F days in freaking December/ Jan and Feb for a place that averages 68F in those months
I meant about the stats I post on the Temperature for your city thread, I realize that that station was slightly hotter (because in fact there was days in the 90s).

other than that I only use wunderground for Airport station recordings which are not flawed.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
I meant about the stats I post on the Temperature for your city thread, I realize that that station was slightly hotter (because in fact there was days in the 90s).

other than that I only use wunderground for Airport station recordings which are not flawed.
So you admit that your friend's station is bogus Yes, I don't doubt that LA can have a day or two in the 90's in winter, but when half of January is 90F then that is just bullcrap. And the diurnal ranges from that "station" seem very ridiculous for an urban location aswell.

Geez, for the airport seems to get A LOT of 90F+ days for a station so close to the 60F ocean with its seabreezes

Old 02-14-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
So you admit that your friend's station is bogus Yes, I don't doubt that LA can have a day or two in the 90's in winter, but when half of January is 90F then that is just bullcrap. And the diurnal ranges from that "station" seem very ridiculous for an urban location aswell.
bot totally bogus b/c fullerton is a sort of little valley where my friend lives and it has is own microclimate, but yeah I believe its streching the temps a little bit, a little bit because half of Jan was at 80F+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather