U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate this climate?
A 3 11.11%
B 6 22.22%
C 9 33.33%
D 8 29.63%
F 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 PM

2,723 posts, read 2,169,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by overdrive1979 View Post
Looks like frequency of thunderstorms there are lower than most places of The Netherlands, isn't there?
That could be true, i don't know the average number of thunderstorm days for the Netherlands, but the area between Rotterdam, Amsterdam up to Den Helder seem to get a lot of thunderstorms, so most probably more than us.

And compared to other parts of Germany, my town is one of the least thunderstorm prone cities, our average thunderstorm days per year is 17, you will find less days than that only in the far North like
Nordfriesland or the baltic coast from Flensburg down to Kiel.
I guess it has to do with our very flat terrain, and probably with the heading of our coastline (running north to south) too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 12:47 PM

233 posts, read 230,156 times
Are you kidding me? Is 20C a summer temperature? Since Bremerhaven lies on the Atlantic, I would expect constant sea breeze. And then what? The "feels like" temperature drops to 16C. Is that summer? Sun is too rare too. I would have expected at least more sun in summer. Winters are cold and gloomy, which is totally OK with me, though snow is not a guarantee.
E for its cloudy and cool weather year round. I prefer more distinct seasons. Munich has the best weather in Germany. Only the fact that it has a borderline between the continental climate (the one we have in the US) and the oceanic climate (that of Western Europe), gives its some unique weather patterns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or