U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these Disney theme park hosting cities has the best climate for you??
Orlando 13 28.89%
Anaheim 17 37.78%
Tokyo 5 11.11%
Paris 10 22.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 05:17 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,999,787 times

Advertisements

Anaheim by far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 05:40 PM

2,140 posts, read 784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Not really sure what point you're making. Regardless if the days are short or not, the weather is still objectively pleasant Dec-February. March has 12 hour days with rather pleasant weather as well, April has rather long days with weather that ain't all that bad. Anyways, it's not like life stops and people stop enjoying themselves simply because it's nighttime outside.

Nope, not really lol. They just scare the **** out of me, not my idea of fun.

You're bothered by people having different preferences from you? Seriously?
I like to believe that people know what they're talking about, but I honestly don't believe that people know what they are talking about if they say they would prefer walking around a giant theme park in 26'C with 23'C dewpoints rather than 23'C and 13'C dewpoints. I don't think it's a matter of preferences. It's a bit like saying "For a day at the beach, which weather would you prefer: 26'C and sun or 18'C and cloudy".

And day length does matter. Of course you'd prefer it being bright instead of dark at 5:00, although I could understand if someone would like being at a theme park at night. Still, it matters. Now, tell me what Orlando has that Anaheim doesn't. Anaheim and Orlando have pretty identical temperature matches for every month (they don't have to be the same month) except Orlando has got more of the months above 28'C high. What Anaheim has in every single one of those months however is more sunshine, less rain and less humidity, all which without a doubt you DO want for a theme park. I can't buy that you'd actually want rain or humidity on a theme park... I guess SOME people could prefer clouds but the other two, just no. And I can't buy that you'd prefer 28'C over 24'C when queuing for hours. Just no. BS.

So please tell me what it is that you personally find more attractive about Orlando, because I don't like disbelieving people.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:46 PM

168 posts, read 64,711 times
I'll go with Anaheim although it looks like it could get a little boring, it's sunny and comfortable for the majority of the year.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:56 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,397,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
I was last on a roller coaster about 10 years ago and found it too violent. I loved the swinging pirate ship, though.
I almost fell out of one of those at a fair when I was like 10 years old, that experience scarred me for years lol. Those fair rides scare me the most, the fact that they can be taken apart and rebuilt with ease is unsettling. I love theme park rides, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Nope, not really lol. They just scare the **** out of me, not my idea of fun.
I used to be the same exact way until fairly recently (19-ish), I just started liking them out of nowhere.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:22 PM

10,053 posts, read 6,999,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
I like to believe that people know what they're talking about, but I honestly don't believe that people know what they are talking about if they say they would prefer walking around a giant theme park in 26'C with 23'C dewpoints rather than 23'C and 13'C dewpoints.I don't think it's a matter of preferences. It's a bit like saying "For a day at the beach, which weather would you prefer: 26'C and sun or 18'C and cloudy".

And day length does matter. Of course you'd prefer it being bright instead of dark at 5:00, although I could understand if someone would like being at a theme park at night. Still, it matters. Now, tell me what Orlando has that Anaheim doesn't. Anaheim and Orlando have pretty identical temperature matches for every month (they don't have to be the same month) except Orlando has got more of the months above 28'C high. What Anaheim has in every single one of those months however is more sunshine, less rain and less humidity, all which without a doubt you DO want for a theme park. I can't buy that you'd actually want rain or humidity on a theme park... I guess SOME people could prefer clouds but the other two, just no. And I can't buy that you'd prefer 28'C over 24'C when queuing for hours. Just no. BS.

So please tell me what it is that you personally find more attractive about Orlando, because I don't like disbelieving people.
I really couldn't have said it better.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:03 PM

3,200 posts, read 1,971,386 times
Orlando: summer funderstorms > monotony of no rain for 6 months. October through April delivers plenty of "Anaheim-like" weather (sunny with warm days and cool nights) with the occasional cold snap and frontal system. I think Orlando would also feel warmer than Anaheim in winter when temperatures are matched due to the higher sun angle and longer daylight hours.

Paris and Tokyo are too chilly in winter.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:08 PM

2,199 posts, read 794,009 times
What a bunch of s*** climates. For a theme park, ill pick Anaheim for the most sun and least rain. Could be warmer though.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:38 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,030,725 times
Tokyo for the overall climate, Anaheim for going to a theme park.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:34 PM

15,832 posts, read 5,400,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelernation71 View Post
What a bunch of s*** climates. For a theme park, ill pick Anaheim for the most sun and least rain. Could be warmer though.
I went to Disneyland in late March of 2011 and it got up to 93° in next door Fullerton that day, warm enough for you? Lol

Old 12-17-2016, 11:51 PM

3,200 posts, read 1,971,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I went to Disneyland in late March of 2011 and it got up to 93° in next door Fullerton that day, warm enough for you? Lol

That was a heat wave. A March day could just as easily have highs in the 50s with rain and no sun the whole day. In Orlando, even winter rain is likely to be accompanied by temperatures in the 70s with sun afterwards. Florida cold snaps are usually accompanied by clear skies (even if colder than L.A's cold snaps) and are mostly restricted to the heart of mid winter.

Right now, Anaheim is sitting at 42F at 11PM while Orlando is sitting at 70F at 2AM.
Forecast high tomorrow in Anaheim will be 59F while Orlando will hit 86F.
Even when Anaheim gets in the 80s (or even 90s in winter), nights will be in the 50s.
People take vacations in December to warm places to escape the cold so Orlando is probably a better choice a mid-winter vacation unless you are unlucky to get a cold snap (which would mean something like 25/45 in Orlando while a "cold snap" in Anaheim would be more like 35/55).

Last edited by ABrandNewWorld; 12-18-2016 at 12:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or