Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:09 AM

336 posts, read 398,434 times

Advertisements

Isn't it a good thing that your summer was warm and sunny? You build up a lot of positive energy and vitamin D. Doesn't that help you to cope with autumn and shorter days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
In my opinion Fall is the worst time of year. Once the cold sets in enough for freezing to occur at night, the fog and dreary conditions set in until mid-winter. It doesn't help that we had our 2nd wettest September on record. It's been fairly dry this month, but it doesn't feel like it because today was yet another day today of nothing but fog. Knowing that 200 feet up the hill from my house basks in sunshine doesnt' make things any better, but the worst part about fall is that summer is so hot and sunny, so the cold, dark days are even worst in relative terms.

And don't even get me started on the time change. I miss Summer.

Today's bulletin from Environment Canada:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 05:02 AM

452 posts, read 709,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
you wouldn't hate it if you lived in say north florida.
Or anywhere in Florida for that matter

We had a "cold front" move through day before yesterday...the temps dropped to a frigid 88 degrees!! (BRRRR!)

Old 10-23-2013, 05:24 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
I enjoy the cooler days and chilly nights of fall, and also the beautiful surroundings. But it is depressing when that all ends. Last year, I took up a correspondence course to use some of the time of fall/winter. I do look forward to the holidays, lots of baking and steaming mugs of tea and coffee. And, I actually get some indoor chores done that I just don't want to do on hot, humid days. This week is was cleaning the ceiling fans - Yeah!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
I completely disagree. I love fall. November is probably my favorite month of the year. Or December. I love the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween. I love the fall colors. I like having to wear a jacket again.. this gives me more pockets to put things. I love the gloomier weather--it feels great after our invariably brutal summers.

Old 10-23-2013, 05:51 AM

74 posts, read 151,785 times
I agree with snj90 it is a nice break from the excruciating heat in in N/C Florida. Seem to be able to catch up on some chores that just can't get done in the heat. We all look forward to breaking out the sweater or jacket even though its short lived around here.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:08 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I completely disagree. I love fall. November is probably my favorite month of the year. Or December. I love the holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween. I love the fall colors. I like having to wear a jacket again.. this gives me more pockets to put things. I love the gloomier weather--it feels great after our invariably brutal summers.
You have agreement here too. I love November in particular, as that's when we hit peak color and the trees finally start to become bare - I'll be able to see the sky again, yay! I'm already loving the long, refreshing sleeps I'm getting in these cooler nights - I just can't sleep well in summer, but in the cooler months, an eight-hour sleep is more common than not. So nice to feel rested like this.

My only complaint about fall is that it can be a bit dry - wish we'd get more of those all-day rains I love so much, but at least we'll get a lot more of those this coming winter. That's another nice thing about fall, all those months of great weather to look forward to - yum!

Old 10-23-2013, 11:28 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I love all the seasons. How boring to live in just one. It doesn't matter what the weather or temperature is, I'll find a way to enjoy it. We had some snow flurries yesterday. It was beautiful against the fall colors.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:24 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,361,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
Or anywhere in Florida for that matter

We had a "cold front" move through day before yesterday...the temps dropped to a frigid 88 degrees!! (BRRRR!)
Supposed to be 40 here in Tallahassee tonight

I love Fall! (when it actually happens)

Old 10-23-2013, 01:32 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,803,538 times
I hate early fall. September is the least interesting month here weather-wise. I like the soggy, cloudy, wet and dark conditions that prevail in october-november, though.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times
All you haters what has Autumn done to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather