Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:27 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou91 View Post
Because in FL when it's all hot and muggy you'll get an afternoon rainstorm everyday for, like, a month straight. Ugh. Florida summers were always the worst. Give me TN or GA summers instead.
wait those thunderstorms are the best. in fact I think we don't see enough of them we only see 18 or 19 rainy days per month in the summer. 22 or 23 would be better. Also georgia is way hotter than florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 06:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,012 times
Hot and humid totally!

Old 10-27-2013, 06:56 PM

872 posts, read 1,262,902 times
Cold and sunny.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:52 AM

210 posts, read 198,980 times
I'll take cold any day of the week over humid anything.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:08 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriannaSmiling View Post
If I had to spend the entire day outside (without swimming), I'd probably pick cold and sunny because you can be comfortable if you dress warmly.
Winter of 2003. High was 12 F with brilliant sunshine and a light wind. Try spending 5 minutes outside with 6 layers under those conditions, and I ensure that you will be begging for heat + humidity instead. Chances are, if you are from California, you have not lived through days of "real cold". Much rather take heat + humidity rather than these conditions. At least you can take your shirt off and cool down under a tree.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 AM

4,965 posts, read 5,686,527 times
I find 17°C and sunny to be very cold if the wind is more than about 12mph. So clearly the answer is...

Old 10-28-2013, 08:32 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
common guys how can you not love 80-90f weather with dew points in the 70s?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayou91 View Post
Because in FL when it's all hot and muggy you'll get an afternoon rainstorm everyday for, like, a month straight. Ugh. Florida summers were always the worst. Give me TN or GA summers instead.
I went on a business trip to Ft. Lauderdale in the middle of June. At about 3 pm it started raining and it kept raining for about 6-7 hours. The next morning was a beautiful sunny morning, but when I left the hotel building, the humidity hit me in the face like a shovel. I could not get my suit jacket off and into the air conditioned car fast enough. Leaving any building was like stepping into a sauna -- fully clothed.

Unless you are on vacation wearing only t-shirts, shorts and sandals and sitting in the shade sipping a cool drink, hot and humid doesn't cut it.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM

143 posts, read 357,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I went on a business trip to Ft. Lauderdale in the middle of June. At about 3 pm it started raining and it kept raining for about 6-7 hours. The next morning was a beautiful sunny morning, but when I left the hotel building, the humidity hit me in the face like a shovel. I could not get my suit jacket off and into the air conditioned car fast enough. Leaving any building was like stepping into a sauna -- fully clothed.

Unless you are on vacation wearing only t-shirts, shorts and sandals and sitting in the shade sipping a cool drink, hot and humid doesn't cut it.
Exactly. When I lived in FL and the tourists would talk about the lovely weather, it took all of my self control to just smile instead of saying "Yeah, well wait till you have to wear a suit or button down shirt, or really any sort of work appropriate clothing and then tell me how awesome you think this weather is."

Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,601,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
Also georgia is way hotter than florida.
They both suck... I spent 35 years between Jacksonville and Savannah prior to moving to the PNW in 2011.

I love it here... No longer do I have to deal with:

a) 90-100 hot humid mess for 6 months of the year

b) $400 electric bills from A/C running 24/7

c) gnats and mosquitoes

I can actually go outside in the summer now and do things like hiking and camping... the 70's here are quite comfortable. It even hit 80 for a couple weeks this summer... and it was great! The winters are mild in the 40's and 50's. I don't mind the winter cloudiness either... I get all the sun I need for the year from May thru September.

I looked at Savannah's forecast earlier... high of 81 this week! Are you kidding me?

OP, anything but hot humid weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't miss that! At all!

Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Hot and humid.

During the hottest part of summer in Houston, I can go to the grocery store, run into a person I know in the parking lot and have a 10 minute conversation.

When I go to Denver, Casper or Pittsburgh during the winter for business, I have to run out and start the car and then run back into the hotel to stand by the window waiting for the car to warm up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather