Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2008, 10:08 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,695,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
yea im SURE, i love cold weather, man.

hot weather makes me dizzy and sick to my stomach, especially that heat wave we had in August when temps got up to 105 here, and 110 in parts of southwest Georgia.
Still, just a little west it's almost as cold, but since it's a lot drier the bugs aren't nearly as bad. If you like dry-cold (they still have snow that stays around for weeks or months) and large cities, I'd look at Edmonton and Saskatoon.

Rough dude (or girl)...

All high-heat does to me is make me thirsty, oily and slowed-down or relaxed, usually.
I guess I'm just lucky that way.

In a sauna which is maybe 120 F, when I stay still, I often only feel the heat from the neck up.
The rest of me is oblivious to the temperature and I'm simply relaxed.

It takes 5-10 minutes for my skin to not be dry and at least 15 minutes before I get a bead of sweat in a dry-sauna.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 PM

29,890 posts, read 9,922,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Still, just a little west it's almost as cold, but since it's a lot drier the bugs aren't nearly as bad. If you like dry-cold (they still have snow that stays around for weeks or months) and large cities, I'd look at Edmonton and Saskatoon.

Rough dude.

All high-heat does to me is make me thirsty, oily and slowed-down or relaxed, usually. I guess I'm lucky that way.
In a sauna which is maybe 120 F, when I stay still, I often only feel the heat from the neck up.
i would guess that saskatoon is colder, but edmonton is snowier, hmmm..... kinda hard to choose.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:

Rough dude (or girl)...

All high-heat does to me is make me thirsty, oily and slowed-down or relaxed, usually.
I guess I'm just lucky that way.

im definitely a dude, man.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,695,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
i would guess that saskatoon is colder, but edmonton is snowier, hmmm..... kinda hard to choose.
How much snow do you want?
How much cold do you want?

Edmonton gets just as cold during Arctic blasts, but in Saskatoon the extreme cold lasts a little longer.
It's a difference of a January avg. at -8 C (18 F) or -11 C. (13 F)

I hear it is windier as well as drier in Saskatoon, on average.

*Weather aside, real estate is crazy-expensive in Alberta's cities now, (on par or higher than cities like Toronto) while Saskatchewan is now starting to be "no longer so cheap."

Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 PM

209 posts, read 1,086,067 times
It is 11 degrees here, now. It has been in the lower 50's this week, and it has also been around -15 this week, only about 36 hours apart. We had all-out blizzard conditions one day, and the day before we had snow melting like there was no tomorrow.

AND TALK OF ANOTHER SNOW STORM? We just barely missed out here in Eastern Iowa, Illinois (DeKalb) got about 11-14 inches of snow, according to relatives... We got about 1.5 inches here.

The situation right now percieved is:

We will recieve ice/sleet Sunday Nite (Not good for Super Bowl guests heading home aft'r the game.) It could be a significant icing event. Then,

Monday, we will get rain. Possibly freezing rain or sleet, but more probably rain, then, all the rain will freeze...

Monday Nite: A potent system advertised for months is expected to pound the area, I am thinkin' this might be the biggest one of the winter for us, here. The snow should begin Mon. Nite and continue into Tues. Nite, ending west to east, too early to determine/predict snow amounts/ice amounts at this time...

I have proof, go to crh.noaa.gov and type in the 52002 zip code, read the forecast discussion and the hazardous weather outlook.

-I am located in Iowa.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
How much snow do you want?
How much cold do you want?

Edmonton gets just as cold during Arctic blasts, but in Saskatoon the extreme cold lasts a little longer.
It's a difference of a January avg. at -8 C (18 F) or -11 C. (13 F)

I hear it is windier as well as drier in Saskatoon, on average.

*Weather aside, real estate is crazy-expensive in Alberta's cities now, (on par or higher than cities like Toronto) while Saskatchewan is now starting to be "no longer so cheap."
anything over 70 inches a year i guess is pretty good, as for cold, anyplace that can get below -25 AT LEAST once a year, anyplace that has those two combos and is cheap?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:35 PM

209 posts, read 1,086,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubuqueaskme View Post
It is 11 degrees here, now. It has been in the lower 50's this week, and it has also been around -15 this week, only about 36 hours apart. We had all-out blizzard conditions one day, and the day before we had snow melting like there was no tomorrow.

AND TALK OF ANOTHER SNOW STORM? We just barely missed out here in Eastern Iowa, Illinois (DeKalb) got about 11-14 inches of snow, according to relatives... We got about 1.5 inches here.

The situation right now percieved is:

We will recieve ice/sleet Sunday Nite (Not good for Super Bowl guests heading home aft'r the game.) It could be a significant icing event. Then,

Monday, we will get rain. Possibly freezing rain or sleet, but more probably rain, then, all the rain will freeze...

Monday Nite: A potent system advertised for months is expected to pound the area, I am thinkin' this might be the biggest one of the winter for us, here. The snow should begin Mon. Nite and continue into Tues. Nite, ending west to east, too early to determine/predict snow amounts/ice amounts at this time...

I have proof, go to crh.noaa.gov and type in the 52002 zip code, read the forecast discussion and the hazardous weather outlook.

-I am located in Iowa.
I meant to say advertised for weeks.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:55 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,317,556 times
Those of you talking about your Mothers must be my children. I'm always cold.

It is 13 degrees and NO windchill.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,820,811 times
we are getting the tail end of the Arctic Express, 48 @ 1:35 AM, temp has gone down 10 degrees in the last hour and a half..... DH lit a fire out in the pit, clear skies, the stars are splendid, we have no city skyglow!

Old 02-02-2008, 06:43 AM

311 posts, read 1,055,426 times
It's 18 degrees here right now at 9:13AM. I'm really starting to get sick of winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather