U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-20-2008, 09:22 AM
 
Location: IN
19,129 posts, read 31,672,756 times
Reputation: 11153

Advertisements

It is a little chilly.
Current temp 8F
Current Wind chill -10F

 
Old 02-20-2008, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Bourbonnais, IL
1,355 posts, read 3,546,512 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
It is a little chilly.
Current temp 8F
Current Wind chill -10F
Plains, I know you and I have a strong tolerance for cold. But, let's not kid ourselves...8+ at 10am this late in February for your part of KS is pretty darn cold With average highs and lows in the mid 40's and 20's now. That's us a month ago and 8+ at 10am would be flat out cold!
 
Old 02-20-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Seattle
5,225 posts, read 7,508,884 times
Reputation: 2648
52F Partly Cloudy
 
Old 02-20-2008, 03:02 PM
 
Location: IN
19,129 posts, read 31,672,756 times
Reputation: 11153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
Plains, I know you and I have a strong tolerance for cold. But, let's not kid ourselves...8+ at 10am this late in February for your part of KS is pretty darn cold With average highs and lows in the mid 40's and 20's now. That's us a month ago and 8+ at 10am would be flat out cold!
It was like the North Pole in the Upper Midwest this morning with temperatures lower than -25F in several areas. That is quite significant for late February. Also, this might be the first below "average" winter in terms of temperatures for the Upper Midwest in several years.
 
Old 02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
 
Location: still in exile......
29,910 posts, read 7,791,615 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
It was like the North Pole in the Upper Midwest this morning with temperatures lower than -25F in several areas. That is quite significant for late February. Also, this might be the first below "average" winter in terms of temperatures for the Upper Midwest in several years.
Hey, Plains do you think that any rural area in North Dakota hit -40F this morning?

There is some wild weather in Western Texas/eastern NM, it's 26 degrees in Amarillo and only 150 miles southwest of Amarillo in Roswell, NM it's 74 degrees!
 
Old 02-20-2008, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Louisville/LA
5,234 posts, read 12,363,727 times
Reputation: 2310
56* and cloudy. It's been a light drizzle all day but it stopped now.
 
Old 02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Seattle
5,225 posts, read 7,508,884 times
Reputation: 2648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
56* and cloudy. It's been a light drizzle all day but it stopped now.
haha 54F and mostly sunny now
 
Old 02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
 
Location: God's Country
20,937 posts, read 27,805,340 times
Reputation: 29200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxiweodwo View Post
come here to North GA, our high tommorow is 45!
Oh man you are lucky!!
 
Old 02-20-2008, 05:28 PM
 
Location: still in exile......
29,910 posts, read 7,791,615 times
Reputation: 5904
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh man you are lucky!!
Thank You!!, we might even get some sleet/snow tommorow.
 
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Seattle
5,225 posts, read 7,508,884 times
Reputation: 2648
§AB is this true
Melbourne, Victoria Forecast : Weather Underground wunderground says 28C (84F) in Melbourne. The forecast says high 21C (69F)
If it is true I will never trust wunderground anymore.
BTW I saw your lows in February - February 1st - low 9C (48F), February 9th - 7C (44F), February 10th - 6C (42F) February 11th - 6C (42F). Trust me Seattle has higher lows than Melbourne in the summer, usually it is 13-14C (56-58F). Very rarely lower than that. It's winter here now and sometimes we have low 9C (48F) which is higher than your lows in the summer
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3983/23123231sv5.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Botev1912; 02-20-2008 at 08:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top