Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 03:40 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Guess I am unique.

Do not care for 4 seasons, I only need one...SUMMER. I moved to a city that 1/3 of the days are over 100 for a reason! (Phoenix)
I agree-I HATE 4 seasons! Give me summer all year long!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Miami, Orlando, Sacramento, Denver, and Albequrque.

Too hot during the summer months.
Not the summer heat I hate, it's heat in OTHER seasons! x_X

And Denver too hot in the summer?? What? Any city in east coast, Sans Maine maybe, is a lot hotter than Denver, at least in feel-temp due to humidity.

Old 02-06-2014, 12:35 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Miami is extremely overrated. This is a vacation place, or a place for immigrants to live after coming from a far worse country. It's not somewhere I wanna continue living. Not just climate, but the other problems that Miami and it's suburbs harbour. But of course I mean climate to live in, wouldn't wanna live in Hawaii, but BOY do I wanna visit it. I need seasonal variety, the type you find in the midwest and New England, not the 6 days of cool weather we get here, where people claim to be "omagad, so totally like, freesing mijita" :P

Old 02-06-2014, 02:31 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
SoCal. San Diego... love the city... weather is a bit boring. Sunny and 72F every day got really old really fast for me. Beaches are nice but the temperatures on the coast infrequently are warm enough to really enjoy sunbathing and even more infrequently is the water warm enough to be comfortable. September and October were really the only two months I enjoyed the beaches.

LA was similar but I lived in Pasadena and it got WAY too hot in the summer for me compared to San Diego (also because I was closer to the coast in SD). Upper 90s-lower 100s (Fahrenheit) were quite common throughout the summer. Too uncomfortable. I dreaded getting into my car. But when I drove to the beach it would be like 68F. Pretty much only like really hot weather if I'm at the beach and that rarely occurred when I lived in SoCal.

Also dislike the weather of the entire Southeast US as well including most of Texas. I don't mind hot/humid per se if it's below the 90s but I can't stand bugs especially large bugs, which thrive in the Southeast US and feel like bugs are sufficiently weather related.

The desert Southwest of the US is too unbearable for me due to the severe temperatures in the summer.

I think warm summer to cool summer continental climates are best for me, alternatively oceanic climates anywhere from the Pac NW to coastal Alaska to Iceland to most of Northern Europe would be good. Would prefer a warmer summer but not as important as avoiding severe heat, bugs, and monotony.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Not the summer heat I hate, it's heat in OTHER seasons! x_X

And Denver too hot in the summer?? What? Any city in east coast, Sans Maine maybe, is a lot hotter than Denver, at least in feel-temp due to humidity.
I am sensitive to high elevations and insane variations. They give me headaches.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 PM

414 posts, read 797,923 times
In a nutshell, any climate that features more Cooling Degree Days than Heating Degree Days (Base: 65F/18.3C). The average annual temperature in Sydney is just below 18C and I wouldn't tolerate anything warmer. However, I would trade a little more summer heat for some snow in winter, a'la the East Coast of the US or parts of Japan.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 PM

5 posts, read 8,967 times
I live in the desert southwest and I really do not like it. I really do get upset listening to people gush about how wonderful constant sun and heat are.

I don't like heat. I've lived in the southeast of the US and I didn't like it, and now I have found myself living in the desert southwest. The sun is unrelenting here in the southwest. Whenever there is a cloudy day I feel relief. I realize some people like this but I am not one of them. I truly do not understand why some people want to feel hot all the time.

I like cool places and I miss rain terribly. We never get rain here. Water is something human beings need, and living in a desert is not natural or normal. It's crazy.

I sincerely hope everyday I can figure out a way to leave this place. The economy is not helpful toward that end.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:54 AM

610 posts, read 1,101,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxnerd86 View Post
In a nutshell, any climate that features more Cooling Degree Days than Heating Degree Days (Base: 65F/18.3C). The average annual temperature in Sydney is just below 18C and I wouldn't tolerate anything warmer. However, I would trade a little more summer heat for some snow in winter, a'la the East Coast of the US or parts of Japan.
Hmm... any city in Hokkaido or northern part of Honshu (e.g. Aomori)? Their summers are a lot cooler than cities in the south like Tokyo or Osaka and they get quite an amount of snow.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:17 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,182,229 times
Arid climates are garbage. All of them.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:48 AM

5,271 posts, read 4,679,161 times
I don't know exactly which climates "people" like, but I HATE Mediterranean climates, climates where it's dry for too long (or year-round), ones who have very cold winters, the ones who have very hot summers, and the ones that get too much sunshine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather