U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-28-2014, 06:36 AM

6,021 posts, read 1,895,817 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM

Majority of models kicking out 3-6 inches of snow.

New GFS however showing more right now

Old 02-28-2014, 11:39 AM

561 posts, read 215,058 times
March can be just as rainy as February here with similar temperatures, but the stronger sun and more daylight hours coupled with all the flowers and new growth certainly makes it feel more like spring! I can't wait for next Sunday when daylight savings time begins

Old 02-28-2014, 11:42 AM

4,977 posts, read 1,442,341 times
Well I'm getting ready for my "end of meteorological winter" celebrations. We are entering the time of warming temperatures, longer daylengths, nature coming to life, the "living season" is approaching. It really makes me feel more alive than ever. I tend to be at my most productive and capable in the spring/summer. Big celebrations tonight as we see at the final night of winter.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:03 PM

Old 02-28-2014, 12:18 PM

2,105 posts, read 708,362 times
I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed a marked shift in the cold weather over the past few years. Out west we experience our coldest time of year in December and January, and then by February things have really started to warm up. It's not uncommon to see flowers and cherry blossoms come out in mid February at 49N in BC, but over the past few years we've seen very cold springs (March and April). The coldest day of the winter was recorded in April a couple years back in Victoria. This is very unusual since we don't typically get the seasonal lag that you find find further east on the continent.

Old 02-28-2014, 10:40 PM

28,665 posts, read 14,929,576 times
Checking the GFS, I see a rather mild spell forecast in a bit over a week. And then extremely cold March temperatures (0F ?).

Old 02-28-2014, 11:13 PM

15,415 posts, read 21,560,105 times
Did anyone see the low temperatures last night for WI and MI. -27F as far south as Stevens Point and about the same in Houghton Lake, MI. Pelleston recorded -33F which is very remarkable for late February considering the shorter dark hours at night.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 AM

26,352 posts, read 14,422,333 times
March is here... I guess I should be posting this here now. Those that follow me on the CT forum sorry for the double posts, I feel like I gear to everyone here as opposed to just the state there.

A look at the latest NAM, GFS, EURO for Monday 18z time frame. Precip shown is for 7am-1am period.

Anyone in dark green or blues is heavy snow. Lighter shades is light snow.

Look at middle frame for northern CT/MA LOL. DRY!

Anyone north of dotted blue line is snow. Anyone near it is mix. Anyone south of it is rain.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:11 AM
BMI

1,498 posts, read 608,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacierx View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I've noticed a marked shift in the cold weather over the past few years. Out west we experience our coldest time of year in December and January, and then by February things have really started to warm up. It's not uncommon to see flowers and cherry blossoms come out in mid February at 49N in BC, but over the past few years we've seen very cold springs (March and April). The coldest day of the winter was recorded in April a couple years back in Victoria. This is very unusual since we don't typically get the seasonal lag that you find find further east on the continent.
I've noticed that too but maybe not this year as White Rock hit 14C yesterday and
many places in Lower Mainland BC were in 13C range.
We can only dream of those kind of temps at this time of year in southern Ontario
even though we are at same latitude as southern Oregon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather