Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2017, 06:17 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times

Advertisements

My British amigos Spain is welcoming you 24/7 if you want warmth year round.

Just book a flight with Ryanair and enjoy some days out of rutine.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:18 PM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Spain has the 2nd highest unemployment rate in the EU... No thanks

Old 07-05-2017, 06:18 PM

2,132 posts, read 1,370,256 times
I have central heating Junter - but nice offer !!!

Old 07-05-2017, 06:40 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
This debate is like bald men fighting over a comb.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:26 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Spain has the 2nd highest unemployment rate in the EU... No thanks
and what's the relationship with this and spending a vacation in Spain? Which part of "break the routine for some days" wasn't clear??

Old 07-05-2017, 11:18 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorshavnSunHolidays View Post
More bollox pmsl - climate in UK varies no end ha ha - but then you have to deal with crap up there in the north on a regular basis , i don't - so no probs with me bro

compare Glasgow/Inverness with Canterbury etc .

You should not be on this forum with that level of knowldege - lol .

North /south east divide

29 in London was it today and 13c in North east England lmao

you guys are on the meds
They're all cool, cloudy maritime climates. As many others on here have stated countless times, London is largely inoffensive but doesn't really please anyone - too cool for summer lovers and too mild for winter lovers. Just pants really. It manages to be unappealing to everyone at the same time. Unless you're B87.

Come on now, enough of this. You sound like some insecure guy bragging about his big p*nis. Too much overcompensation.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 07-05-2017 at 11:27 PM..

Old 07-06-2017, 01:13 AM

2,155 posts, read 1,541,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Lol how can you not. It is very obvious. Heck I could tell the sun was higher in Savannah, GA in January compared to here and it is less than 10d difference. Have you gone to the tropics in winter and come back and compared to the sun at 50+ latitude?
In winter the difference can be felt, that's for sure, but once you get to about 40-50°, the sun will only get marginally warmer as it rises through the sky, and in fact won't be as warm in actuality since an 80° sun will warm a much smaller part of you compared to the 50° sun.

Higher dewpoints is probably what makes 32'C feel much warmer in Spain than in England. I remember when I was in Greece and one morning we were sweating our asses off and the sun was just unrelentless, but then later in the day around 2pm, it wasn't as bad anymore even since the temperature had risen from 26'C to 30'C. That's because the dew point had gone down from 20'C to 17'C. Also, the sun wasn't hitting me from the side, heating up my entire body, anymore.

That being said, in a 50° sun, few parts of your body will be perpendicular to the sun whereas with a 90° sun, the parts that actually get hit by the sun will be perpendicular and will thus get hit by the full sun strength so to say, so it will feel like the sun is really strong on your shoulders, but that's not because it actually is stronger.

Old 07-06-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
They're all cool, cloudy maritime climates. As many others on here have stated countless times, London is largely inoffensive but doesn't really please anyone - too cool for summer lovers and too mild for winter lovers. Just pants really. It manages to be unappealing to everyone at the same time. Unless you're B87.

Come on now, enough of this. You sound like some insecure guy bragging about his big p*nis. Too much overcompensation.
bragging ? are you mad ! this isn't LA or the Maderia islands ,it's the same as standard northern eastern French climate . Unreliable most of the year .

i have said C or C+ (how the hell is that 'bragging' ? ) it's not great but its 2 million times better than the north of England/Scotland ,possibly the foulest weather on the planet ?

I've said it before , 8 months of the year for me are fine - 23.5c and 7 hours of sunshine a day in summer is what i like -you may like 36c - i have no idea ! I also like the mix of weather in mid Spring / mid Autumn , always some sunshine /reasonable pleasant temps

For 7-8 months the weather is acceptable FOR ME - the other 4 months i tolerate - gloomy,chilly , but at least dry .

Yorkshire /North East weather i couldn't handle - there is a threshold ,and that goes beyond it .

Whenever i see folk on TV and newspapers moaning about the 'British weather' it's the same old ... Liverpool,Mancs,Glasgow ,Yorkshire ,Belfast .... never ,never seen anyone from round these parts moan like that ....and they only moan here if there is an extended cool spell ,or anything like the atrocious 2012 .

Same in Spain ...all northerners trying to get a week of sun ...

..... and that is because your weather is pure sh1te !! B87 is correct

Old 07-06-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba_Wethu View Post
In winter the difference can be felt, that's for sure, but once you get to about 40-50°, the sun will only get marginally warmer as it rises through the sky, and in fact won't be as warm in actuality since an 80° sun will warm a much smaller part of you compared to the 50° sun.

Higher dewpoints is probably what makes 32'C feel much warmer in Spain than in England. I remember when I was in Greece and one morning we were sweating our asses off and the sun was just unrelentless, but then later in the day around 2pm, it wasn't as bad anymore even since the temperature had risen from 26'C to 30'C. That's because the dew point had gone down from 20'C to 17'C. Also, the sun wasn't hitting me from the side, heating up my entire body, anymore.

That being said, in a 50° sun, few parts of your body will be perpendicular to the sun whereas with a 90° sun, the parts that actually get hit by the sun will be perpendicular and will thus get hit by the full sun strength so to say, so it will feel like the sun is really strong on your shoulders, but that's not because it actually is stronger.
I could have this wrong Baba - but isn't it the other way round ? - the humidity in places like England,Belg and France etc make the summers temps feel hotter than they are -and Med dry heat more comfy .

The opposite in winter - hunidity makes cold temps feel colder

Old 07-06-2017, 06:44 AM

13,484 posts, read 9,025,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
and what's the relationship with this and spending a vacation in Spain? Which part of "break the routine for some days" wasn't clear??
As usual you edited your post & added the "break the routine for some days" after I had written my reply... Your original post was insinuating that British people should MOVE to Spain, not just go there on holiday, so enough of the El Junter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather