Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 03:22 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymFanatic View Post
I live in Southern England, they get NO snow, just what Easthome alluded to earlier. NI received some snow about a month ago.

What snow has most of England received in this mild winter? None?
I don't think I ever said we get no snow? This isn't true, we do occasionally get snow down here. I don't think this winter has been particularly mild either, Christmas was I know but on the whole its been quite 'cool', I've had to defrost the car windows early mornings far more often than the whole of last winter already. I'm sure councils must have the odd snow plough too, they probably just don't have enough, there is no point having dozens of snow ploughs if they only (possibly) get used once a decade, hence when snow does come chaos ensues.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:30 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Throw the towel in. Stop clutching at straws. You know that most of England (especially south of the 'Wash') has diabolical winters.

Temperatures are perpetually between 5 and 12c with heavy drizzle, so the chances of snow there are slim to none. My comment in reference to areas in the British Isles which are guaranteed snow cover on an annual basis still stands.
Ah the old 'heavy drizzle' stereotype again, actually 'heavy drizzle' is quite rare here, the most common type of rain here tends to come in 'showers', of course it is possible to experience all types of weather (it is weather after all) drizzly days? Despite people assuming England has 'constant drizzle' We've probably had a couple this winter at most, in fact rain has been somewhat lacking here since last June.

Old 01-06-2017, 03:45 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,589,947 times
I don't know where the perpetual drizzle myth comes from, because it isn't true. Drizzle isn't particularly common outside of winter (and even in winter, there are a lot more dry days than rain days). The rest of the year, precipitation is dominated by showers.

The first week of January has been as far below average as December was above average (1.5c).
http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie...=12&annee=2016

http://www.meteociel.fr/climatologie....php?code=3772

Old 01-06-2017, 05:46 AM

5,601 posts, read 3,502,351 times
The cold peaked at -23C and 77 % humidity in Eskilstuna, northern Sörmland County, at 6 am this morning. By any yardstick that's pretty impressive to get such humid cold in this region.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:42 AM

658 posts, read 359,399 times
Quote:
I had snow fall on two days.
So, some parts of England had snow on 6-8 days. The places at the same level as NI. Just S T FU kid, stop arguing with people who are presenting the facts and be quiet. You have the same winter climate as South East England, accept it and stop being so butt hurt about it. How you can fail to comprehend the basics of averages is very hard to believe for someone who claims to go to university.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:55 AM

9,264 posts, read 7,405,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Not seen you in a while. I just assumed you'd been murdered.

How's the travelling going?
I actually just recently got back to the UK, depressing been a tough job adapting from 30C+ with high humidity everyday to our current weather for sure!

Going away made me realise I like tropical climates more than I previously thought, give me 30C + year round!

Good to see not much has changed here Owen still spouting nonsense..

Old 01-06-2017, 06:56 AM

105 posts, read 69,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lommaren View Post
The cold peaked at -23C and 77 % humidity in Eskilstuna, northern Sörmland County, at 6 am this morning. By any yardstick that's pretty impressive to get such humid cold in this region.
an rh of 77% at -23C is not very humid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dew_po...e:Dewpoint.jpg

Old 01-06-2017, 07:20 AM

105 posts, read 69,307 times
coldest night of the season in sweden's southern half

the -28.1C reading in floda, south of eskilstuna, i very impressive.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:24 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,813,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I actually just recently got back to the UK, depressing been a tough job adapting from 30C+ with high humidity everyday to our current weather for sure!

Going away made me realise I like tropical climates more than I previously thought, give me 30C + year round!

Ahh well it must be nice seeing your family at least. I've been in the same situation, coming from a hot climate back to the UK. It can be difficult tbh, and you really do realise how depressing the weather is in England!

Anymore plans for going abroad? Can you take a year and go down to Australia?

Anyway, welcome back And, well, Owen is just Owen, isn't he

Old 01-06-2017, 07:31 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
No, you're wrong. Dunno went to gay conversion therapy, Dean York has gained 20 kg, chicagogeorge isn't interested in weather anymore, Galaxyman became a teetotaler and ksolina has been banned three times.

Welcome back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather