Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM

19 posts, read 56,391 times

Advertisements

Well it is finally here! The cold weather in mesa, arizona. Cold and rainy
yesterday, Got about 2 inches in my neighborhood. Although most would
say that this is nothing compared to the real winter weather they get in their
region. It is nice to see something else besides 100 degree + tempertures.
My great other half says I'm going to freeze my first winter back in denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 05:06 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
, Got about 2 inches in my neighborhood

Two inches of what ? Snow? That is what two inches would mean here in New York. If you mean rain, 2" of rain sounds wonderful to these iced-in freezing Nyer.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelledyk1372 View Post
Well it is finally here! The cold weather in mesa, arizona. Cold and rainy
yesterday, Got about 2 inches in my neighborhood. Although most would
say that this is nothing compared to the real winter weather they get in their
region. It is nice to see something else besides 100 degree + tempertures.
My great other half says I'm going to freeze my first winter back in denver.
I noticed that Az. was getting some nice rain and also that the Phx. area had tied a record for Dec. rains that went back 25 years. When I was reading that, it had only rained an inch and a quarter at that time.

You aren't an Az. native who is moving to Co., are you? That could be a difficult adjustment because after the beauty of that first snow wears off, you may not like it there.

Nancy, I'm with you. Winter is NOT good. Right now it's 7 with a windchill of -1, a bit of snow on the ground and I'm not fond of this.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:08 AM

19 posts, read 56,391 times
Well considering I grew up in cheyenne, wyoming. My residing in arizona these past 15 years has definitely wore thin, and I am looking forward to moving to denver. Yes I do agree that its going to take some time getting used to, but I'm up for anything than staying here any longer. Need to move closer to my mom.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelledyk1372 View Post
Well considering I grew up in cheyenne, wyoming. My residing in arizona these past 15 years has definitely wore thin, and I am looking forward to moving to denver. Yes I do agree that its going to take some time getting used to, but I'm up for anything than staying here any longer. Need to move closer to my mom.
We've never been to the desert, but are planning on checking it out. It's supposed to be good for aches and pains. How did you like your time down there? Did you find the summers to be unbearable? Would you recommend Az. to others?

Old 12-03-2007, 06:05 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
It snowed 3 in. one night here recently here in Oklahoma, but most of it was gone by noon since the temp. was right at freezing and the ground is still in the process of cooling down.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:49 PM

416 posts, read 2,510,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
We've never been to the desert, but are planning on checking it out. It's supposed to be good for aches and pains. How did you like your time down there? Did you find the summers to be unbearable? Would you recommend Az. to others?
I'm in Arizona and if you like the heat, this place is perfect for you. As far as aches and pains go, this wouldn't resolve it. I moved from Washington State and the hardest thing was it doesn't rain...it's very dry and dusty. The summers are brutal...if you can handle it only getting down to the 90s as a low for months, then this is the place for you.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_singlemother View Post
I'm in Arizona and if you like the heat, this place is perfect for you. As far as aches and pains go, this wouldn't resolve it. I moved from Washington State and the hardest thing was it doesn't rain...it's very dry and dusty. The summers are brutal...if you can handle it only getting down to the 90s as a low for months, then this is the place for you.
That's disappointing to hear that it won't cure the aches and pains. It does seem that it has helped some people with it so I suppose it depends on what is wrong. My problem is a bit of fibromyalgia and a bit of osteo-arthritis. My worst time of year is early autumn when it switches from nice to chilly. And yes, I LOVE the hot weather. I think that Cold Canadian, Alfy and I need to move to Mesa.

Old 12-08-2007, 03:06 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
First, I'm sure the original poster meant two inches of RAIN. Mesa is a suburb of Phoenix, and it doesn't snow in this region ... except maybe once every eight years or so. We had more rain yesterday & today that amounted to over an inch in some sections. Not a record breaker, but it was still much needed moisture to help compensate for how dry we've been all year. And yes, it has been dry even for our averages!

As far as "aches & pains" are concerned: I've heard different opinions. Some say the heat & dry weather helps osteo arthritis ... but the more serious type of arthritis (rheumatoid) isn't affected too much by weather or climate. However, moving here strictly for the climate is ignorant in my opinion because our climate isn't exactly healthy. Asthma tends to be bad in the Phoenix area to the combination of pollution and dust. Skin cancer rates are among the highest in the nation, heat stroke is common in the summer months, and Sjogren's Syndrome can be aggravated by the dry air. As for me, I always feel healthier and more vibrant after it rains here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather