U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,183,726 times

Advertisements

Carolina
My goodness, please calm down.
I guess my smilies did not get their message across.
I was being just a <bit> facetious.
Of course we all like different weather.
It just cracked me up to see mbmouse's post.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2006, 05:00 PM

21,422 posts, read 29,558,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Carolina
My goodness, please calm down.
I guess my smilies did not get their message across.
I was being just a <bit> facetious.
Of course we all like different weather.
It just cracked me up to see mbmouse's post.
Ok, sorry I got a little over sensitive. It's because I got bashed really bad for saying how much I HATE the heat in Texas (even got a red dot for it) I just wanted to defend someone. So now we can all be friends again

Old 10-26-2006, 06:26 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,183,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Ok, sorry I got a little over sensitive. It's because I got bashed really bad for saying how much I HATE the heat in Texas (even got a red dot for it) I just wanted to defend someone. So now we can all be friends again
Yikes
No red dots coming from me, I promise!

Old 10-27-2006, 07:10 AM

338 posts, read 1,299,047 times
Thanks everyone- I didn't mean to have feelings or temperments hurt--I just wanted your humble opinion-and I got a few of them- please no red dots- I got one too for some other post about immigration I think-whatever- mbmouse has been a great help with pictures and information, she is very proud of where she lives-- thats a good indication of her area (I think)- again opinions are just that...Thanks again!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:37 AM

2,814 posts, read 11,901,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Yikes
No red dots coming from me, I promise!
The only times I ever got red dots ... well, the first time the doctor diagnosed it as chicken pox (in 1968, children and parents looked at it still as a rite of passage in childhood). The second time was in the navy... but,,, we don't talk about that in polite company

Old 10-27-2006, 11:40 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,716,772 times
LOL!!!
Thank you ladies for defending met is very nice of you and I appreciate it, but I do realize everyone has there own opinion about a place. I just put mine in, if someone disagrees with me, that is ok, I am not offended, I respect there opinion too. It's all good

Old 10-27-2006, 02:51 PM

11,586 posts, read 17,526,123 times
The worst weather in the US without a doubt is...
Mount Washington, New Hampshire - 100 MPH wind speed is normal, has the world record for wind speed at 230MPH. Blizzard like weather for 9 months out of the year, but in the summer it calms down to only hurricane like weather.
Needless to say, no one lives there.

Personally I thought Florida was the worst. Unbearably humid from March to October and no change of seasons. And thunderstorms every afternoon in the summer. But some people like it. I guess the snowbelt regions around the great lakes are pretty bad.
Best weather I have to say is in the foot hills of the southern appalachians. Like someone said, NE TN. Not too hot in the summer, not too cold in the winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or