Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2015, 03:54 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Today was one of those days where I was like a sloth at work this morning. I didn't feel like coming in today, bleh.

I mean, heck, I'm Puerto Rican and I don't want a single Mexican or Central American amnestied. It's nor fair for those of us who have to go through the million hoops to get our spouse a green card. Although, I think the US made a big mistake in not taking the opportunities to be in political union with Mexico, Cuba, and the Philippines waaay back then. Philippines was a US territory from 1898-till the end of WWII
Err ok.. Don't they should join with Mexico.

Old 05-22-2015, 03:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyFL View Post
My job is feeding fish and cleaning tanks.
Lol Deuce Bigolo

Old 05-22-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Err ok.. Don't they should join with Mexico.
Who Cuba? Nah José Martí wanted total independence for Cuba, but they wanted PR to join with Cuba, hence why our two flags are the same except the colors are reversed. Cubans still want PR to be in political unin with the US but we're like, nah that's ok thanks for the offer.

As for the Philippines, they speak better English than PR which I was surprised about they should have stayed with us, but we treated them like ****, but a lot better than the Japanese who massacred and pillaged them before we took back the Philippines, Guam, Palau, and the Northern Mariana Islands from Japanese control

Old 05-22-2015, 03:59 PM

You know my opinion on this issue.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:05 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Guys, what do you think of non-British Europeans who move to the UK, and then complain of massive EU migration to Britain?
If I were British, I wouldn't care too much if they were hypocritical or not. I'd be happy with their position. It should be up to the British to decide what they do with their own country, including how many other Europeans they let in. The British can certainly have a legitimate objection to the sheer number of EU migrants and all the problems associated with them. By all accounts, Polish migration the UK is a bad deal for British people. They drive down wages and displace the British in their own land. The Poles have Poland; there is no need for so many of them in Britain. The same globalists that wreck Western countries with massive non-European immigration are also quite content with massive migrations of other Europeans to Britain.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:05 PM

Quote:
You know my opinion on this issue.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto...ferendum,_2012

You should note that 61% of Puerto Ricans in 2012, actually voted in favor of statehood. But, because there were a lot of invalidated ballots, Congress did not start the process of admitting PR as the 51st state. If there weren't a lot of ambiguities, the US flag would have 51 stars on it now, not 50. So, in essence, we WANT to be the 51st state.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:07 PM

I agree Snj. It gets on my goat when company's like Airbus try and entice us into voting no to leaving the EU. I think we should be given our own vote influenced by no one..

The whole purpose of the EU vote is to give us the opportunity to give our say, of course this will never happen, they will try their best to influence us.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto...ferendum,_2012

You should note that 61% of Puerto Ricans in 2012, actually voted in favor of statehood. But, because there were a lot of invalidated ballots, Congress did not start the process of admitting PR as the 51st state. If there weren't a lot of ambiguities, the US flag would have 51 stars on it now, not 50. So, in essence, we WANT to be the 51st state.
The question on everyone's mind though.. Do the Americans want them??

Old 05-22-2015, 04:11 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,275,292 times
Quote:
Your a student.
You can't have a job when you're in school?

Old 05-22-2015, 04:11 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
If I were British, I wouldn't care too much if they were hypocritical or not. I'd be happy with their position. It should be up to the British to decide what they do with their own country, including how many other Europeans they let in. The British can certainly have a legitimate objection to the sheer number of EU migrants and all the problems associated with them. By all accounts, Polish migration the UK is a bad deal for British people. They drive down wages and displace the British in their own land. The Poles have Poland; there is no need for so many of them in Britain. The same globalists that wreck Western countries with massive non-European immigration are also quite content with massive migrations of other Europeans to Britain.
You live thousands of miles away - your opinion is worth jack sh*t. These European migrants happen to contribute a great deal more in tax than the British people themselves - they are hugely beneficial to the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather