Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 01:11 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,805,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh I forgot too, lack of gun crime in the UK, no mass shootings, and just far lower crime levels in the first place in the cities.

Haha I take your word for it. York looks amazing, wife only wants to live in southeast England though.

Nope not yet. We were going to go to either Wales (I know it's not England) or Leeds last weekend, but we found out it was Magna Carta weekend and decided to stay. It was a let down to say the least.

So far Ive only seen London, east Berkshire, Hampshire, and Dorset (Christchurch) and west Oxfordshire.

Something silly, I heard authentic Cockney yesterday from some older folks. Doesn't sound so forced or enunciated like on the TV
Yes, no shootings!

It is a very nice part of the country is good old Yorkshire, but then there are other very nice parts too. Also, as much as I love York and Yorkshire, and like to show my pride for it, nowhere in the UK can match Scotland for beauty. It's a stunningly beautiful place.

I don't know too much about Berkshire and Oxfordshire, but I lived in Hampshire and also know Dorset very well. Both are nice places, particularly the New forest.

25,024 posts, read 27,874,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Lets see. How many times have I been on a plane in the last twelve months?

And they've all been to the same places and most are short haul. That's so boring. I'm flying to Tokyo next year, then going to Osaka via the infamous Shinkansen, and flying to Heathrow from Tokyo. I've seen more of the world than you have in 5 years

5,983 posts, read 4,267,624 times
Quote:
Lets see. How many times have I been on a plane in the last twelve months?

Dub-ewr
Ewr-mco
Mco-ewr
Ewr-dub
Ldy-stn
Stn-ldy
Stn-ldy
Ldy-stn
Bfs-edi
Edi-bfs

Hmm?? Looks like about 10 times.. Yeah full of nonsense you.

And already I have another 7 flights ahead..
Flying≠travel

Old 06-22-2015, 01:13 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,249,138 times
Quote:
And they've all been to the same places and most are short haul. That's so boring. I'm flying to Tokyo next year, then going to Osaka, and flying to Heathrow from Tokyo. I've seen more of the world than you have in 5 years

Dub-iad
Dca-jfk
Jfk-dub
Ldy-stn x 5

So yeah I have more flights coming up. I doubt you would be flying that much at my age, also I don't think you could navigate the airports etc.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean York View Post
Yes, no shootings!

It is a very nice part of the country is good old Yorkshire, but then there are other very nice parts too. Also, as much as I love York and Yorkshire, and like to show my pride for it, nowhere in the UK can match Scotland for beauty. It's a stunningly beautiful place.

I don't know too much about Berkshire and Oxfordshire, but I lived in Hampshire and also know Dorset very well. Both are nice places, particularly the New forest.
yeah I'm definitely not going to miss the guns. After much thought, I don't understand this whole freedom aspect to be able to own almost any gun you want, and for cops to be armed. Somehow, cops' lives are in far less danger in the UK even though they are disarmed for the most part we have an arms race in the US, basically.

I really want to visit Scotland so bad! Especially Edinburgh and the highlands.

We drove through the New Forest on the way to Christchurch, I loved that park. It reminded me of driving through a country road in PA with thick forest on both sides. Dorset was lovely, I got a nasty case of sunburn in the Costa del Bournemouth

Old 06-22-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Dub-iad
Dca-jfk
Jfk-dub
Ldy-stn x 5

So yeah I have more flights coming up. I doubt you would be flying that much at my age, also I don't think you could navigate the airports etc.
I've been flying by myself since I was 7 years old from EWR to SJU, by myself. You couldn't find your way out of bed without your parents

LOL, so what? I've flown into most of those airports you mentioned already. Add NRT (Tokyo-Narita), ICN (Seoul-Incheon), and LAX to my list next year and that trumps yours by miles

Old 06-22-2015, 01:22 PM

What airports has everyone been to?

Ldy
Bhd
Stn
Ltn
Bfs
Edi
Pik
Reu
Alc
Mja
Fco
Tfs
Nce
Ewr
Man
Dub
Pbi
Atl
Yyz
Ywg
Mco
Msp

I'm adding dca,iad and jfk this summer.

I will have then been to 2 of 3 new york airports.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I've been flying by myself since I was 7 years old from EWR to SJU, by myself. You couldn't find your way out of bed without your parents

LOL, so what? I've flown into most of those airports you mentioned already. Add NRT, ICN, and LAX to my list next year and that trumps yours by miles
No it doesn't "trump" mines. I goto airports a few times every year, much more often than you and most people. I'm pretty certain I know how to fly about and navigate airports.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:25 PM
nei nei started this thread nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,324,806 times
I've been to all three of the NYC airports

Old 06-22-2015, 01:27 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,267,624 times
Let's see...

HPN, LGA, JFK, EWR, PHL, ACY, DCA, CLT, ATL, SFB, MCO, TPA, PBI, FLL, MIA, DFW, AUS, FSD, DEN, LAS, SFO, YYC, LHR, ABQ, SJU, MBJ, UVF, SLU, GDL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.