Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 07:11 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,239,594 times

Advertisements

I think some woman just say "stuff the men lets do this for the girls"....

I have met a few people like that in my life. Personally I just treat everyone the same and ignore the gender
Certainly in the past it was awful for woman in this country but look at the politicans, Nicola Sturgeon is the first minister of Scotland, we can't say woman are discriminated still..

Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,502,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Teenage girls do better in school than teenage boys so it's teenage boys who need help and encouragement. The education system has already been tailored to suit girls as it is.
That's very true here in the US. It's truly a "girl's world" in school here. Girls get treated better by teachers, they get punished less, and they get better grades. They're being accepted at universities at a much higher rate than men, and the number of degrees being awarded to women is increasing at a faster rate than men.

You see this on TV and in popular culture - men are portrayed as losers, while women are happy and successful.

I guess the good thing about this trend is that the marriage rate is falling, as well as the rate of family formation. Fewer children are being born, which will lead to population loss in the long run (we're already seeing this in Japan and other countries). This planet would be a much nicer place if we had less people.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 AM

11,645 posts, read 12,846,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Teenage girls do better in school than teenage boys so it's teenage boys who need help and encouragement. The education system has already been tailored to suit girls as it is.
As a guy, teachers were usually nice to me. I got close to a few of them. And I wasn't even a nerd - I actually dropped out in grade 12. Our teachers pretty much yelled at, and favoured, anyone, regardless of the gender. Most of the boys they "mistreated" were already rude and disrespectful folks.

I would say that teenage schoolboys are more likely to be loners though. Girls almost universally had friends in my high school, whilst I'd usually see a couple of guys sitting alone here and there. Not to mention, guys faced more terrible forms of bullying too, unlike girls.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:18 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,415,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoFlan View Post
Exactly, and especially not when he was trying to shame that person who said how his parents died in a car accident.
That person was/is an obvious troll. Like wavehunter on LSD.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:49 AM

7,033 posts, read 4,927,604 times
Also feminazis have this need to portray themselves as 'strong' even though no-one is offending them, but they love to play the victim at the same time.

????????????

Old 06-24-2015, 09:58 AM

Totally bummed they're taking away the General Lee. Forever.

It was my favorite show growing up - every Friday night at 8, I had my butt planted in front of that TV watching Bo and Luke Duke "fighting the system like a modern-day Robin Hood."

Due to the flap about the Confederate flag, they've stopped making the die-cast version of the car used in the show, because it has a confederate flag on it. Of course, it was never meant to be a racist symbol - it was just a symbol of the South, and the rebel spirit.

I know the flag is considered racist and out of step with the modern era, but it is part of American history, and I really don't like how the folks pulling the levers are going all-out to exterminate history by removing all traces of this flag from existence. I know the killing was a terrible tragedy, but what about all the blacks who get murdered in every big city in the US, just about every single day? People are blaming a stupid flag, when it was a nut with a GUN that killed all those people. People really think eliminating this flag is gonna solve the problem of people killing other people with guns? I sure don't think so.

Well, gadgumit, I went ahead and bought one (they'll probably be all gone by this afternoon) - they ain't taking away MY memories of that fun, wholesome show.

Here's a tribute to the "good ol' boys" with their orange car that could fly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A

Old 06-24-2015, 10:01 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,640,456 times
(Mild) sore throat

Old 06-24-2015, 12:06 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,415,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Totally bummed they're taking away the General Lee. Forever.

It was my favorite show growing up - every Friday night at 8, I had my butt planted in front of that TV watching Bo and Luke Duke "fighting the system like a modern-day Robin Hood."

Due to the flap about the Confederate flag, they've stopped making the die-cast version of the car used in the show, because it has a confederate flag on it. Of course, it was never meant to be a racist symbol - it was just a symbol of the South, and the rebel spirit.

I know the flag is considered racist and out of step with the modern era, but it is part of American history, and I really don't like how the folks pulling the levers are going all-out to exterminate history by removing all traces of this flag from existence. I know the killing was a terrible tragedy, but what about all the blacks who get murdered in every big city in the US, just about every single day? People are blaming a stupid flag, when it was a nut with a GUN that killed all those people. People really think eliminating this flag is gonna solve the problem of people killing other people with guns? I sure don't think so.

Well, gadgumit, I went ahead and bought one (they'll probably be all gone by this afternoon) - they ain't taking away MY memories of that fun, wholesome show.

Here's a tribute to the "good ol' boys" with their orange car that could fly:

Not what I'd expect from you.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:09 PM

14,498 posts, read 9,386,466 times
Still without power.. also have no cell service at home. My dad was in Delaware and said they have power so that's where I am. Power here. Will find a place to charge my phone and just spend some time in air conditioned establishments.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Still without power.. also have no cell service at home. My dad was in Delaware and said they have power so that's where I am. Power here. Will find a place to charge my phone and just spend some time in air conditioned establishments.
Was there a lot of tree damage where you were? I can't imagine why cell phone service would be out, those towers are made to withstand all sorts of weather. Perhaps you should spend the night over there to be safe, unless you get word the power is back at your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.