Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 10:03 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times

Advertisements

I feel you brothers. At least here you get some compensation for all that crap. Some snow, some warmth, and some thunderstorms. For example the first half of April was awful -> the second half mild and nice. Same with May. First half awful, now more than decent.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:05 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,452,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
We will never get a thunderstorm again for as long as I live. No ****ing snow in the winter and no ****ing storms now. ****ing ****. The only positive this year was the last few days which have been nice and warm, but other than that it's been one big ****fest with nothing interesting at all, and now it's a cold, wet horrible day at 10C and the max temp was at midnight and the forecast is terrible with virtually no sun and below-average temps and rain. This is the type of weather that pushes people over the edge.

Well, there is always a silver lining I suppose - our poor forecast is the same as a typical July in Northern Ireland or some ****hole like that. I would commit suicide if I lived there.
It seems that you are becoming a heat lover, at least in summer.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:06 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Average high this month is 17C at the moment, but it will plunge over the coming few days. Sunshine unlikely to increase much - probably below 150 hours - and May is supposed to be our sunniest month with 210 hours on average. May 2012 exceeded that amount, but last year was crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max96 View Post
It seems that you are becoming a heat lover, at least in summer.
Nah, I just like sunshine and mild-warm weather in spring and summer, although I don't mind heatwaves occasionally since they are interesting. I don't mind cloud too, but the forecast is really bad - basically just cloud and nothing else. The lack of storms is what really annoys me though.

If this summer is cool and cloudy with no storms, 2014 will be the worst year ever, without a doubt. 2007 was pretty horrific since winter was exceptionally mild with no snow and the summer was a cloudy washout, but at least we had some good thunderstorms then.

It's times like this that make me wonder why I even bother taking an interest in the weather when it's boring most of the time.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:20 AM

277 posts, read 314,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeteoMan View Post
The lack of thunder in Buxton is a sick joke. The convective band coming from the SE has got eroded by the clammy dull damp cold stratus puke keeping a lid on the temperatures all day, so we just have drizzle to look forward to.

Ireland, Wales, Scotland, SE England, Midlands and basically everybody except us have enjoyed thunderstorms - meanwhile yet another complete spring has passed us by here without so much as a single distant rumble of thunder. This place probably gets fewer thunderstorms than Iceland. I'm not looking at another forecast or the radar again this damn year. At all. I don't care. If there's gonna be thunder it can take me by surprise. Like one day in August 2057 when we get our next "thunderstorm". If I'm not dead by then... Fuxton sucks. I've lived all over the UK and this place misses the lot. EVERYTHING.
Same **** here, just replace Ireland, Wales, Scotland, SE England, Midlands with Bass Strait, Western Vic, NE Vic, Tasman Sea and central ranges. Saw a grand total of perhaps 3 days with short lived distant lightning all summer. Atleast we had 3 days over 43C among several over 38C but still, I need some ****ing LIGHTNING

Crock of ****

Old 05-22-2014, 10:31 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
I want a thunderstorm nooowwwww!

If not..

Old 05-22-2014, 11:28 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
If not..
Since when did guys suffer from PMS .

Old 05-22-2014, 12:23 PM

1,772 posts, read 1,503,304 times
I'm deeply disappointed... big thunderstorms over my area, but I get nothing but wind, a dark sky and a few drops
I currently reside where the pink dot is:

Old 05-22-2014, 12:44 PM

141 posts, read 426,242 times
I guess I am one of the weird people. I get really depressed when summer gets here. I hate the heat. While most people love beaches and tropical climates I would rather live in the Artic circle. My husband and I are trying to get a job further north so that we can get away from the heat and humidity.

Counting down the days till winter!

Old 05-22-2014, 01:20 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephkp View Post
I guess I am one of the weird people. I get really depressed when summer gets here. I hate the heat. While most people love beaches and tropical climates I would rather live in the Artic circle. My husband and I are trying to get a job further north so that we can get away from the heat and humidity.

Counting down the days till winter!
You will find lots of friends here, and I am one of them .

Old 05-22-2014, 02:36 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Thunderstorms moving in. I'm starting to hear the thunder. Not that I necessarily hate thunderstorms. I'm just not in the mood for one now. I just ended my week and I'm going into a 4-day weekend. It should be calm and sunny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather