Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,560,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I think Tasmania is Australia's version of worst weather zone in country. You got bad luck weather-wise.
Haha that's exactly what I thought after writing my post.

Quote:
Perhaps you could take occasional weekend trips to southern France for the weather? I'd do that in the winter if I lived in Paris
I certainly plan to do that BUT I'd find it much more important to do it in the summer. Winter weather is obviously epic fail tier in Paris but the "missing out" factor is even worse in summer if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Nuclear Winter
It's like you just moved from Australia to Melbourne. Why did you move to Paris?
Because our retarded country is as centralized as it can be, and (at least in my field, but in tons of others as well), there are 100-200 job opportunities for 1 in Nice/Monaco (literally). Plus my gf and most of my friends are here now as well (all for the same aforementioned reason).

I'm actually excited for a ton of reasons, but weather (and environment in general) is by far THE huge downside.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:47 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,730,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdh View Post
Just moved to Paris (Tuesday) - the weather has not been very welcoming to say the least October weather, neverending drizzle, ugly grey skies and chilly winds meanwhile back in Nice homies are basking in 25-28°C and endless sunshine DAMN NISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSES who have no idea how lucky they are

Galaxyman mode activated now I know what it feels like to be in the second-****tiest tier weather zone of one's country (the whole northernmost band from Brittany to Belgium is here to make us feel better)
So the weather went full troll mode just in time for your move. Interesting.

I feel for you. Weather-wise, that's like me moving to Cherbourg or something.

Woop woop looky here, almost 16°C now!!1!11!1!!
Meteociel - Observations Orly (91) - donnes mto de la station - Tableaux horaires en temps réel

Proof that the UHI does little in daytime in such situations:
http://www.meteociel.fr/temps-reel/o...014&envoyer=OK

Couldn't be more central

Out in the boondocks

Old 07-10-2014, 10:16 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Gosh, I'd LOVE to be in Paris right now. Cool, clouds and rain is just what I need to maintain my sanity - I'd be giddy with joy if I got to experience this kind of weather in high summer. Around here, it's ALWAYS hot and ALWAYS DRY in summer - I can't even buy a raindrop around here - this is the worst kind of weather for me, and it goes on and on and on without end. If I could just have *1* day out of ten when it's cool and rainy, I'd be thrilled, but no, that's verboten down here in the Desert Southeast.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times
Its hot, and crime's starting to suck. Just great .

The UK should be fortunate for a chilly summer and absence of gangs fueled by drugs. Any idea on how to solve this issue .

Old 07-10-2014, 12:34 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,451,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Gosh, I'd LOVE to be in Paris right now. Cool, clouds and rain is just what I need to maintain my sanity - I'd be giddy with joy if I got to experience this kind of weather in high summer. Around here, it's ALWAYS hot and ALWAYS DRY in summer - I can't even buy a raindrop around here - this is the worst kind of weather for me, and it goes on and on and on without end. If I could just have *1* day out of ten when it's cool and rainy, I'd be thrilled, but no, that's verboten down here in the Desert Southeast.
It looks nice today!

Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,407,199 times
19:30 and the sun has only just come out on a good note at least my room temperature is back to around 21C

Old 07-10-2014, 02:13 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,519,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
It looks nice today!

I didn't get squat from that.

This is what I hate the most about summer - it's always the other guy that gets lucky with rain, never me. In winter, pretty much everyone gets the goods with those all-day stratiform rains, but of course, winter is shorter than summer - so you just can't win with this crap.

I just can't wait for this nasty, piece of **** season to be over.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:45 PM

Ughh, my cat just brought in a dead mouse and is now eating it.. I can hear the crunching bones, how disgusting

Old 07-10-2014, 05:46 PM

6,908 posts, read 7,666,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsNHL View Post
If you think I am exaggerating about these things, here's 2 buggers I just slapped from my leg in one slap.
Just saw this one on TV today. Yes, they're the mozzies.

Is it that bad in Brisbane or other humid subtropical cities for that matter?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 PM

Yuck.. I would absolutely hate that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather