Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 05:52 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,446,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
Yeah, and confidence is also a huge factor in all of this.. not to all girls, but a very large majority of girls are attracted to confident guys, so really you have to just throw your head out there if you want a good chance at being successful
What I'm attracted to doesn't matter?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:53 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,197,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I think he realizes that it sounds too outlandish and changes it lol. I noticed that too though. Strange indeed.
I apologize. Looks are a thing I'm extremely sensitive about, especially after a bad week at work. My boss is going to break my head once she gets back tomorrow. I'm very scared, my livelihood is in danger. First job ever, and I'm doing all I can to impress the boss in terms of work performance. But it just does not seem to be enough.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:55 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,425,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
You'll find it very hard to find one.. it's naturally wired into our DNA for guys to chase girls and that will never change. Girls will give a signal, we have to read them. That's all part of our natural instinct for mating and survival of the fittest.

There are girls who will make the first move, but I would imagine they are very rare.. in fact most girls I have been with have given away extremely strong signals of attraction, but fallen short at the approaching me part, at which point it is easy to tell that they are interested, you literally just have to initiate a conversation and you are there.
I totally agree. Women are hard-wired to be pursued. They will not pursue you.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:56 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,274,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I apologize. Looks are a thing I'm extremely sensitive about, especially after a bad week at work. My boss is going to break my head once she gets back tomorrow. I'm very scared, my livelihood is in danger. First job ever, and I'm doing all I can to impress the boss in terms of work performance. But it just does not seem to be enough.
^Unlikely, unless she wants to go to jail.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:57 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,355,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Why would your boss break your head?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
What I'm attracted to doesn't matter?
I think women in general are more likely to find guys attractive on the basis of their personality. They're drawn to confidence and assertiveness.

My opinion of a person can certainly influence my perception of their attractiveness. But there's no way an otherwise unattractive guy could ever get me interested by having a great personality. But women may be wired differently.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:58 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,565,354 times
I don't buy into this 'hardwired to do this or that' argument. Humans are not like other animals - we have more free will, and if a woman wants to pursue a man, nothing is stopping her form doing that. She has the capability to do what she wants, she's not some stupid animal. Most of them are either too lazy, or fear what society will think of them (i.e a woman pursuing a man must be desperate).

Expecting men to do all the chasing, and then women complaining about men not picking up the signals, and then men complaining there are no women for them, and women complaining there are no guys to date.. it all sounds really stupid, doesn't it?

Old 07-07-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
Why would your boss break your head?
Obviously in a figurative sense...

Old 07-07-2015, 06:01 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,256,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I don't buy into this 'hardwired to do this or that' argument. Humans are not like other animals - we have more free will, and if a woman wants to pursue a man, nothing is stopping her form doing that. She has the capability to do what she wants, she's not some stupid animal.
Thank you! Some men just have absolutely no self respect for themselves or any woman.

I treat a woman like a man i.e equal. I don't go on like a raging lunatic obsessed about sex, like i've said before I prefer a long term partner. I'm not obsessed with sex with anyone and I will not go out of my way looking for sex.

There's more to life than sex. I think some of the things being said are revolting i.e chasing woman? What the hell are you? A pedo?

Anyway i've said my piece.

-------/

And... I'm out..

Old 07-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I don't buy into this 'hardwired to do this or that' argument. Humans are not like other animals - we have more free will, and if a woman wants to pursue a man, nothing is stopping her form doing that. She has the capability to do what she wants, she's not some stupid animal.
Although I do believe in free will (I reject determinism), I think a large part of our psychology is due to innate tendencies. I really don't see how this can be argued otherwise. Men & women differ in a psychological sense and we're built differently. We have different urges, and it can be hard not to follow your natural urges. Using free will, you can override some of these tendencies, but not everyone exercises free will to the same extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.