Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 07:33 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,398,124 times

Advertisements

I prefer travelling with friends as well.. although I still go with my family as it is free and a chance to see a different culture and get some guaranteed warmth and sun. I spend most of our holidays just on the beach or by the pool anyway and then drink in the evening so it is still quite fun.

With my friends it is the same, although some more sightseeing and considerably more drinking..

Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 PM

20,652 posts, read 23,846,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
But you'll still have to pay for spending money, food, accomodation and travel within the US. So will probably need £2,800 or so.
Idk but I could certainly afford the flights and maybe the hotel.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol, never going to happen. There is nowhere that cheap here, a decent weekly rental is $200 a week minimum

Owen, I don't know if you are aware, but Canada has Working Holiday Visas for Brits? The US has nothing of the sort, so you can count the US out, but go to Canada. It's right next to us anyway, and almost the same country but it just has more comforts of the UK. Toronto is where you want to be.

Hell, even England is fantastic. The weather is much better, too. London is amazing, but way too cramped for my tastes. Don't knock England until you've tried it. It has most of everything that the US has, including huge theme parks. Thorpe Park is great, I've been there before. My brother-in-law has been to Alton Towers as well. England has a lot of the same things that we do as well, the weather is the only difference.

But, it also sounds like you caught the bug to go longhaul. Why not go to Australia on a Working Holiday?
$200 a week is not bad at all! That works out as about £120 a week here and I pay £250 up at uni!

My friend did the working visa thing in Canada, I may try that one day although certainly not in a Canadian winter!

Oh, I love Thorpe Park! I actually work there now I live really close to it and it is great.. I also get lots of free tickets thanks to working there

Old 07-30-2014, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
I prefer travelling with friends as well.. although I still go with my family as it is free and a chance to see a different culture and get some guaranteed warmth and sun. I spend most of our holidays just on the beach or by the pool anyway and then drink in the evening so it is still quite fun.

With my friends it is the same, although some more sightseeing and considerably more drinking..
We spent alot of the time here http://m.simon.com/default.aspx?id=139&

Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,438,318 times
Anyone else a fan of taking roadtrips? I just have a passion for the open road and find it more fun than sightseeing on foot.

That's why I'm so upset about the way this summer turned out. I was excited to go to Florida driving all through the south and exploring Asheville, Savannah, Jacksonville etc. along the way, but realized I can't afford it and have to resort to flying on our local budget airline. I wish a lot of the "stuff" I bought in past years I would've just saved for traveling. As a teenager it was the last thing on my mind, and my parents took me everywhere I needed to go. Now, I have a fantastic modern car of my own, and no money left to go anywhere with it.

Old 07-30-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Idk but I could certainly afford the flights and maybe the hotel.
A hotel for 3 months would cost an enormous amount.. unless you have 4 grand spare then it probably isn't the best idea

Old 07-30-2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlinit View Post
A hotel for 3 months would cost an enormous amount.. unless you have 4 grand spare then it probably isn't the best idea
I've never looked into it.

But I want to save up my money again. But i'm gonna start saving up for a holiday again next month

Old 07-30-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Anyone else a fan of taking roadtrips? I just have a passion for the open road and find it more fun than sightseeing on foot.

That's why I'm so upset about the way this summer turned out. I was excited to go to Florida driving all through the south and exploring Asheville, Savannah, Jacksonville etc. along the way, but realized I can't afford it and have to resort to flying on our local budget airline. I wish a lot of the "stuff" I bought in past years I would've just saved for traveling. As a teenager it was the last thing on my mind, and my parents took me everywhere I needed to go. Now, I have a fantastic modern car of my own, and no money left to go anywhere with it.
I would love to.. unfortunately I cannot afford a car so I share a car my parents got for me and my sisters. As soon as I leave uni though I would love to drive around France, Spain and Italy.. I also love driving so it is my idea of a great trip

Old 07-30-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:

That's why I'm so upset about the way this summer turned out. I was excited to go to Florida driving all through the south and exploring Asheville, Savannah, Jacksonville etc. along the way, but realized I can't afford it and have to resort to flying on a budget airline. I wish a lot of the "stuff" I bought in past years I would've just saved for traveling. As a teenager it was the last thing on my mind, and my parents took me everywhere I needed to go. Now, I have a fantastic modern car of my own, and no money left to go anywhere with it.
Do you fly on United?

Old 07-30-2014, 07:39 PM

22,118 posts, read 29,540,794 times
Quote:

That's why I'm so upset about the way this summer turned out. I was excited to go to Florida driving all through the south and exploring Asheville, Savannah, Jacksonville etc. along the way, but realized I can't afford it and have to resort to flying on a budget airline. I wish a lot of the "stuff" I bought in past years I would've just saved for traveling. As a teenager it was the last thing on my mind, and my parents took me everywhere I needed to go. Now, I have a fantastic modern car of my own, and no money left to go anywhere with it.
Road trips are great, but we're not a very big country so it isn't quite the same. I'd love to rent a car and travel across Europe though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.